Post your lifestory with WoW here

General
Greetings,

As the title says, post your lifestory with WoW here. What year you began playing. What happend troughout the years whilst playing WoW in your personal life.

Here is my story.

As a kid from 10 years old onwards I was a pretty big fan of pokemon on the gameboy. I played Pokemon Yellow and Gold and loved every second of it. I loved leveling games ever since then. Golden Sun was my next big thing. Played it for so many hours. Still, in my mind, I had alot of ideas of how it could be even cooler. More gear, bigger lands, harder adventures, with different players in the same world, etc.

Summer of 2007.
I was 21 and I was having anxiety/panic attacks after a horrible year of working on an airport with basically no life. I worked long shifts day and night and didnt see any of my friends. Too tired all the time to even play games. Lost about 10 kgs in weight. In the end I quit there and just lived on the money I had saved which was alot cause I didnt had the chance to really spend it during that year + I was still living at home. Thank god for that cause I wasnt in the shape to work again.
I started hanging out with a friend once again. He was playing this game: World of Warcraft...
I watched a little over his shoulder and became interested ofcourse.
And so I bought World of Warcraft a few days later and was locked inside my room for 3 days only coming out to grab food.
I was instantly hooked to the game. I had a Tauren warrior and was playing on a crappy pentium 2 pc with WoW on the lowest graphics. Still had the big box screen monitor absorbing most space on my desk.

This was my life for the first year of my WoW carreer. It was the Burning Crusade and I was a total noob. Never saw any endgame. I rerolled a Tauren Druid after leaving my Tauren warrior behind at lvl 12 because another friend joined in playing wow and he already had a tauren warrior. I have very fond memories of the 3 of us exploring the world and entering the dungeon Sunken Temple with 1 of us already at lvl 70 and trying to complete it. The dungeon was still huge back then and I remember us trying to make the jump trough the hole to the hydra boss back then.
Eventually I hit lvl 70 and was moonkin spec. Me and 1 friend tried arena's and I got a few pieces of gladiator gear. You could save up honor and buy them. Good times. This was at the very end of BC. And so came...

2008: Wrath of the Lich King.
WoW was amazingly populair. And suddenly more old friends joined in and we made a groupchat on skype and even more friends of them joined in with whom I became friends aswell.
These 2 years of WOTLK were my most addicted years of playing WoW.
My dad bought a laptop which was far better than my pentium 2 pc and so I started using the laptop to game every day. I dont think that was his intention when he bought it, kinda feel guilty now.
During these 2 years I was still surviving on my saved up money and spending as little as I could. The only thing that was important was paying my WoW sub.
I was still having panic attacks and having anxiety with doing anything in the real world so WoW was my escape from it all. And my friends that would play WoW were my social escape.
During this time my mom got in a divorce with my dad and got breast cancer aswell so the real world was not to great for me.
And so the 2 years were spend in my room just like the year before. I was into pvp and Wintergrasp. Spamming dungeons with my friends for emblems which you could buy gear with back in the day.

2010-2011 Cataclysm and going back into the real world.
The end of WOTLK came in late 2010 and Cataclysm began. I played the start of it but the dungeons were really hard and so I just rolled the new race-class combo troll druid. Explored the changed world of Azeroth.
The money I was living on was starting to dissappear. I had almost nothing left and my health insurance was building up debt.
It forced me whilst still having terrible anxiety to go back to work.
It was good for me it turned out this way cause I was getting nowhere living the way I had been living for those 3 years.
And so came an end to my most addicted WoW years. I started working again fulltime at a meat factory driving around frozen meat and loading trucks. I got paid really bad but I was so happy to be functioning again.
My mom got better from her breast cancer and the divorce drama settled down.
LFR got introduced at the end of Cataclysm and so I killed deathwing on LFR and was kinda done with the expansion.
I started going out more with the real life friends I now had thanks to WoW and got myself a girlfriend. With the money I earned I even got myself my first real gaming pc.

