World of Chorecraft

General
13/11/2018 05:11Posted by Brodash
Oh yeah there is third type of people, those who cannot stop playing the game and think WoW is the greatest thing created by mankind ever even though they play zero other games

So go and play your other games and quit b-itching (:
And let me guess, you got bored after getting your welfare epics?
13/11/2018 06:59Posted by Lightwhisp
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You know dailies always been in this game, right ?

Wrong...introduced with isle of Queldanas in TBC.

Wrong, there was repeatable quests in vanilla and TBC before the sunwell patch.
Again, it's not the quantity of the content, there's billions of things to do, from pet battles, to competitive raiding/pvp(horde mostly), transmog farm, farming gold etc

It's HOW you do it, pressing 1-2 buttons on EVERY class and doing SAME damage, nothing unique about each class, that is the problem. IMO

in vanilla these quests were mostly blue-dailies, aka repeatable faction related quests, that requires you to grind mobs

back in vanila to get rep you should kill millions of zombies for argent dawn or bugs for cenarion expedition- silithus..
'
they were optionals, for crafters /rpers mostly

now all wqs are a linear - HAVE TO DO IT OR ELSE kind of concept, which is NOT in the spirit of mmoRPGs
13/11/2018 02:00Posted by Slugtrail

Finish this sentence "Oh man I just can't wait to log in and..."

resume my reign of terror on zone/camp X...

THANKS SHARDING
13/11/2018 06:23Posted by Mavys
12/11/2018 23:03Posted by Srolo
World quests = fancy name for dailies.

Except with dailies you had something to aim for like a mount or other stuff but now reputations don't give anything interesting.

Except that the reputations unlocks mounts and new races ? Not to mention toys and such ? Just gonna forget about that ?
13/11/2018 05:21Posted by Ypung
And then theres the 4th kind. The ones on the forums that constantly complain without adding any depth to what they find boring, what they would like to see changed. Just the plain old mind numbingly rant about nothing.

Tbh at this point i think you are developers from other games that are just salty you couldnt surpass wow and all you can do is rant,

This post is about nothing, echoed by ppl that say nothing.

You could say the points have been made by others... then bump those threads and add your imput but this is just pointless ranting

Posters here are NOT devs or designers. We are not paid to do this. We PAY Blizz to design & develop the game.
And here YOU are, in a thread with a title that makes it absolutely CERTAIN what it's going to be like, complaining that the OP is complaining saying nothing and pointlessly ranting.

Strong with you the irony is.
At least no one expects me to pay for IRL chores.

Feeling something as a "chore" is a state of mind, same as boredom. Some might see raiding as a chore because you need to get gear, but that's another state of mind. Point being only things compulsory to do in World of Warcraft is what you decide what you want to do and how relevant it is to your playstyle and end game.

If you don't like that particular content don't do it. Many players actually love world quests regardless of AP or not. Not all of us are sheep or "controlled" by streamers what to think.

Repeatable yes...dailies no.
If you feel that the game is a chore, perhaps you’ve played too much. Take a break and come back in a month or two and you see things in a new perpective.
13/11/2018 14:25Posted by Retributor
Again, it's not the quantity of the content, there's billions of things to do, from pet battles, to competitive raiding/pvp(horde mostly), transmog farm, farming gold etc

It's HOW you do it, pressing 1-2 buttons on EVERY class and doing SAME damage, nothing unique about each class, that is the problem. IMO

And in classic tbc and woltk you did press more ? I don’t think you played the older addons
13/11/2018 15:20Posted by Avitlarge
Posters here are NOT devs or designers. We are not paid to do this. We PAY Blizz to design & develop the game.
And here YOU are, in a thread with a title that makes it absolutely CERTAIN what it's going to be like, complaining that the OP is complaining saying nothing and pointlessly ranting.

Strong with you the irony is.

Did i say that they are? Some ppl do have legit points on their gripes of this game and do come with constructive feedback on what to change BUT they are drowned in the flods of pointless rants. For every contructive post that comes up there are 100 rant posts that wash it away from the first page.

You might see it as ironic that i reply to these kinds of posts but i do hope that someone sees this and thinks a bit before they open yet another "i quit", "im bored" etc post. For me that would be a win for the forums and the game itself.
13/11/2018 11:13Posted by Srolo
13/11/2018 07:55Posted by Iratu
Hi ya'll. Neckbeard here.

The facts are that they've made WQs less "mandatory" in BfA than they were in Legion. There has actually been quite a lot of whining about how the lacluster rewards are making the WQs not worth doing. And now here ya are, crying that they are mandatory.

Mandatory for what? They are not the most efficient way to farm gold, ap or gear. They are easily skipped. But they are still in the game so that _those who WANT to do them can do them_. Everyone else is free to skip them.

The constant whining about non-issues from the non-neckbeards is quite astonishing.

