character limit/account?

Classic Discussion
so since Classic will be just another server option for one's account, what about the character limit of 50?
Will chars on classic add to the characters already on regular servers?
Or will we get new slots for classic only?

Would very much appreciate an official answer. Thanks!
11/11/2018 05:01Posted by Relaria
so since Classic will be just another server option for one's account

You're wrong. Classic is a different game.
Just look at PTR. There are even the achievements, mounts, pets, toys separated from the original game. And also the characters of course. It's like you would have an another account.

So it's 100% that the character limit will be separated from the original version of the game.
11/11/2018 06:04Posted by Weper

So it's 100% that the character limit will be separated from the original version of the game.

Yet all of this is just mere speculation. I think separate character limit is the more likely option to happen but it wont hurt to have an oficcial confirmation from Blizzard.
11/11/2018 13:18Posted by Jadzía
11/11/2018 06:04Posted by Weper

Yet all of this is just mere speculation. I think separate character limit is the more likely option to happen but it wont hurt to have an oficcial confirmation from Blizzard.

There is nothing to speculate you get a separated game in the launcher called WoW Classic simple as that..and as some people already have 2 WoW Accounts tied to there Bnet and pay only one sub,you will have the same deal with WoW Classic.
11/11/2018 13:29Posted by Blurey

There is nothing to speculate you get a separated game in the launcher called WoW Classic simple as that..and as some people already have 2 WoW Accounts tied to there Bnet and pay only one sub,you will have the same deal with WoW Classic.

Don't missunderstand what i said, i think you are right, i think there wont be shared character limits, but we are just speculating. But there are official announcemente from Blizzard in that respect.

I dont think the OP is more interested in Blizzard confirming that character limit wont be shared, afirmations without proofs are not the same.

I dont want to have a shared limit between BfA and Clasic, so if you can prove your afirmation with any Blizzard's claim it woult be very helpfull.
Why would there be shared limits?

Classic operates on separate servers and on a separate client all together.

We will get a separate character limit for Classic that is only for the Classic server selections.
There will be seperate character limit. You'll have different account for it. So just like currently you can have multiple wow accounts on one battle.net account and each has a seperate 50 characters limit, PTR and beta accounts also have seperate 50 character limits. The same will apply for Classic account.