2011-2013 party years
Not alot can be said about these years. I was living. Got a different job which paid more. I partied alot with my girlfriend and friends. Drinking a bit too much tho. Alot of friends quit playing WoW. I played WoW casually, just mainly doing some arena and bg with 1 of my friends who still played.
I didnt like the panda theme but the PVP was the most balanced it has ever been and I enjoyed that.
Around 2013 me and my girl broke up cause I discovered she cheated on me with several guys. Ofcourse I was devastated. My anxiety triggered again. On top of that I lost the friends i started WoW with in 2007. They got different lives and became a father and moved on and I pretty much never heard from them again.

2014 Warlords of Draenor
The panda theme nightmare was over and Warlords of Draenor began. By this time my panic attacks were back and I worked parttime now due to that.
I was still living with my dad so I didnt had money problems thanks to that.
I played WoD from beginning to end. I liked the theme but sadly as we all know, the expansion wasnt really good. I remember just farming mythics with 1 of my friends who I convinced to play again.
Around 2015 I got a girlfriend again. This time was different. She wasnt all into partying and drinking and just enjoyed family and doing fun things. I was happy again.
I instantly realized my previous relationship had just been stupid for the most part. But you learn along the way.

Present day
I am going to flash forward to the present day.
Right now I am engaged with the girl I met in 2015. We bought a house together.
I am working fulltime and I am teamleader with 5 people I am in charge with.
I play WoW casually, still playing with that 1 friend I can convince to play again.
We do Mythics and try to raid. But we both play maybe once a week together.
I am 32 years old now. Started at 21. When I think back it feels like an entire life. Trough the good and the bad, WoW was always there. I remember the nights where things were really bad but WoW was there. I remember the great times with all my friends on skype laughing and playing WoW and going out for a drink later that night.
I can safely say that WoW has had a major impact on my life. Maybe it could have been different and maybe it could have been better without WoW, who knows.
But I am thankfull for the memories I made along the way.

If you just read the whole thing, thank you for reading and I am looking forward to your story.

Best wishes!
Here is my story - WoW ruined my life! The End.

I started in Private/Pirate server in 2008, in Blizz - 2013.
The game was so amazing to me back then in 2008 so I quit school and never left my home to meet other ppl in Real Life. Now I dont have education nor friends.
was once a wow hater, played ffxi. few years later i got an imac, could only play WoW. here i am ^^/ played since WoD lol
29/10/2018 11:08Posted by Kaløyan
Here is my story - WoW ruined my life! The End.

I started in Private/Pirate server in 2008, in Blizz - 2013.
The game was so amazing to me back then in 2008 so I quit school and never left my home to meet other ppl in Real Life. Now I dont have education nor friends.

You serious? If you are, you cant ruin your life in 5 years buddy. You have plenty of time to make friends again and get a education and good job.
i killed some dangerous plants,got on a boat that went to a huge tree, fished a lot, saved the world a few times, didn't get paid, watched that tree get burned and retired to the forums..:)
I’m glad everything has worked out in the end for you!

My parents have always been gamers, at age 11 I remember seeing my mum playing WoW and got interested. At that age I was basically rubbish at the game but made a lot of friends on it. Irl I was bullied for 10 years and basically alone, on WoW I was popular so I largely left irl to rot. We all just hung in Goldshire (before it went creepy) and were of similar age so lots of fond memories there.

TBC
I got a bit better at the game and levelled to 70 with one of the aforementioned friends. I was an NE druid and she an NE Hunter. I remember we had our own combo VOLLICANE! For dat aoe damage. I did some dungeons here and there but we mostly just messed about as usual. I got an online boyfriend at this age too, who catfished me but well what do you expect? It traumatised me a lot with the lies he did but won’t go into that too much.

WotLK
I had yet another online boyfriend, one of my friends stopped playing and the rest joined his guild which was full of... morons. Buuut it was good for the dungeon runs and again just messing about. I was decent at the game. Later broke up with that boyfriend because he obvs. had no intention of meeting and found yet anooother one! However this one was in a diff guild as the GM and we met first.

