Why Horde & Alliance can't communicate with each other?

General
15/11/2018 03:27Posted by Patetique

But we, foot soldiers

Excuse you? We aren't foot soldiers since TBC. We've killed undead, void creatures, dragons, demons, old gods, elemental lords and two actual titans. None of those could've been achieved if we were mere foot soldiers.
The actual reason is to preserve the faction conflict. Alliance vs Horde is a central part of the game for Bliz, and being unable to communicate makes it harder to cooperate.

How effective it is in terms of that goal, is debatable.
15/11/2018 09:55Posted by Ysbeer
The actual reason is to preserve the faction conflict. Alliance vs Horde is a central part of the game for Bliz, and being unable to communicate makes it harder to cooperate.

How effective it is in terms of that goal, is debatable.

As of now, Blood Elves, Void Elves, Pandaren, Demon Hunters and Mages can all communicate with the other faction.

In Vanilla, Undead players could speak Common. They rapidly nerfed that because "players were too mean in battlegrounds waah waah blizz do something, I'm so delicate and sensible my feelings got hurt by this mean anonymous troll I don't know and most probably won't ever see again in my life"

Again, Blizzard removed cross-faction communication because they truly believe they have the role of tutoring us as if they were our parents or teachers. Pathetic. Just check the forum rules and you'll see I'm right. Schools in my country are not as strict as these forums in terms of "Code of Conduct".
Yet in the books and movie , cinematic they always talk to each other.

Honestly, I've given up on Blizzard and trying to make sense of their actions when there is none.
15/11/2018 07:34Posted by Scrawny
Because there's hundreds of different languages? An orc learning common, a language that most Alliance races speak, would be like a person from Finland learning English.

An Orc wouldn't need to learn Common. They already can speak it.

I mean Blizzard have stated that in lore, everyone speaks Common, but lets look at how Warcraft would look now, if the current language barriers were in place.

1. The High Elves can't teach the Humans Magic. So there are no Human Mages, or Warlocks, they just don't understand how to use any form of Magic. The Troll Wars are horrible. It's not so bad for the High Elves, they retreat behind Ban'dinoriel, which the Amani cannot penetrate. Its a tough life for them, but they are safe. The same cannot be said for the Humans. No League of Arathor. In fact there would likely be a wider ranging Amani Empire, Humans may simply have been wiped out in their infancy. So possibly No Humans, but lets assume they do survive, they would no longer be the dominant power on the continent.

2. No Human Mages means no Medivh. No Medivh means no Dark portal, which means the Orcs can never come to Azeroth.

3. No Orcs means no Ner'zhul, and no need for Arthas to take his desperate measures, that means no Lich King. Also no Death Knights. Or Forsaken.

4. No Scourge Invasion means Anasterian would still be King of Quel'thalas, and no need for his people to rename themselves Blood Elves.

5.No Orcs means no Thrall to help Cairne and Sen'jin. The Darkspear and Tauren are slowly wiped out by the depradations of Centaur and Quillboar.

6. The Kaldorei never have to ally with the Alliance, there is no need. They remain an isolationist state.

7. No defiling of the Sunwell means no Kil'jaeden, world dodged a bullet that time. This is fortunate, because there are no Draenei either. They never needed to come to Azeroth, them and the Orcs are happily exterminating each other on Draenor.

8. When the Cataclysm happens, there are no neutral organisations, no history of communication and cooperation, just seperate races with no history or need to work together. Deathwing ends the world

Game Over.

Thats your world with an actual Language barrier in Lore.

See how silly that is?
14/11/2018 14:07Posted by Chockø
How come magni speaks to both. The little ice dwarf creep.

He's made of diamonds.
Simple solution - Give us an achievement to work on.
The most logical reason is to stop flaming. Though that doesn't stop people creating a char on your server and /w you when you've killed them in warmode. Some even go to the trouble of sending bnet friend requests to flame you.