bravo blizz you actually destroyed this

Classic Discussion
Let s all come on forums and start flaming topics with all characters for things that we are not even sure yet ...
Looks they did not understand that vanilla means vanilla.. at least seen from the demo.
03/11/2018 11:02Posted by Naranious
Looks they did not understand that vanilla means vanilla.. at least seen from the demo.
All i see from the demo that they still have a lot of work to do. Which is exactly what they stressed at when they presented said demo.

Looks like some people are jumping to conclusions too fast.
03/11/2018 11:08Posted by Shogath
03/11/2018 11:02Posted by Naranious
All i see from the demo that they still have a lot of work to do. Which is exactly what they stressed at when they presented said demo.

then dont call it a god damn demo since demo should represent nearly finished product.
03/11/2018 08:51Posted by Дартанта
Demo is supposed to be a direct represantation of a finished game

As i said in a different thread, you need to go back to school, and re-educate yourself.

03/11/2018 11:09Posted by Soaris
then dont call it a god damn demo since demo should represent nearly finished product.

A demo is not a representation of the finished product, never has been, and it never will be, in any way.

A demo is a demonstration, a showcase of how far the project has progressed. A playable demo or demonstration is a showcase you can play, which will show you the progress made so far.

All you guys are doing is spreading lies and false/misleading information without even knowing what you're talking about.

03/11/2018 09:07Posted by Lightdagger
Its funny how some private server with random devs can copy-paste it but Blizzard "CANT"

Yeah right

You guys talk high and mighty about how easy it should be for Blizzard when private server owners can do it so easily. The only thing you're getting across is the fact that you know nothing about game development.
03/11/2018 11:09Posted by Soaris
03/11/2018 11:08Posted by Shogath
...All i see from the demo that they still have a lot of work to do. Which is exactly what they stressed at when they presented said demo.

It's a demo... it demonstrates how far they are and the accompanying comment explained they have a lot of work to do still.

It's not their fault that a big group of undereducated bums don't understand the meaning of the word 'demonstration'.
Was hyped real good for classic, all faded away real fast.

Bad demo, they weren't ready.
Better to show nothing at this point because this demo doesnt even feel like Vanilla.

And they announced sharding into vanilla launch?
this must be a joke
03/11/2018 11:58Posted by Fruitcakelol
Better to show nothing at this point because this demo doesnt even feel like Vanilla.

I agree on that.

this must be a joke

No they didn't.
Well you still have your perfectly working pirate servers full of chinese players and corrupt administration.
Why even bother with classic, no one of you will pay for retail sub anyway.
03/11/2018 12:01Posted by Yathrin

I agree on that.

this must be a joke

No they didn't.

yes they !@#$ing did you god damn troll lier
03/11/2018 12:05Posted by Якякяк
Well you still have your perfectly working pirate servers full of chinese players and corrupt administration.
Why even bother with classic, no one of you will pay for retail sub anyway.

I would gladly pay for a "legal" vanilla experience,

But if this is all they've done so far in +1year,
im telling u this aint looking too promising
03/11/2018 12:08Posted by Soaris
yes they !@#$ing did you god damn troll lier

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769548630#post-15

You won’t see phasing (which is tied to specific quests that don't exist in Classic) or cross-realm zones (which combine multiple realms together) in Classic. However, realm sharding is one of the best tools we have to keep realms stable when hundreds of players are swarming the same initial few zones and killing the same few mobs (like they will be at the launch of Classic). To that end, we do believe that some form of sharding may be helpful, especially in those early days. But we recognize that a cohesive world is critical to WoW Classic and are committed to bringing that to you.

It is not set in stone, they think about the possibility to use it in the starting zones (from my understanding this means the very first zones where you level from 1 to 6) and if the players keep speaking out against it, they will probably not implement it.
There is no need to be rude.
03/11/2018 07:32Posted by Bitterborn
You can go back to a pirate server anytime, the game was made to appeal to the retail players because they will pay for it. Ofcourse they dont care what private server plebs want because they will bring nothing but toxicity.

you know its thanks to us we have classic wow, how stupid are you
03/11/2018 12:45Posted by Pieperkee
you know its thanks to us we have classic wow

Nah, it's not.

No, it really isn't. Stop flattering yourselves, living under the impression that Pserver players are responsible for us, getting Classic now. There have been a ton of forum posts made by people who quit during TBC/Wrath and never even played on Pservers to begin with, who wanted Blizzard to make 'legacy' realms aka vanilla realms.

Blizzard had pondered the possibility of making Classic for quite a while, even long before these petitions started. It's just that they didn't have the technology to do so back then when they started circulating the thought about it. Brack said in an interview that it was something the guys had talked about a lot.
03/11/2018 12:50Posted by Geronîmoo

Nah, it's not.

No, it really isn't. Stop flattering yourselves, living under the impression that Pserver players are responsible for us, getting Classic now. There have been a ton of forum posts made by people who quit during TBC/Wrath and never even played on Pservers to begin with, who wanted Blizzard to make 'legacy' realms aka vanilla realms.

Blizzard had pondered the possibility of making Classic for quite a while, even long before these petitions started. It's just that they didn't have the technology to do so back then when they started circulating the thought about it. Brack said in an interview that it was something the guys had talked about a lot.
That is the second time i had to upvote you, dammit!

Stop making sense!
03/11/2018 06:40Posted by Soaris
so blizzard have actually managed to destroy a game that isn't released yet.

"we know vanilla means vanilla" yea right.

they clearly try to cater to retail players again which already anyway are subbed instead of earning back those lost subs which lots of them are waiting for classic.

new animation, walking on foot is very fast, health and mana regen is insane, sharding why the !@#$ do you need sharding? we played the game in vanilla and we lived, nobody died so what the %^-*?, no keyring (and yes a streamer got a key and there was no keyring), summoning stones are summoning people.

the only reason i'm staying is that i still have an inch of hope they didnt remove those things yet and they have about 9 months to get it right.

blizzard : "we know vanilla means vanilla"
players : "you think you do, but you dont"

Walking on foot is actually the same as it is on a 1.12 client. It gave me the same impression as well at start. I tested it and it is exactly the same speed.
03/11/2018 12:50Posted by Geronîmoo

Nah, it's not.

You can't be serious... for years and years all the official forum posts ever got from Blizzard and their zealots on the forums was the famous "Wall of NO".
Dismissing the influence of the classic community - that played on private servers because all they ever got was the "Wall of NO" - and claiming that Classic would've happened regardless of the petition that followed the big shutdown of >that server< in 2016 is simply delusional.

Let me ask you this:
How many people that just gave feedback on the official forums, and never had anything to do with private servers whatsoever got invited to Blizzard HQ to talk about vanilla with the Blizzard team compared to… let’s say… some folks that worked on a certain private server?
03/11/2018 12:54Posted by Shogath

Stop making sense!

Seeing as you are ok with sharding, then this I guess makes a lot of sense to you aswell. Sicko.

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualComfortableStrawberryKappa
03/11/2018 07:32Posted by Bitterborn
You can go back to a pirate server anytime, the game was made to appeal to the retail players because they will pay for it. Ofcourse they dont care what private server plebs want because they will bring nothing but toxicity.

you know its thanks to us we have classic wow, how stupid are you

lmfao xD
03/11/2018 13:05Posted by Kagemoth
03/11/2018 12:54Posted by Shogath

Stop making sense!

Seeing as you are ok with sharding, then this I guess makes a lot of sense to you aswell. Sicko.

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualComfortableStrawberryKappa
Seen it ... not impressed, nor worried. I'm more feeling rellief that i won't be bogged down in the starter area for a week :)

Hang in there darling :)