Revised Release Schedule for Classic WoW

Classic Discussion
05/11/2018 12:20Posted by Dévý
Dire Maul loot is too powerful. Dire Maul also provides gold inflation with multiple gold farming techniques in the new dungeons. Dire Maul provides very powerful tribute world buffs.

Your timetable looks good and I'd be perfectly fine with it if it were implemented like that. However, I disagree with some who argue that Dire Maul at launch will greatly alter the Vanilla experience, because of a couple of reasons:

1. In Vanilla, DM was added only a couple of months into the game. From what I understand, DM was even available at launch in the EU. Which means the vast majority of level 60's never played without DM available.

2. I think I read on the US forums that the world first Ragnaros kill was more than a month after DM was released. That means that literally every single player was able to venture into DM for over a month before MC was cleared.

3. If your main concern is the gold farming aspect, then advocate for tribute runs to be made more difficult for single players. A change in scheduling its release will not change anything about people farming DM. That said, there are other ways to efficiently farm gold and while DM tribute runs can undoubtedly be the most efficient, I do not think it will catastrophically ruin the economy as some claim it will.
This is exactly the timeline we need, great post & well thought out.
Re-posting from US forum, all credit to Alex
6) Naxxramas/Scourge Invasion

Not much needs to be said here.

Well current naxx10/25 is the same naxx we had in vanilla only raid size was reduced (spells were not) besides drop loot (old naxx40 loottable + atiesh/ashbringer are not there).

With 8/16 debuffs' slots I'd agree - too many debuff slots in early content would make it trivial / easier cause we know atm that you can easly ping pong bosses thus you can kite them and that gives opportunity to bring more DOT classes which again makes boss easier.
I think the timeline is very good. I hope Blizzard goes for this.
I also want to add that Dire Maul was added in patch 1.3 and Europe got 1.2.1 at launch, so Dire Maul was not in vanilla on release neither in EU nor US.
05/11/2018 18:09Posted by Uaral
I also want to add that Dire Maul was added in patch 1.3 and Europe got 1.2.1 at launch, so Dire Maul was not in vanilla on release neither in EU nor US.

yeah, but EU only had 24 days to get to lvl60 before DM was released?

How many lvl 60 characters was then? I'm sure in whole Europe less than 100. If that.
05/11/2018 14:05Posted by Geronîmoo
Went to YT to watch the video.

Saw Alexensual's ugly mug and name.

Closed the web browser.

Keep that BS away from this forum. That guy has been spreading nothing but toxicity and telling, no, DEMANDING that his sheep to go moan and !@#$% to the developers and spam their forums about changes he personally doesn't like or things that he personally want, along with publicly promoting private servers.

The guy is a living, breathing MEME.

You can call me a Blizzdrone all you want, i'm just gonna call you Alexensualdrones.

putting alexsensual away for the moment.

if you had only 2 option, this what OP suggests, or blizzard suggestion, wich one would you prefer and think would be closer to vanilla ?

not an alexdrone, just a question.

in my opinion, if they are determined to keep 1.12 without retuning boss healths(data) nor talents, i think having progressive itemization and progressive debuff slots is important part in keeping earlier content more relevant.
As everyone has their own personal time table, let me put it mine:

1. All dungeons(5 or 10 man, just make it work that it NEEDS that many knowing what they are doing), Gurubashi, STV fishing, ONY, World bosses, PvP rewards green only items(yes, make new ones if needed)

ONY as only raid to benchmark debuffs and plan tweaking next raids.
Without and T1 or T2 drops.

2. MC(only T1 drops), AV battleground(60 only), PvP rewards "blue"

3. BWL, all PvP rewards, Darkmoon fair,

4. ZG, Silithus content, Tier 0.5, Green dragons,

5. AQ 20/40

6. Naxx
05/11/2018 18:57Posted by Rizzenn
05/11/2018 18:09Posted by Uaral

yeah, but EU only had 24 days to get to lvl60 before DM was released?

How many lvl 60 characters was then? I'm sure in whole Europe less than 100. If that.

But still.
I like this much better than the blizzard time line please make this happen.
05/11/2018 19:03Posted by Cai
05/11/2018 14:05Posted by Geronîmoo
Went to YT to watch the video.

Saw Alexensual's ugly mug and name.

Closed the web browser.

Keep that BS away from this forum. That guy has been spreading nothing but toxicity and telling, no, DEMANDING that his sheep to go moan and !@#$% to the developers and spam their forums about changes he personally doesn't like or things that he personally want, along with publicly promoting private servers.

The guy is a living, breathing MEME.

You can call me a Blizzdrone all you want, i'm just gonna call you Alexensualdrones.

putting alexsensual away for the moment.

if you had only 2 option, this what OP suggests, or blizzard suggestion, wich one would you prefer and think would be closer to vanilla ?

not an alexdrone, just a question.

in my opinion, if they are determined to keep 1.12 without retuning boss healths(data) nor talents, i think having progressive itemization and progressive debuff slots is important part in keeping earlier content more relevant.

Agree, the game will already be kinda nerfed with 1.12 talents (and us players already having all the information beforehand) without them making the game even easier with extra debuffs/early Dire Maul/no item progression.

There's an argument to be made that they could tune the bosses to make them more gear-demanding but personally I feel like it's playing russian roulette with an integral part of the game and betting on that they'll do well with it. The only change I'm more or less okay with is Maraudon at release and that's only because it doesn't really affect the gameplay or experience as a whole, it's just having an extra cool dungeon to do while leveling.
Agree 100% with this timeline!
+1
Who would've thought that something good could come out of that oaf's head ?
Though I don't agree with putting ZG on 3rd I nonetheless find his timeline way better than Blizzard's.

+1
Gonna be a long time to get into even to Onyxia, I guess that was Chromies point of the demo to us. Getting back to 2005 would mean that the clock would reset its 32 bit integer and count back to 2005.
06/11/2018 18:53Posted by Bagntag
Gonna be a long time to get into even to Onyxia, I guess that was Chromies point of the demo to us. Getting back to 2005 would mean that the clock would reset its 32 bit integer and count back to 2005.

I made a fun video (sorta) about this that I uploaded to vidme but the site closed and I don't think I have it left since I reformatted my computer.

It only got like 100 views anyway, wasn't exactly worth the effort haha. I tweeted it to a popular youtuber though without getting a reply then shortly after saw him reusing a joke I made in one of his videos, the bastard! :D