That coming from a lvl 85 brings tears to my eyes. :') At least post from your main, Mr. Neckbeard.

13/11/2018 11:13Posted by Srolo
13/11/2018 07:55Posted by Iratu
Hi ya'll. Neckbeard here.

The facts are that they've made WQs less "mandatory" in BfA than they were in Legion. There has actually been quite a lot of whining about how the lacluster rewards are making the WQs not worth doing. And now here ya are, crying that they are mandatory.

Mandatory for what? They are not the most efficient way to farm gold, ap or gear. They are easily skipped. But they are still in the game so that _those who WANT to do them can do them_. Everyone else is free to skip them.

The constant whining about non-issues from the non-neckbeards is quite astonishing.

That coming from a lvl 85 brings tears to my eyes. :') At least post from your main, Mr. Neckbeard.

Not sure how the level of my posting character is relevant, but ok.
13/11/2018 15:43Posted by Lightwhisp

Repeatable yes...dailies no.

Dailies yes, there was ogri'la, netherwing, sha'tari skyguard. And ofc the pvp DAILY quest, and the HC DAILY quest (introduced later in TBC together with ZA, but before Sunwell).
I feel bad for anyone who still plays bfa and thinks it's good content..
14/11/2018 11:46Posted by Insanenity

Good that your personal feelings don’t matter
14/11/2018 12:24Posted by Kappador
14/11/2018 11:46Posted by Insanenity

Good that your personal feelings don’t matter

??????
This should be a game, not an endless loop

Well, if you have an idea how to have non-repeating content, by all means tell us.

Classic - 60 instances till geared and attuned, then raids, farming gold for the fast mount
TBC - 70 instances, dailies and rep farming in IoQ, raids
WotLK - raids and dailies and waiting for that damn egg to hatch
Cata - not sure, skipped this one mostly, tell me if there was something gamebreaking
MoP - dailies, weekly loot pinata, challenge modes, raids, more dailies every patch
WoD - dailies and raids, weekly part of the garrison & lege questline, loot pinata
Legion - WQ, emissaries and raids, profession and classhall questlines once, AP grind
BfA - WQ, no emissaries (heh, yet), raid, loot pinatas everywhere with the warfront, that one daily questline near Shrine of Storms

Looking at that list, nothing has changed except we got some new stuff and variation to your average "5 same dailies every day" since TBC/WotLK era. Bread and butter of MMO. If you don't like the daily chores then MMO is a poor choice of a game for you, plenty of other games out there that accomodate you better (maybe play MOBAs?).

But like I said, suggest something, if anyone can invent something fresh into this PvE gameplay, it will be welcomed in open arms.
12/11/2018 23:54Posted by Senden
This just reminds me of the Activision comments on Destiny:Forsaken and talking up player engagement. BFA is suffering a similar fate, too busy focusing on giving players things to do that they forgot about the having fun part. In Destiny 2 it's not so bad because the core gameplay is super smooth and fun so it takes longer for things to feel like chores. Constant pruning, changes to GCD, Azerite etc etc have stopped the core gameplay of WoW from being as fun as it used to be hence why it feels more like a chore than ever.

Deliberate...I just bought Forsaken, and for the first time in my life I actually like a shooter. Mostly because I don't want to get head shooted and wait 2 minutes until next round. Here I can just go on kill stuff . Maybe things get to a point that they are chores for the PVP part of the game. I think you can play the PVE part with little to no time investment. Am I right ?

I have a 25 level Hunter so I need opinions :))
14/11/2018 13:25Posted by Vaaleera
12/11/2018 23:54Posted by Senden
This just reminds me of the Activision comments on Destiny:Forsaken and talking up player engagement. BFA is suffering a similar fate, too busy focusing on giving players things to do that they forgot about the having fun part. In Destiny 2 it's not so bad because the core gameplay is super smooth and fun so it takes longer for things to feel like chores. Constant pruning, changes to GCD, Azerite etc etc have stopped the core gameplay of WoW from being as fun as it used to be hence why it feels more like a chore than ever.

Deliberate...I just bought Forsaken, and for the first time in my life I actually like a shooter. Mostly because I don't want to get head shooted and wait 2 minutes until next round. Here I can just go on kill stuff . Maybe things get to a point that they are chores for the PVP part of the game. I think you can play the PVE part with little to no time investment. Am I right ?

I have a 25 level Hunter so I need opinions :))

Yeah you can play the pve with little investment but moving up to group content you will need to grind your light level.

Personally i play D for its story/solo content and occasional fix for fps due to its pseudo mmo gameplay, never took it serious to grind my LL .

And they put out seasonal events etc which they are fun.

But all i can say to people D is fun, but as with all games if you play alot it will become chore because you have finished many stuff and only pvp/pve is left.

Best to play in small burst.

P.S join the warlock master race, hunters are wannabe warlocks ... j/k