Future of WoW - Long Suggestion collection

General
19/10/2018 12:49Posted by Sorakleon
Thank you for your feedback Kraivanah :)

I know it can be disheartening for constructive feedback to go unanswered, but rest assured it does not go unnoticed.

I am sorry, but Blizzard lost much (if not all) of its credibility.
19/10/2018 13:56Posted by Tèsla
Im astonished to read a Blue post here. Why this thread?

To give the impression that Blizzard actually is interested into listening.

You get an instant blue post on topics that are irrelevant, while blocking and deleting topics that are relevant.

As much as this topic wants to look like a constructive feedback, it is not.
19/10/2018 14:04Posted by Dappysham
First, I warn people with low intellectual, that this is a feedback topic, and I will try to give suggestion.
Since it will be longer than a caption of a !@#$ picture, and it cannot fit into a short sentence like "GIB MEH FREE LOOT" the narrow minded can leave now

Stopped reading after this comment.

The fact a blue has posted here praising you regardless of your degrading first paragraph is disgusting.

Why people are so easily offended by the op intro and not by the fact that WoW allows characters killing each other or slaughtering boars and bears? Why people are so conservative sometimes :D I don't know.
it's an interesting topic and I liked it.
18/10/2018 23:29Posted by Kraivanah
One major problem with the game, is when a new content is added, EVERY other zone became out of date. WoW have 120+ zones, yet the endgame happens only on a half of dozen.

Totally agree with that. I always found it sad to see that places where we accomplished major changes remain the same after we have completed this zone's quest chain. Like we have stopped the assault of [insert enemy here] and have defeated them, and as soon as you turn your quest in, there's enemies everywhere again.

Now that they have that phasing system they should be able to split people who have cleared the zone from those who haven't and use that at their advantage.

Just imagine your Warchief sending you to a previously cleared area telling you that your contribution has helped them rebuild what was lost, and that we now have a fortress there, but that the opposite faction is already planning an assault... There'd be stuff to do all over Azeroth!
19/10/2018 14:08Posted by Recollector
19/10/2018 13:56Posted by Tèsla
Im astonished to read a Blue post here. Why this thread?

To give the impression that Blizzard actually is interested into listening.

You get an instant blue post on topics that are irrelevant, while blocking and deleting topics that are relevant.

You get an instant blue post on topics that are irrelevant....

OH SORRY didn't notice this thread is about random whining and not ACTUAL FEEDBACK.
THIS thread is what forums are made for.FEEDBACK.if you think feedback is irrelevant then...go somewhere else?

Because it do not whine and say fire x,fire y or don't bash any dev or blizzard?
or because it dont say I LOVE TO HAVE LOOT SO GIVE ME MORE?

As much as I hate OPs first insult and I think he should remove it,I think he was right about one thing...This thread is not for you.

The fact a blue has posted here praising you regardless of your degrading first paragraph is disgusting.

Why people are so easily offended by the op intro and not by the fact that WoW allows characters killing each other or slaughtering boars and bears? Why people are so conservative sometimes :D I don't know.
it's an interesting topic and I liked it.
Because there’s no need for it? The whole first paragraph has literally nothing to do with constructive feedback, it’s just the OP deliberately trying to offending people for no reason.

I know it can be disheartening for constructive feedback to go unanswered, but rest assured it does not go unnoticed.

I made a suggestion a while ago that involved hunters and mechanical pets, seems it was universally like and thought of as good idea, yet no Blizzard attention or encouragement so I let it drop as I doubt Blizzard reads much of EU posts.
First, I warn people with low intellectual, that this is a feedback topic, and I will try to give suggestion.
Since it will be longer than a caption of a !@#$ picture, and it cannot fit into a short sentence like "GIB MEH FREE LOOT" the narrow minded can leave now

No, the disgusting part is your post, OP got very valid points to discuss, you didn't.The fact that you didn't even read it's disgusting.
Politically correct has to end, I prefer the OP sincerity.

19/10/2018 14:15Posted by Dappysham
Because there’s no need for it? The whole first paragraph has literally nothing to do with constructive feedback, it’s just the OP deliberately trying to offending people for no reason.

If you felt offended he's probably right, start accepting that some people got balls to say what they think instead of being politically correct, answer properly instead of playing the justice knight part. The important part (the suggestions) are very constructive, your whining isn't.
Baring the first bit a good post, well reasoned OP.

Unfortunately I do disagree with some points.

Warfronts. By all means ask for a PVP version of them, I think that it would be great fun for those that like PVP. I used to like wintergrasp back in the day so I can see the appeal.

However don't lock out the PVE players. Quite a few players, from what I have seen, rarely PVP (i.e. players without warmode on but PVP tagged). I myself only PVP nowadays if I accidentally get tagged by blundering into a faction camp or a guard hidden on a bridge.

Dungeons. Sorry but forcing people into dungeons would just generate huge rage against it. They tried to get (force) people into dungeons with Legion, where if you wanted to progress your professions you were forced go into one or more (or 7 if you were doing Alchemy). The angst this caused on the professions forum showed that people do not like to be forced into content they do not like or prefer not to do.

I have several alts that, for the first time, did not max out their professions due to having to run dungeons to progress them. I could not face the prospect having run the dungeons with the current GOGOGO! mentality.

Under you suggestion I'd be out in that "dangerous open world".

I like your suggestion for Azerite, I think that that could work as the azerite gear is not going anywhere.

You are acknowledging the least critical post, giving the impression that you care.
19/10/2018 14:52Posted by Жарльвица

You are acknowledging the least critical post, giving the impression that you care.