Cata
The friends I had played with slowly dwindled as they turned to irl. This was college time (16-18) so I got out a bit more and due to moving to a college rather than stay at my school’s 6th form I stopped being bullied and made a few friends. I was and still remain very indoorsy though so it was more a taster. I still loved my WoW and especially Hyjal! Sadly developed worse depression and anxiety, panic attacks from childhood trauma. WoW was definitely my escape.

Pandaria
I think all but 1 friends were gone and I eventually joined a warlock RP guild. I didn’t really like my druid anymore despite all we had been through, balance felt meh. Warlock I had always struggled with but finally I got it and did LFR etc but mostly RP. I tried the legendary questline but got bored... I am casual, ok. Also learnt I have an infertility condition which answered a lot of health questions but was obviously sad. I’m not too bothered now.

WoD
I was at Uni and suffering with anxiety so much I took medication, helped a little. In year 2 it was great I had friends and did regular people stuff, but my bf was always trying to control me.
Broke up with bf as realised he was mentally and a bit physically abusive. Thank cake. Got with a guildie (met him too don’t worry) happy as a clam, some of my best memories are RPing with that guild but all good things must come to an end. So much drama left to us both leaving and a lot of friendships ruined. I took a big break at the end of WoD and played GW2 instead just waiting for the next expansion.

Legion
All original friends gone. It was pretty lonely apart from my bf... I tried to make friends but it didn’t feel right. Ended up just playing solo. Bf got anxiety himself and just became... a shell. I lost him to it and that heartbreak led me to being so unbelievably ill. I still managed to do a masters degree, how I haven’t a clue. I made an entirely new bnet account because everything was tainted with painful memories (which I later deleted cos I am crazy like that) I got diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and Coeliac disease. Treating the latter basically rid me of my depression and anxiety so overall good things to know!
I got more social at uni and took better care of myself and decided to take a year out to sort my health before determining any career.

Earlier this year helped make a Void Elf RP guild and I was happy to begin with but woooow the drama and toxicity. Did not last long but I met my current bf there and I can see what utter tripe I put up with in previous relationships, it’s embarrassing! So spent most of the time playing with him.

BfA
Now I have a small part time job at a Newsagents but have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I doubt I will ever have a fancy career from my Uni qualifications but in the end I realised I never wanted one. I just hope to be healthy enough to do more hours. I live with my parents who are amazing and take care of me. Bf is still an LDR but I go once a month and I am, despite being very ill, happy. I play BfA mostly solo though I joined a guild on an alt. It’s just a social guild and fills my human interaction quota. Sometimes I feel like rping but never have.
All those friends went on to get careers and married and children, or their own traumas. I don’t really talk to them now. WoW has basically been the majority of my life (24 now) and it’s integral to it, not sure I could ever quit.

Thanks for reading the life/WoW story ^^

Tldr: Many friends, such casual, very health problems, so solo, much boyfriends. Bittersweet ending.
My interest in WoW started with the South Park episode.

I started playing in 2009 with a trial account, then on a private WotLK 3.0.9 server. Switched to live servers in June 2010.
Played at some point during Vanilla, been here every since always playing casually, taking breaks now and then along the way. The one thing that stopped me playing wow sooner as in closer to its release was its cartoony graphics. A pretty boring story for me wow was never used to help me with anything or escape from anything so im lucky I suppose.

Oh over the years in wow I have met other players went to Greece twice to meet guildies ( the original guild I was in ) another guild was having a meet up in England so travelled to that which was fun, besides that ive had a pretty casual existance in wow :-)

Edit :- Just adding that its nice to read those of you who have come through various issue's with the help of wow, well done :-)
Got lured into playing in 2005, by some friends.
Fast forward 13 years and they stopped long time ago and I'm still hanging in there ;D

By now it has become a way of destressign from RL
29/10/2018 11:39Posted by Nimrhys
I’m glad everything has worked out in the end for you!

My parents have always been gamers, at age 11 I remember seeing my mum playing WoW and got interested. At that age I was basically rubbish at the game but made a lot of friends on it. Irl I was bullied for 10 years and basically alone, on WoW I was popular so I largely left irl to rot. We all just hung in Goldshire (before it went creepy) and were of similar age so lots of fond memories there.

