Fun

General
Does anyone actually still have genuine fun?

I have fun with a new class for a day or two, then I ask myself why I even play, since there are so few scenarios in the game where your individual class gameplay actually matters. PvP is probably the best example. Class individuality actually matters there and you have some sort of class fantasy while playing, where as PvE just feels like a Simulator to me nowadays. Doesn't matter which class I play, it's mostly the exact same 123 gameplay.

It all feels the same to me. One class is flashier, the other isn't, but the principle is the same, and I feel like everything plays similarly.
I'm not sure if it's just me being jaded, but I can't find a reason to play any of my CLASSES.

Nothing makes me say "Hey, this is definitely my class, it's playstyle is so unique from other classes, I'm definitely going to stick with it".

I'm not sure if this is a BFA issue or not. But something's off. I feel like the Classes need something that enhances them well enough for it's gameplay to become uniquely engaging. Legion Legendaries did this for me imo. Each legendary made the gameplay a little more interesting.
i had honest fun up till the point of mythic dungeons i dunno what it is .. but i been like that since WoD i get to mythic dungeons and i'm just like .. meh .. not worth the time .. and just stop progressing and eventually quit ... wish blizzard would pick up on this problem by now but i guess they get more comments for them than against to give a damn.. oh well.
11/11/2018 22:36Posted by Pixelbear
i had honest fun up till the point of mythic dungeons i dunno what it is .. but i been like that since WoD i get to mythic dungeons and i'm just like .. meh .. not worth the time .. and just stop progressing and eventually quit ... wish blizzard would pick up on this problem by now but i guess they get more comments for them than against to give a damn.. oh well.

You know. I'm someone who doesn't give a damn about mythic raids anymore since I stopped raiding. I've become to old and jaded. I don't care about gear advantages. But besides the slow gearing creep, theres nothing that keeps you playing. The gameplay just isn't engaging enough. I am not going to drag myself through 40 minutes of a boring +12 if the classes I'm playing are still not fun after.

What blizzard doesn't understand, is that GEAR doesn't make the game more fun. It just makes you stronger. The flaws are still there.
11/11/2018 23:27Posted by Spheya
11/11/2018 22:36Posted by Pixelbear

You know. I'm someone who doesn't give a damn about mythic raids anymore since I stopped raiding. I've become to old and jaded. I don't care about gear advantages. But besides the slow gearing creep, theres nothing that keeps you playing. The gameplay just isn't engaging enough. I am not going to drag myself through 40 minutes of a boring +12 if the classes I'm playing are still not fun after.

What blizzard doesn't understand, is that GEAR doesn't make the game more fun. It just makes you stronger. The flaws are still there.

sadly a lot of people will argue that getting gear is fun, these are the same people who slowly turned the process of getting gear into the way it is now i think personally, as they are the only ones still actively doing it so it has to be them causing it..

however we can all agree getting gear was more fun before it was so random.
because they no longer do good classes.

and what is good is Always judged Under a min/maxing pov instead of being looked at a cool spell, or a fun combo.
It feels really bad. This is the first time since BC I've not had fun with the core gameplay. But I guess if you play the game for 12 years it's quite natural to get bored with it at some point. It lasted a long time, but I've finally realized how lackluster the gameplay actually is.
11/11/2018 21:54Posted by Spheya
Does anyone actually still have genuine fun?

I have fun with a new class for a day or two, then I ask myself why I even play, since there are so few scenarios in the game where your individual class gameplay actually matters. PvP is probably the best example. Class individuality actually matters there and you have some sort of class fantasy while playing, where as PvE just feels like a Simulator to me nowadays. Doesn't matter which class I play, it's mostly the exact same 123 gameplay.

It all feels the same to me. One class is flashier, the other isn't, but the principle is the same, and I feel like everything plays similarly.
I'm not sure if it's just me being jaded, but I can't find a reason to play any of my CLASSES.

Nothing makes me say "Hey, this is definitely my class, it's playstyle is so unique from other classes, I'm definitely going to stick with it".

I'm not sure if this is a BFA issue or not. But something's off. I feel like the Classes need something that enhances them well enough for it's gameplay to become uniquely engaging. Legion Legendaries did this for me imo. Each legendary made the gameplay a little more interesting.

Watching twinks rage in low level BG's when your side inevitably loses is thew only true fun left for me...
Use wings, press ashes, hit templers verdict, hit judgement, hit templers verdict. Global cd and abilities on cd, sit and auto attack. Rinse and repeat, wow is dead.

