Maiev the Serial Killer should off Tyrande

Story
and her goofy chickendeer husband and become the new night elf leader. That lady doesn’t !@#$ around.
That lady would probably sacrifice every living NE if that means she gets her hands on the source of her vegeance or target to hunt. So not sure if you want as NE her as leader
A friendly reminder that the Military Leader of the Kaldorei Resistance Jarod Shadowsong is still around.
15/10/2018 11:21Posted by Ahab
That lady doesn’t !@#$ around.

Neither did Tyrande before she fell victim to terrible writing.
15/10/2018 11:21Posted by Ahab
and her goofy chickendeer husband

Oh man I loled

I stand behind this idea
Shandris Feathermoon and Jarod Shadowsong are actually two more compentant and better Kaldorei leaders then Maiev can ever dream to be.
15/10/2018 12:32Posted by Halasibel
A friendly reminder that the Military Leader of the Kaldorei Resistance Jarod Shadowsong is still around.

Who
I would be really happy for the Nightelves if they took the Militaristic wardens route.

I think it's much more interesting and fun than their current theme, even if they kept the priest and druid parts but having the wardens being the main driving force is cool.
Or maybe they should let a Human rule them instead of going with their rebellious little actions in Darkshore?

Who?
Night elves suck because blizzard has really only shown them losing in wow, and doesn't give them the best parts of their lore.

All night elves' most amazing features and parts, as well as victories are either in descriptions, novels or previous games. The one time we actualy saw night elves anywhere near decent and attractive was in Legion - when they did Suramar, Azsuna, Val'sharah and Demon hunters - and none of these are associated with the playable alliance group not one - and when they roped in characters part of the night elf alliance group doing anything amazing, they were in neutral capacity..

As a consequence night elves look lame. They are so afraid to make night elves look or feel powerful or awesome, they've ended making them look crap.

The problem is not Malfurion, neither is it Tyrande, no matter what those characters do, or any other part of the night elves, you are not going to see any different results, until blizzard decide that night elves should be awesome again.

You want me to list all the things I find cool about night elves?

1. Immortal
2. Highly intelligent and wise beings
3. Phenomenal masters of both the arcane and nature
4. Greatest and most specatacular magical civilizaiton ever in Azeroths history
5. Phenomenal female warrior priest culture
6. Fierce and savage fighters that even the best of the established wow races had trouble coming close.
7. Well of Eternity, World tree and the Emerald Dream, Elune - Everything that they had
8. Mysterious Children of the Stars, that had an air of awe - celestial level of magnitude
9. Elune - the one true goddess, and they were the ones who knew her the best
10. Enhanced high elves. (yes, they were high elves on steroids)
11. first to study magic - they were set up as the highest authority on magic - they knew how to use it the best and they knew how to counteract it the best.
12. Titanic race seemed the closest match for the legion.

Enter wow, and every one of these aspects are either toned down to disappointing or just not part of the playable night elves. they are more ordinary than humans in so many respects, despite them having all these things associated with them, they sound so amazing in teh lore books , novels and wc3, even in leigon they looked cool, but when you play them, you just feel like they're a bunch of losers.

Their sentinls come off as losers, their huntreseses and druids - also losers (they are out smarted, out stealthed and out manoeuvured in a forest, not only any forest, their own forest.) Their highborne who rejoin come off as losers too, look at how the neutral nightborne (then horde) are shown off as amazing - the kaldocei arcane elves done right, look at how powerful the Farondis and Mooonguard come across - the night elf highborne? A joke. Their druids come off as tree huggers, only getting angry when critters are hurt or flowers aren't paid attention too - nothing like the neutral druids of Val'sharah - remember that cat druid you go to summon to help Malfurion at the start of the zone? Remember how fierce he came across.
Remember how the demon hunters came across too? even the ones before legion. The one in Felwood, the one in Blasted Lands, the one in Nagrand, then ofc the DH quest line.

If its cool, if its amazing, it is just not part of the current night elves. Even Malfurion and Tyrande, who come and play a role, they just end up looking ridiculous because on the one hand, they've been painted as amazing, but on the other hand, blizzard just can't write them like that when in faction conflicts, but have no problem in novels though when it isn't the horde. So they end up looking terrible or negligent. or something not good.