TBC
I got a bit better at the game and levelled to 70 with one of the aforementioned friends. I was an NE druid and she an NE Hunter. I remember we had our own combo VOLLICANE! For dat aoe damage. I did some dungeons here and there but we mostly just messed about as usual. I got an online boyfriend at this age too, who catfished me but well what do you expect? It traumatised me a lot with the lies he did but won’t go into that too much.

WotLK
I had yet another online boyfriend, one of my friends stopped playing and the rest joined his guild which was full of... morons. Buuut it was good for the dungeon runs and again just messing about. I was decent at the game. Later broke up with that boyfriend because he obvs. had no intention of meeting and found yet anooother one! However this one was in a diff guild as the GM and we met first.

Cata
The friends I had played with slowly dwindled as they turned to irl. This was college time (16-18) so I got out a bit more and due to moving to a college rather than stay at my school’s 6th form I stopped being bullied and made a few friends. I was and still remain very indoorsy though so it was more a taster. I still loved my WoW and especially Hyjal! Sadly developed worse depression and anxiety, panic attacks from childhood trauma. WoW was definitely my escape.

Pandaria
I think all but 1 friends were gone and I eventually joined a warlock RP guild. I didn’t really like my druid anymore despite all we had been through, balance felt meh. Warlock I had always struggled with but finally I got it and did LFR etc but mostly RP. I tried the legendary questline but got bored... I am casual, ok. Also learnt I have an infertility condition which answered a lot of health questions but was obviously sad. I’m not too bothered now.

WoD
I was at Uni and suffering with anxiety so much I took medication, helped a little. In year 2 it was great I had friends and did regular people stuff, but my bf was always trying to control me.
Broke up with bf as realised he was mentally and a bit physically abusive. Thank cake. Got with a guildie (met him too don’t worry) happy as a clam, some of my best memories are RPing with that guild but all good things must come to an end. So much drama left to us both leaving and a lot of friendships ruined. I took a big break at the end of WoD and played GW2 instead just waiting for the next expansion.

Legion
All original friends gone. It was pretty lonely apart from my bf... I tried to make friends but it didn’t feel right. Ended up just playing solo. Bf got anxiety himself and just became... a shell. I lost him to it and that heartbreak led me to being so unbelievably ill. I still managed to do a masters degree, how I haven’t a clue. I made an entirely new bnet account because everything was tainted with painful memories (which I later deleted cos I am crazy like that) I got diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and Coeliac disease. Treating the latter basically rid me of my depression and anxiety so overall good things to know!
I got more social at uni and took better care of myself and decided to take a year out to sort my health before determining any career.

Earlier this year helped make a Void Elf RP guild and I was happy to begin with but woooow the drama and toxicity. Did not last long but I met my current bf there and I can see what utter tripe I put up with in previous relationships, it’s embarrassing! So spent most of the time playing with him.

BfA
Now I have a small part time job at a Newsagents but have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I doubt I will ever have a fancy career from my Uni qualifications but in the end I realised I never wanted one. I just hope to be healthy enough to do more hours. I live with my parents who are amazing and take care of me. Bf is still an LDR but I go once a month and I am, despite being very ill, happy. I play BfA mostly solo though I joined a guild on an alt. It’s just a social guild and fills my human interaction quota. Sometimes I feel like rping but never have.
All those friends went on to get careers and married and children, or their own traumas. I don’t really talk to them now. WoW has basically been the majority of my life (24 now) and it’s integral to it, not sure I could ever quit.

Thanks for reading the life/WoW story ^^

Tldr: Many friends, such casual, very health problems, so solo, much boyfriends. Bittersweet ending.

Great read, thanks for your story!
As a boost of confidence, you are still so so young, dont let medical terms bring you down. We all have a role to play in life, yours is still in the making. Just do what makes you happy. When I was 24 I lived in my room, basically no real diploma's. Crippling anxiety. Now I am a different person. Give it time and you do you :) Life finds a way ~jurassic park
Peperidge farm remembers how it was on vanilla :) the taste, the feeling of being absolutely clueless on what to do :)

In the past, and even nowadays, its neverending battle between two worlds, the world of warcraft and dota. Sometime i cheat on my ladies, but who would not with games like skyrim, fallout, witcher, borderlands. They are not mad, they know it wont last and they know i ll always get back to them.
I started playing in TBC. Some friends told me about the game and Even though I didnt want to play it at first, since for me Warcraft was an RTS game which I loved since Warcraft 2 ( I was too young to play Warcraft 1 when it came out).

