Herb shortage

General
Anyone else noticing a herb shortage?

Have the herbs been stealth nerfed? There's hardly any about tonight and when you finally see one half of them disappear when you reach it.
If this is another stealth nerf to artificially inflate their 'time played' metric i'm gonna kick next doors cat !!
YES I AM
I blame the thousands of threads saying that the only way to make gold (read: acquire someone else's gold, not making it) is to farm herbs.
seem to be some kinder nerf or something, when i look at AH, most herb only have 4-5 pages, that not a lot of sellers, but on the other hand riverbud is in just as high demand as anchor weed, since most recipes use it, where winter kiss that totally use less only have one recipe.... + dont make it better that alot of farmers server jumps
this for me was the final straw as the only thing i enjoyed doing was farm my mats for raiding. the same week or the week prio they announced 3 weeds for flask the mesh went from legion density to less than vanila density. bfa is big
This happened to me several times tonight whilst flying around hellfire peninsula looking for fel iron nodes.

It's also happened several times on different maps at different times of the day. Now I know nodes will despawn some seconds after it is mined but for it to disappear just as I arrive to mine so many times feels like a bug somewhere. I can't dismiss the possibility that my timing has been really unfortunate however I still get that uneasy feeling that this has occurred too many times to just to be explained as poor timing.

Hopefully it is my lack of luck because a bug like this would de-motivate my engineering levelling.
i suspect it's because of that sharding crap they are using. Really getting close to the end of my tether with this company.
I don't think it's a shortage, it's seems that the whole playerbase and their dog are farming herbs because they've heard there's lots of gold to be made.
I don't think the high price of herbs is sustainable as we'll reach a point where people won't buy them simply because they're too expensive (threads about running out of gold are already appearing) and players are starting to farm thier own herbs.
I dont think its nerfed but for me i stopped farming after multiboxer druids taking all of my herb and selling them in ah for half price.The prices are goingdown like legit winter's kiss is 14g avg on my server usually but the last 2 weeks it went donw to 6gold cause of that.Not only they farm on my server and ruining my run when i server hop/cross realm they kick me out aswell from party lmao they are everywhere cant tolerate better get my enchanting running
06/10/2018 01:53Posted by Kegsworth
This happened to me several times tonight whilst flying around hellfire peninsula looking for fel iron nodes.

It's also happened several times on different maps at different times of the day. Now I know nodes will despawn some seconds after it is mined but for it to disappear just as I arrive to mine so many times feels like a bug somewhere. I can't dismiss the possibility that my timing has been really unfortunate however I still get that uneasy feeling that this has occurred too many times to just to be explained as poor timing.

Hopefully it is my lack of luck because a bug like this would de-motivate my engineering levelling.

My personal guess is that the nodes are for normal and war mode mode and you just can't see the player farming the nodes. But that would be still a nasty bug and is a complete wide guess without much foundation. But I can confirm that nodes disappear without any visible reason for it. Stood a minute besides a node to get some drinks for me and my wife. She was aware that the node would disappear if she mines it, so she did not touch it. It just did despawn anyway.

Some phasing or sharing issue seems to most likely reason for this. Considering that they have not managed to get phasing work flawlessly within 9 years makes me scratch my head about how well sharding works.
I bought it all :)
It was less of a problem first weeks of the expansion... and then everyone became a herbalist. So there's more farming going on and the respawn seems to be rather limited.

It's a bit better at the odd hours.
It could also be the exp u get farming the herbs. There are some videos out there showing some sweet and fast ways to level from 110-120 just by farming herbs and only that. Plus that u get a huge amount of gold doin that
You need to know the ‘good spots’ mate XD
I think the main problem is that everyone and their mother has pricked up herbalism now. I spent an hour looking for Akunda's Bite and Anchor Weed before raid on Thursday, and suddenly we were 4 people on Sky Golems crossing paths at a Riverbud in Vol'dun(and I had met plenty of other Sky Golems throughout the desert). That's when I realized why I could hardly find any herbs at a location I have normally found quite a few, and that it wouldn't stop for a while either. Lucky for me, another guildie had been farming earlier that day and sent me her Akunda's Bite and Anchor Weeds, 'cause I was left with just 1 node of Anchor Weed(gave me 6) after that hour, and 72 Akunda's Bite. I got the cauldron I needed, but this is just as "exciting" every week. I am honestly starting to get really annoyed.

You might also want to take note of the seemingly increased sales of Sky Golems. We are a few people who would never buy that thing, who has crawled to the AH and bought it after BFA release, because of the draught of Anchor Weed, and the ever increasing competition of herb nodes.

You might also want to take note of the increased value of Spirit of Harmony, because it's a material needed to craft the Sky Golem, and the Sky Golem has gone up by 100k in value compared to what it was when I bought it 2-4 weeks ago. I paid 148k for mine, now it seems stuck at around 250k on my server.

This might be funny for some, but I am not amused.

I won't buy your herbs from the Auction House. That's my playstyle. I like to farm actual materials for myself, instead of farming gold to buy materials of someone else. That's a gold game I have no interest in.
I do think there is merit in a node being shared across shards theory.
Nodes despawning despite a lack of anyone else around is an ever growing theme for people.
I know it happens to me more often than not. There used to be a time people would choose a profession and keep it on their toon. Not because it would net them masses and masses of gold. But because it had some benefit for their class in a raid setting.
Ever since this was removed at the end of MoP slowly but surely the trend has moved towards a select few profs. And now in BFA it almost feels mandatory to be a herbalist, and for some an alchemist.

If raid perks came back and herbalism had a 10% health increase, while leather had its extra crit or blacksmith its extra sockets, I think not only would we give professions back some meaning (still a long way to go) but people would move to better suited ones for their spec and class.