I stopped my rogue at 114 because I lose legendaries, my rotation gets weaker and due to my tier set bonus garrote which currently doesn't have a cd, will now have a 6 second cd (So with legendaries I can stealth, garrote, garrote, garrote) wont even be viable anymore because of a 6 second cool down.

You know an expansion is literal -5/10 when you dont want to level past a certain point because you lose abilities, a rotation and due to scaling I hit less.

I DESPISE BFA
i log in do emissary quest and missions and log out that's about it but then i play a class that has been gutted to the core but to answer the main question fun no.
imho every single class feels lacklustre and its nothing azerite can fix

we need a new row of talents we haven't had any in years now

they're going to have to add more otherwise the game stagnates like its doing now
12/11/2018 15:34Posted by Hamersímpson
Use wings, press ashes, hit templers verdict, hit judgement, hit templers verdict. Global cd and abilities on cd, sit and auto attack. Rinse and repeat, wow is dead.

I stopped my rogue at 114 because I lose legendaries, my rotation gets weaker and due to my tier set bonus garrote which currently doesn't have a cd, will now have a 6 second cd (So with legendaries I can stealth, garrote, garrote, garrote) wont even be viable anymore because of a 6 second cool down.

You know an expansion is literal -5/10 when you dont want to level past a certain point because you lose abilities, a rotation and due to scaling I hit less.

I DESPISE BFA

if you take the talent you can still garrote 4 times in the 3 second window and use vanish to refresh the garrote's ..

i freaking love assassin rogue personally and how it plays.
a bit ...maybe but overall .. not really.

Kinda hope 8.1 will change it .. but .. yea..
The crazy amount of time gating is killing most of the fun for me.
Also give us Zandalari already ... sigh
waiting for the race you wanted to play the most on ( and planned to main for bfa ) is just ... bah ..
The only fun I have is mythic raids, since the the RPG got removed I find it's all I can be bothered to put effort into.
I do yes.
I was getting bored because i couldnt progress in mythics farther than a +13 as Holy pala because it just didnt work out that well with the group i had for whatever reason. So yesterday a friend asked me if i wanted to do some keys with her and friends so i joined with my DH (mained her in Legion) and timed a 10 Boralus +1, a 11 waycrest +2 and a 13 waycrest +2 as well. Then got a 15 Tol Dagor and now i have completed my first +15 key in BFA :)

Mythic+ is my favorite activity in the game and i'm probably going to stick with my DH bc i love everything about this class :D (363 Ilvl but did more dmg both single and multi target than 2 380 mages)
Sounds like you are doing fun all wrong. Ten years and still having fun every single day. Lucky me.
I`ll do the Blizzard way. I will timegate my payment until there will be fun and content.
Right now, I have last 4 days remaining and it seems I`ll give them back to Blizzard, I won`t play.
Not having much fun here either, done BFA both as Horde and Alliance. (as in done all the quests and pve content).

Only thing I get any fun from now is Mythic Raiding but even that's taking its toll.

Roll on 8.1, even then we don't get a new raid until the new year. FeelsBadMan
The classes pruned to hell and all of them are to the exact same with renamed abilities. The whole game is feel so boring and soulless. there is nothing to do, nothing to motivate me. Gear? pointless. Transmog farm? without tier sets pointless. PVP? there is 4 class that dominate everything else. World quest/pvp? no reward, no fun. BFA feels like an expansion that is made in a week for some fast money and thats it. Way to go Activision Bli$$ard.
I have fun in mog collecting ,soloing old raids,pet battles and occasional pvp.

Also i find warfront fun actully

Gearing i havent really had fun with since legion to much rng overall and nothiing to Work towards as non rng gear goal.

And havent had fun raiding in bfa i find uldir a meh raid . Early ones are ok but ghuun,vectis and mythraxx i dont like.

But i still have fun in wow just different things now.
I'm having fun actually... except when people leave M+...
The excitement of being at the centre of the attention, the blood pumping in my heart when I toss my shield towards an end game boss... the microsecond decision on which mob should I focus when pulling a large group... the eyes scouting for enemy that might looses my threat... the sense of importance being the group guide even if I'm not the group leader... the shame of screwing up a pull or an instance... and the greatness in my mind when somebody writes 'Good tanking'... I'm really having a good time so far.