But with TBC, I decided to give it a try. I tried some MMORPGs before, DAoC was my last before, and I didnt like the grinding aspect of the game, but WoW promised a casual experience, and so I decided to try. Plus it was on sale by some event anyway.

My first character was a Warrior, because it was close to what I played before, but I just played this one to level 12, then i saw the first hunter. And he had ths cool crocodile with him. So a Tauren hunter it was. I didnt get my first pet to Level 20 though, because I missed the quest and had to ask a level 70 hunter where to get it. He showed me the questgiver and I went out to tame my first animal, a crocodile.

My next great love was engineering, it had so much cool stuff, and I could make my own bullets, whoch meant I had to waste less money. Overall I played TBC and WotLK very casual, I didnt see the Blakc tempel or any Raids until I was Level 80, and I only git far enough into ICC to get the best reciepts for Bullets and Arrows, which I used to make money on the AH.

Then my quest was to build a flying machine and a chopper. At one time while farming, I came across what would become my Pet for the rest of the expansion, Loque'nahak. Of course he was camped and died very fast, but I could tag him to see he was tameable.

It took me over a month of never leaving Sholazar Basin to finaly get him as my pet, since I was on a very populated Server.

So in the end, I had a super rare and cool pet, my engineering mounts and still lots to do in the open world.

Cataclysm came around and I quit. I dont know why exactly, but cata just didnt do it for me. Mabe because the Death of Arthas kinda finished the Storyline of Warcraft for me.

A few years later Legion came around and drew me back in, but since my old Server became nearly empty and I sold all my Items except for my most precious toys/mounts anyway when I left to give the gold to a buddy, I decided to reroll on a new Server.

Since Hunter/engineer was a given, Goblin was my only option anyway, because when you want to be an Engineer, what else could you be.

Well, I kept playing it casual as always, but I noticed alot changed, some for the better, some not. I liked Worldquests at first, I kinda hate them by now because of how forced they are, but I like the big world that I can explore.
Vanilla

Started playing from day 1 (well, 2 because the server to create an account was overflooded) because I loved Warcraft III. I played with some online people I had arranged to play with before the game came out and we RPed a bit, but when I reached lvl 60 I wanted to raid and left their guild, although we kept contact. I got into a guild that managed to finish MC, BWL, AQ20, ZG and most of AQ40. We never beat a single boss from Naxxramas though which was a shame.

TBC

I kept on raiding with the same guild through SCC and Karazhan, but before TK and BT the guild fell apart just as I was trying to get into my first relationship, which made me quit raiding for a while (not WoW, since he played it too). But after a short and failed attempt I returned to raiding full time through the rest of the expansion in the guild my brother was playing in, only missing the defeat of Kil´jaeden because they left me out that day.

WotLK

Just when we reached Yogg-Saron in Ulduar I met the person that would be my present husband. I stopped raiding altogether to spend as much time as I could with him, but kept playing WoW to experience all the story and even got him to play it too.

Cataclysm - BfA

Not much more to say. I kept playing WoW to experience all the lore (and being super grateful for LFR, which allowed me to experience raids), but since that was all that mattered to me I stopped playing for several months during expansion endings. And to tell the truth I wouldn´t even be playing this expansion if it hadn´t been a birthday present, because I find its lore to be a giant mess.
Loving all the stories and reading everyone of them!
Saw youtube ad, started WoW.

There.
My russian best friend brought his super gamer laptop and during the summer holidays we played a bit.

then i got addicted, cried to my parents to buy me a pc and gamed on a intel celeron potato bucket with 5 fps on onyxia
i came, i saw, i played and then i quit.

