why does blizzard keeps hiding numbers?

General
If it’s high people will say blizzard lies ( like they already do )
If it’s low people will hate on the current devs.

Why would they even think about releasing numbers ?
if all the wow player base got together and bought the majority share in the game we could control ion into making the game we want :D
16/10/2018 00:53Posted by Kappador

they released numbers for years, especially when game was at its peak and no one said they were lying. #fact
Activision Blizzard's pride is too high, they won't show sub numbers. They're the big bosses now, hence why their developers speak like politicians in Q&A's.
16/10/2018 01:05Posted by Bukachu

they released numbers for years, especially when game was at its peak and no one said they were lying. #fact

But blizzard said WA numbers are wrong , no one believes blizzard
16/10/2018 00:11Posted by Isdy
15/10/2018 23:09Posted by Bukachu
#thread

Im still currious about how many individuals play the game. why is blizzard refusing to release subscriber numbers? -.-

why are we forced to get our information out of 3rd party?

blasphemy

Nobody is forcing you to do anything..... I'll give you a little challenge. Go find the official playing figures for ESO, Black Desert, Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy. I could list another dozen similar games that also do not publish player figures. So stop suggesting this game is any different.

The difference here is that those games never did it. WoW did it and stopped when their numbers dropped, indicating that they only show numbers when things are going well.

Why would they even think about releasing numbers ?

16/10/2018 01:29Posted by Kappador
16/10/2018 01:05Posted by Bukachu

But blizzard said WA numbers are wrong , no one believes blizzard

Easy fix for Blizz, release the official sub numbers as they are now.
15/10/2018 23:15Posted by Darthtoon
-.-

couldn't you join into one of the other threads on this ? you of all people should know better man common ;)

i do agree though we have a right to know

You do not have the ‘right’ to know anything.
If knowing sub numbers some how determines if you play or not then that’s pretty sad.
#thread

Im still currious about how many individuals play the game. why is blizzard refusing to release subscriber numbers? -.-

blasphemy

They will be releasing financial data next month I believe, not actual subs numbers but all the profit stuff for the quarter. Although I reckon it might be a bit skewed with bfa purchases and sub spikes at the beginning of the expansion (along with other services that may have spiked as expected) so February's might be more telling anyway.

Only other way to get them is to become either a major shareholder or an investor and demand to see them lol
Naughty secrets....

On a more serious note: if you hide always numbers you are not vulnerable. The ppl can speculate but will be not sure about them.
They have not to explain them to public audience. Just to the board i think.
15/10/2018 23:55Posted by Soulgriever
Blizzard are under NO obligation whatsoever to disclose their profits or losses to 3rd parties or customers.
LOL. Securities Exchange Act of 1934 requires them to disclose income and expenditures, stock values, company actions and planned activity.

Welcome to the crusade.
Blizzard are under NO obligation whatsoever to disclose their profits or losses to 3rd parties or customers.

https://investor.activision.com/financial-information/quarterly-results
#thread

blasphemy
Because thats how companies works. They are not allowed to give out all their data and numbers. Compare it to whatever company you want, a foodmaket for example. They are not always allowed to tell people how much meat they sell on a week or how much money they make in a month. Cuz some data can hurt the company in many ways. Its all about the money after all. And at the end.. the customer is the looser. Sad isnt it.
1) braging about numbers ans making them not real is todays marketing. It's like everydays lies nodaways. Just check how wireless routers brands lies about speed. And there is so many things who lies to you every day. Marketing nowadays.

2) Blizzard don't have to give you any numbers.

3) There always will be people who will QQ, make topics about "game is dead" "im quiting" "bulls**t that and buls**t that" You cant avoid it. Best thing to do with people like that is ignore them. They will leave and come back. No real reason to start panic because of people like that. All Blizzard can do is to use common sense and work from what they have. Time to time ( most of the time ) they have too big ego to actually listen and see what better/smarter people suggest. But hey, not our problem. We always can leave this game behind.

4) They still trying to make this game better. With or without success its a different question. Sometimes they hit right in to the problem, sometimes they avoid it or make it even worse. Still trying. Actually they should learn some things from PoE devs. They are really good in this department.
16/10/2018 01:14Posted by Serious
Activision Blizzard's pride is too high, they won't show sub numbers. They're the big bosses now, hence why their developers speak like politicians in Q&A's.

You mean hence why their lead game devs are literally lawyers with staring eyes and speak in rapid turbobabble
tbh i don't see why they should hide sub counts from us. we don't need sub counts to know the game is heading to a crunch.

hiding things like this makes blizzard very suspicious. FFxiv takes pride in their sub count, but how many of those subs bots and rmt?

lastnight i read on the forums there was a leak of 1.7 mill subs on WoW. who cares?
Releasing sub numbers Bukachu aint gonna change anything only thing it would force people to unsub when they see the decline as someone else mentioned above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CXXXgoRdo
They always said WOW would be it's own Wow-Killer. it's true I guess.
16/10/2018 09:01Posted by Mckorcprop
They always said WOW would be it's own Wow-Killer. it's true I guess.

It could they way its going but we still cant be sure unless Blizz pulls the Alarm button and officially says its game over for real XD.