It's kinda obvious that he's refering to the whole forum. He can't copy paste the same thing in every topic.
Ion already said they read all feedback, the fact that they don't care about it, is another discussion. Don't worry, this thread won't be treated any different from the others.
It's laughable that some are offended by the thread creator's post. If you do, you are with high probability one of those with indeed low intellectual capacity he was referring to.

Overall it was a great post, agree with almost everything.
19/10/2018 14:29Posted by Tokiri

If you felt offended he's probably right, start accepting that some people got balls to say what they think instead of being politically correct, answer properly instead of playing the justice knight part. The important part (the suggestions) are very constructive, your whining isn't.

A lot of people are complaining that the playerbase isn't what they use to be, and part of the reason is, that people in general think they should and have the right to offend people like they feel.

Also constructive critism isn't about insulting people, it's about giving some feedback without too many topics to disrups the main subject, so his desire to insult as the first, does gives some reason to believe that this subject either isn't serious or you will have to split the post up into to many bits to get the points he wants to give.

TL:DR = if you need to insult people around you, you fit your own insults - it's simply ot needed.
Take away titan forging and all that, bring back valour and conquest points and their vendors, stop catering to casual players, by doing that you've taken a lot of the long term progression out of the game, also remove LFR, people shouldn't just be able to jump into an end game raid at the snap of their fingers, if people want to raid they should find a pug or join a guild, LFR killed almost everything that made join a raid special and exciting in my opinion, also bring back 2 and 4 sets for PvE and PvP sets, bring back resilience on PvP gear, I don't care if some mythic geared raider gets slammed by someone out in the world with PvP gear with ease, its PvP gear for a reason. For those that don't know a big part of them removing resilience was down to PvE players complaining that they have top tier raid gear and how hard they worked for it and then get easily beaten by someone with PvP gear out in the world and they didn't like it, which takes me back to my original comment... its PvP gear for a reason, if you don't like getting slammed in your top tier PvP gear then get yourself a PvP set and level the playing field, its not hard to do, that's my opinion anyway
Since it will be longer than a caption of a !@#$ picture, and it cannot fit into a short sentence like "GIB MEH FREE LOOT" the narrow minded can leave now.

Maybe you should define what according to you is "low intellectual". Just so us "dumb" people know if we should give valid feedback to your feedback..
An extreme nightmare hell difficulty, where (currently) even the blood corrupted butterfly could rip the player apart.

yeah, we had that in diablo 3, the original inferno difficulty (anyone remember that?). didn't quite work well.

the items for being able to do that difficulty dropped only in that difficulty. catch 22. so you needed extreme luck. i don't think that more luck based thing is needed in wow now, more the opposite.

that once reach 360+ (or replace the number with current heroic raid tier level) they wont even go to any instances.

you don't even have to reach 360. WQs gear you up too fast. im totally fine in my gear and i haven't done a single dungeon yet.

same problem applies to the reputation and profession items. when you reach exalted or gathered the mats, you don't need that item anymore.

i think the core of many of the problems in the game today lies in the RNG. everything is RNG based, you cannot rely on, hardly in control over anything. foundations start with planning always and that's never RNG based. if you kick out planning, your foundations will not hold and your building will crumble down. solve this problem first i say then we can find out how to modify the current game.

Call it constructive when he starts off by curseing and ranting about players and low intellect ?
My blizzards standards at modding are low and mixed up.
His post has been said before many times and better and without passive aggersive tones yet you chose this SMH disapointed.
19/10/2018 13:42Posted by Alronius
Only sensitive babies get offended by the first few words he used about Intellectual people. He didn't directly offend anyone and if you feel offended then surely you must feel targeted and there's some truth in the text.

Other than that, great post OP

19/10/2018 15:03Posted by Lindissa
It's laughable that some are offended by the thread creator's post. If you do, you are with high probability one of those with indeed low intellectual capacity he was referring to.

For me it has very little to do with being offended (I wasn't), or having a low IQ (I think I don't have a low IQ, but who knows). It has more to do with how people interact; people read and react better and with more rational arguments when the discussion is started openly and not prefaced with a stance of "low iq people can bugger off". I assume OP wanted to give feedback and his thoughts on the game, and he did, and did it quite well. This is about how effective an interaction is, not about political correctness or whether someone should be insulted.

If someone wants to give their opinion filled with insults or (passive) agressive wording, that is their prerogative, but it's likely a lot of people can't be arsed with it and won't listen to you.
19/10/2018 15:52Posted by Lowrion
19/10/2018 13:42Posted by Alronius
Only sensitive babies get offended by the first few words he used about Intellectual people. He didn't directly offend anyone and if you feel offended then surely you must feel targeted and there's some truth in the text.

Other than that, great post OP

19/10/2018 15:03Posted by Lindissa

For me it has very little to do with being offended (I wasn't), or having a low IQ (I think I don't have a low IQ, but who knows). It has more to do with how people interact; people read and react better and with more rational arguments when the discussion is started openly and not prefaced with a stance of "low iq people can bugger off". I assume OP wanted to give feedback and his thoughts on the game, and he did, and did it quite well. This is about how effective an interaction is, not about political correctness or whether someone should be insulted.

If someone wants to give their opinion filled with insults or (passive) agressive wording, that is their prerogative, but it's likely a lot of people can't be arsed with it and won't listen to you.

True, that agression stinks.

Next time he is going to write “people with disabilities are not welcome” or “whoever does not agree with me is mentally deficient”.
I dont agree that the entire world (Kul Tiras + Zandalar) should be extremly hard.
Some areas its ok but i really dont want to fight with every pig for 5 mins using all cooldowns, just to get a herb or a Ore.

If the world would be like that, a sort of mythic + 10 open world, then the very least would be for Flying to be enabled from day 1 on a new expansion.

Cheers

edit: typo