2005-Vanilla
i came from the everquest franchise when wow started gaining popularity in early 2005 i bought it to see what the hype was about. i still think till this day everquest was a better mmoRPG than wow ever was.

TBC
I was heavily addicted to the game i made this hunter <---- and it became my main this was the period where i joined my first and longest standing guild.

Wotlk
I was still heavily addicted to the game, i found the new way the took questing and dungeons extremely fun and revitalised my love for the game my guild (same one from tbc was still going strong)

CATA
i changed my class from hunter to deathknight and raided all the cities for the black bear mount , my guild died in early CATA because of a dispute over who was entitled to who in each raid group. i was left guildless. my account was hacked i redeemed it, then it was hacked a second time i was not allowed to redeem a second time i was told so i took my first long break from wow. (early cata).

MOP
i did not rejoin or play any of this expansion.( i was never to join a guild which lasted longer than 1 month ever again)

WOD
i came back to the game and started fresh with nothing, i really enjoyed starting empty handed in WOD, so much so i started the expansion with no characters and ended it with all of them max level. i took a long 1 year break through the middle of WoD.

legion
i played just after launch i was going through some real life troubles at the time and moved house multiple times in a short space of time through legion even doing some months as homeless during this period. but when i could i would log in and play. i played maybe 4 months of legion 2 at the start 2 at the end .. legion was when my love for wow started to die.. i just did not like the direction the game was going.

BFA
i do not like this expansion one bit and will not be playing it until the next expansion is announced.
Ditched my raidgroup in wotlk and went for a date instead. Ended up without raid group for a while but in a 7 year long relation ship, which was amazing.

Simply put, wow suck, dont play it, get a life.
Vanilla (2005):
Played with a small group of RL friends. We didn't know much. We didn't really do tanks or healers so when we tried dungeons it was tricky. Didn't know about the AH. Didn't explore the whole world, spent most of my time in the Barrens but did see Ashenvale and Thousand Needles.
I leveled an Orc warrior to 30 and a Troll Shaman to ~20. Earned around 30g.
All this took around six months. My RL friends got bored so we found other games and we moved on.

TBC(2007):
We decided to come back and see what had changed. A few other RL came this time and we found a few randoms to join our guild.
I leveled a Shammy as Resto and a Pally as Prot. I got them geared enough to do HCs which were tough then.
Our little friends and family guild started some raiding with Kara.

Wrath:
I mained Pally as ret was so much fun but also did some tanking in HC. Did level my Shammy and did some healing but enjoyed my pally much more. I leveled a DK to ~70.
We raided some Naxx10 but never finished it.

Cata:
Our guild went quiet. I leveled my pally and Shammy. Ran some dungeons with guildies but as they were inactive and randoms grew more and more toxic I took my first long break since vanilla.

MOP:
No longer liked how pally played to mained shammy. Ele was a lot of fun at this time. Guild picked up and we did all the dungeons. Then we started on MSV 10n. We recruited more randoms. We ran some SoO flex.
New randoms in guild broke away taking most of the guild to a new server. Leaving a few RL friends and a couple of online friends behind.
So with guild quiet I leveled a rogue, hunter (used wod boost) and dk.

WOD:
Questing was fun. Guild was still dead. Ran some random HC as ring quest required it. didn't enjoy dungeons though, Everbloom wall jumping still gives me nightmares.
Bliz announced Flying was going away forever. I canceled my sub that day.
Bliz brough back flying, as soon as it was available I came back. Leveled my pally, dk, rogue, hunter using the rapid mind potions and bonus objectives.

Legion:
Leveled a mage to 100 using pre patch invasions. Also leveled my orc warrior from 30 to 60.
Kept my shammy main for questing. With the help of Fail Train I was able to get my class campaign dungeon quests done.
I leveled all my alts in invasions with heirlooms. Used my DK in dauntless gear to solo most of the dungeons. Was able to do most of the class campaigns for the mounts. Still need ot do DH (couldn't solo cordana), monk and warrior. When I get some BfA gear I go solo them.
Spent a lot of time soloing old dungeons and raids for glory achieves until I hit MOP raids when bliz scaled them making them harder and some achieves aren't soloable anyhow.