And they wonder why alliance players want high elves, keep crying for WC3, or keep writing posts that night elves suck. Tell me what is attractive about them? All there is to them is forests and ruins, all their best parts are in novels, forest, ruins and terrible fighters and combatants that constantly lose. Even their forests are plagued with disaster and corruption, Elwyn forests and other race forests looked far more whole than night elven forests. And after reading WotA, and the sort of cities they were capable of building, Darnassus was a let down, country manor (temple is the manor) with a small servant quarters (the wooden homes), i had expected much more. And when much more came in Suramar, it was too good for them, like anything nice, cool, badass, kickass, successful - nope neutral or given to hthe horde.

Mark my words, Tyrande or Malfurion dying will not solve the night elves' issues, cos they've never been the true problem it has always been blizzards hestitation to write them large in wow. In wow, only the horde can be badass, amazing, magnificent, cool, kickass. The humans are second best, and the other alliance races get scraps.

ANd they expect me to continue waiting..after 15 years.... i'm all for the peaceful, humane, gentle side of night elves, but why must only neutrals or night elves turned into horde be the cool ones? Why must i only look to previous games like WC3 or read novels to see night elves as cool? tyrande and Malfurion are not the problem.
Jarod Demonbane Shadowsong --> https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jarod_Shadowsong
15/10/2018 17:34Posted by Ahab

Who

Vile forsaken go read a book and leave Night Elven leadership to me !
mhh so many players dont know one of best azerot comanders.
15/10/2018 23:07Posted by Pinkfist
mhh so many players dont know one of best azerot comanders.

Maybe people would remember Jarod if he wasn't portrayed to be so horribly bland, boring and forgettable. even with unique voice actor he doesn't appear to be outstanding among many other generic nelves.
15/10/2018 23:22Posted by Zakkaru
Maybe people would remember Jarod if he wasn't portrayed to be so horribly bland, boring and forgettable. even with unique voice actor he doesn't appear to be outstanding among many other generic nelves.

I saw him first time in Cata gameplay, i will remeber him forever, great character <3
15/10/2018 23:26Posted by Pinkfist

I saw him first time in Cata gameplay, i will remeber him forever, great character <3

Then I'm happy for you.
15/10/2018 23:26Posted by Pinkfist

Just googled him. Sounds like a boring Mary Sue type character. Did Knack invent him?

Jarod's mere presence also seems to serve in raising morale. It is noted that, unlike the commanders before him, all fight harder and obey him with greater swiftness. An amused Rhonin, however, realizes that Jarod probably doesn't consider himself impressive at all, and believes he is only doing what he must. Unfortunately for his modesty, his people's reverence for him only grew when the demigods joined the conflict, and willingly placed themselves under his command.

Trash
16/10/2018 10:19Posted by Ahab

Just googled him. Sounds like a boring Mary Sue type character. Did Knack invent him?

I 1st encoutner him in Knack book so maybe?

He is reflection of Maiev (his sister), while she is doing controversial stuff and have some character deep, her brother (at least for me) He is like Anduin, when sth is bad he comes, everyone instantly obey him (elves, taurens demigods -.-) cant do anything wrong, always saves people etc... But he is less annoing in my opinion.

15/10/2018 20:09Posted by Elvereth

You want me to list all the things I find cool about night elves?

U didnt listed Night Elves cool stuff, u listed ELVES cool stuff, like your story stopped before War of the Ancients, your Queen is still Azshara.
Actually, Jarod has enough depth as a character and actually had to work and earn his place and rank among the Kaldorei.

Unlike the ones before him, he did what was needed and was able to exploit the strenght of the different races. He went one-on-one against Archimonde...Well more like he was played by the great Demon-Lord and got his behind whooped since he never stood a chance against him. His peoples reverance and respect for him only grew after that.
16/10/2018 11:09Posted by Moridunum
Actually, Jarod has enough depth as a character and actually had to work and earn his place and rank among the Kaldorei.

Yes

16/10/2018 11:09Posted by Moridunum

Unlike the ones before him, he did what was needed

he did what was "good" / "pure"

What im saying, IN MY OPINION he is similar to Superman, not about superpowers, but about supergoodnes. He cant do bad or controversial things.
But U can like him, sure nothing wrong about it.