What's with the sudden influx of "Toxic Playerbase" threads?

General
Is it me or are there a lot of these that have suddenly appeared?

I know this isn't a new thing, the Playerbase is always accused of being toxic but a lot of these threads seem to have popped up recently.
It's just the next thing after Warmode, Island expeditions, Casuals killing the game, WoD was better, and raider.io is bad.

Out of nowhere a good amount of threads complaining about something appear for a few days/weeks until it gets boring and people find something new to complain about.
Usually it's actually about being kicked from M+ groups and they only give one side of the story.
Whatever the reason there is no smoke withowithout fire. Community in general was far better. While playing the game people tend to help each other and communicate. Now it is more like single player game. And thus the reason it feels like playing alone or with a bunch of rude people. The rest are remain silent.
12/11/2018 08:56Posted by Teknetia
Is it me or are there a lot of these that have suddenly appeared?

I know this isn't a new thing, the Playerbase is always accused of being toxic but a lot of these threads seem to have popped up recently.

That would be because as a general playerbase the WoW community IS toxic. Not as toxic as EVE or LoL but certainly one of the worse ones. This is nothing new though, any game with competitive features will be toxic simply because people can say and do what they like without having to live with the consequences of those actions.

Everquest 2 was a prime example. When that game first released there was no PvP, the forums were actually a nice place to be. As soon as they introduced it they went downhill rapidly with the standard 2 faction rants and accusations that appear here.

Horde/Alliance
Rebels/Imperials
Federation/Klingons
etc etc

Always have one side saying "only kids play the other side" "only whiners play the other side".

TL;DR People are Richard Craniums online because they can be.
The more time people spend realizing there's no consequence for bad behavior unlike irl, the more likely are to commit it

And wow certainly has some really hardcore players

Unless companies start tackling the issue instead of "but GMs are too expensive, i cant waste a tiny percentage of my billions profit to hire more people to deal with that, poor me D: "
Alts maybe used to inflate the conversation, also people might just be bandwagoning.