Pet Peeve #35: Peeved to Death

Argent Dawn
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
18/10/2018 20:34Posted by Tawaka
Yeah. Which could mean it's an 8.1.5 kind of deal or something, potentially.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/298108723694534657/502504928548225025/unknown.png

This displeases me.

so why is it NOW that every single thread,

It's an edgy meme that sadly caught on it seems. Dunno why. It's kinda weird.
18/10/2018 20:03Posted by Darianuth
But now apparently we have an anti-non-RPer crusade going on which, hilariously keeps these threads basically pinned to the first page for weeks back to back.

Yeah, I feel like the sudden influx of PvE recruitment threads would not feel so overwhelming if people simply stopped spamming them to let them dwindle down the board.

If anything, I am sure we will see a heck of a lot more trolls arriving shortly to farm the salt mine.
Peeve: the game being World of Elfcraft ever since void elves and nightborne became playable. When leveling my nightborne, I often ended up in a party of four elves and one token tauren or something, or even an all-elf party.

And yes, I realize that this is somewhat hypocritical.
18/10/2018 22:53Posted by Lintian
Peeve: the game being World of Elfcraft ever since void elves and nightborne became playable. When leveling my nightborne, I often ended up in a party of four elves and one token tauren or something, or even an all-elf party.

And yes, I realize that this is somewhat hypocritical.

Isn't that what Wow always has been?

I mean once you forget about the annoying human this, kingdom of that and the orc this, clan of that... Elves are a very overused race in fantasy settings (God does ESO has to hammer(fell) their elf races) especially in Wow... Plus they're pretty and an easy way to attract people.
Pet peeve, Gamon he was and he saved us.... and that was it?

There was just a small reaction between Gamon and Nazgrim during SoO, but when you killed Nazgrim and Gamon kneeled down and honored his name it felt like there was/would be more story between them. Was there a backstory where Nazgrim was the first punk who beat up Gamon? Or was he one who warned the youngsters around Cata Era that you shouldnt just pick a fight with the drunk tauren in the tavern.

Maybe I believe too much in my own headcanon nowadays, but I feel like Blizzard just missed a big oppertunity with Gamon.
18/10/2018 23:07Posted by Dawncastle
Pet peeve, Gamon he was and he saved us.... and that was it?

They just did it to reference a meme.
A bronze dragon is screwing with our timeline purely for the sake of bombing a city that's been destroyed with stink bombs...

If Nozdormu knew about this, his head would be on a pike.
18/10/2018 22:53Posted by Lintian
When leveling my nightborne, I often ended up in a party of four elves and one token tauren or something, or even an all-elf party.

To be fair, even before new elves, it was rather too common to find oneself in a full belf team.
19/10/2018 07:36Posted by Beringer
To be fair, even before new elves, it was rather too common to find oneself in a full belf team.

People say that, but I used to run into a lot of 4/5 draenei dungeon groups, then again, alliance only has 2 elf races compared to the horde's 3

Either way, a pet peeve of me from RL are the labs
You enter when it's dark, sit in a hot room for 5 hours then get blinded by the light of the sun once you get out
It's not fun at all
alliance only has 2 elf races compared to the horde's 3

I'll have wat you're smoking.

Horde: Blood Elf, Nightborne Elf.
Alliance: Night Elf, High Elf, Void Elf.
19/10/2018 07:55Posted by Veshj

Pls nu, also I was wrong, only 2 horde elves, not 3

Unless one would class trolls as elves maybe?
19/10/2018 07:55Posted by Veshj
alliance only has 2 elf races compared to the horde's 3

I'll have wat you're smoking.

Horde: Blood Elf, Nightborne Elf.

And I am not sure where you brought high elf from. Are there really so many elves going around right now that even the elves can't differ themselves from each other?
My pet peeve is the wow subreddit.

That place has become an absolute cesspit the last two months. Like, jeez, I agree BfA is far from a perfect expansion and that it does have some serious issues... But does it serve the extreme amount of hate it's getting there? Absolutely not. All I see is an echo chamber occupied by people who hate the game itself and don't even know it.

The "GAMERS RISE UP!!!!" thread which got 10k !@#$ing upvote and was gilded multiple times was the last straw for me. Honestly avoiding that place like the plague from now on.
I have always loved elves in particular since reading through Lord of the Rings for the first time when I was a kid. I was always fascinated by these supernatural beings, their mystical nature and the sheer knowledge and finesse acquired by living for centuries, even millennia. They're just so damn cool to me, which is why I have always favored them, in any game or shape in general.

From an RP perspective, I have always enjoyed the ancient elf archetype rather than the infamous purple human portrayal. Which I suppose may be the subjective downside by the growing influx of elves.
Do the Warfront weekly(ish) quest on my Hunter.
WF reward is warforged bracers at 345, when mine are already 370. Great... What do I get for the tier 3 mail piece, though?

Gloves.
Who do I need the tier 3 plate gloves on?
This Paladin.

**** the RNG in this game, **** whatever sadistic monster made the ONLY way to get those pieces through time gating and RNG grinding, and **** whoever took all the armour vendors out of game. 'Peeved' doesn't even begin to cover it! ARGH!
19/10/2018 11:48Posted by Kaytlinne
**** the RNG in this game, **** whatever sadistic monster made the ONLY way to get those pieces through time gating and RNG grinding, and **** whoever took all the armour vendors out of game. 'Peeved' doesn't even begin to cover it! ARGH!

I've covered my bases by having a 120 plate character on both factions, but even then it's slow progress.
19/10/2018 12:15Posted by Vakosh
19/10/2018 11:48Posted by Kaytlinne

I've covered my bases by having a 120 plate character on both factions, but even then it's slow progress.

Having the same luck with mog runs on old raids, tbh. Need tokens for the Nordrassil set on my Druid?
Get literally everything else drop except the tokens. Only drop from Serpentshrine was the boots...