Why does Mythic need more restrictions than Heroic?

General
12/11/2018 00:24Posted by Dejarous
So you want all the benefits of organised group content without putting in any effort.

Were people this entitled back in Vanilla from whence you came?

Please explain how pugs fall in the category of "organised group content". If anything they're the exact opposite. So much for entitlement...
It's about competition on the highest level of PvE. It lets top end guilds to compete for who is the best and fastest to a clear and lower tier guilds to compete if they can get it cleared at all during the season.

The group size restriction exists because every boss on mythic is balanced for 20-man group. What this means is that every group has an equal challenge, equal dps-breakpoint to meet, equal group-composition restrictions and so forth.

You may say that no one cares about personal glory in PvE but these people do care. Mythic is for those people that enjoy working together and overcoming these restrictions and their challenges. Like people already said, it's the pinnacle of PvE content, the hardest challenge in the game.

It's not meant for individual players who don't care for group play or being tied in a specific group. It's intentionally not meant for those people. It caters to a specific crowd.
So you want all the benefits of organised group content without putting in any effort.

No idea where I said this. I want people to fail at Mythic pugs because of the difficulty, not because of the arbitrary restrictions like cross realm/instance locks.

12/11/2018 01:15Posted by Papudeath

That's their own fault. Do you think pugs are capable of progressing on a mythic boss for +100 potential wipes? No. That's the reason they can't clear the raid, not the lockout.

Look at bosses like G'huun, that already happens in Heroic so there's no reason to assume it wouldn't in Mythic.

Don't assume people who want to pug are lazy, entitled or low-tier players, when in reality a lot of them just don't like being tied to a single group or being in a guild.

[quote]
Bottom line: changing the way the lockout works would make mythic easier. We should just call it heroic+ if that was the case. If it's too challenging for pugs, too bad, maybe they should organize themselves better.

Shouldn't the difficulty in Mythic raiding be within the content and the coordination needed to complete it? Not arbitrary restrictions on groups and who can play with each other?

12/11/2018 04:04Posted by Boozeboi
Let's say, that in some very weird scenario, Blizzard would actually let this happen. Then what's gonna happen? Nothing much really, you'd just get a worse version of Heroic pugging. Bosses are harder, and even guilds are struggling on many as we speak.

Second, people will, just like in Heroic pugs, probably leave after a couple of wipes. Guess what, you can go back to finding people again, because it doesn't share the group flexibility of Heroic and Normal.... Preferring this instead of raiding with a guild, I'm sorry, but who hurt you?

If you don't think pugs would be able to do Mythic why do you care so much? Let them try and fail :)

You saying that people stay for 100+ wipes on HC Ghuun is a total lie. Not even at the start of the raid people did it.

Yes, yes we were.

Nobody paid attention though, everyone was busy playing.

We ready to put effort into beating said content and doing so having a handicap of less organised group. If we manage to do so - reward is rightfully ours if not - then not. We just do not wanna to put up with current bureaucracy system.
I am actually all for cross realm mythic raiding. The community is so small that having to server hop every time they look for a guild is really frustrating.
As for ID lockouts, I'm indifferent. I don't think that any decent person would not commit to a raid group if he/she wasn't ID locked. But I can understand why it is there.
Maybe they just want people to commit to guilds, which are a staple of the game since its inception. Maybe they want to promote team play, where you don't kick people just because they are easily replaced, or you don't ditch groups when they can't take you further. Maybe they want something to be as exclusive to a classic way of playing as possible. Maybe they don't want players in guilds getting lured by a kill in some group and not showing up for their own guild progress for the week anymore. Maybe not everything is supposed to be pugged.

Who knows?
i can understand both viewpoints.. but ppl have to agree that the dungeon finder and raid finder makes no sense anymore..

and this is not because of casuals.. its because blizzard wanted to add another level of difficulity and then +xx extra levels to the dungeon system, because they are hoping it will be an $Esport$ some day..

the problem is that when u put so many extra levels in, the baseline experince gonna be so watered down and easy, that it makes no sense 2-3 weeks after an expansion..

they need to atleast add Basic Mythic difficulity to the tool... it would only help the so called pugs to get better and more ready to do Mythic+