Whats the point in shadow form?

Priest
Back in the day shadow form presented players with a choice. We had access to holy spells but couldn't cast them while in shadow form so we would need to dip in and out of it to heal etc.

Now with class pruning, I cant think of any reason a shadow priest wouldn't be in shadow form. If anything it can be a burden in bgs etc where it seems to decide at random whether to persist through death, so its easy to forget its there.

With all the balancing suggestions floating around, I'd suggest making the current 10% dmg and survivability bonuses baseline and making it aesthetic only.

Then add the bonuses back to void form. I cant see a full rework of shadow at this stage in an expansion so with void form staying they should make it more impactful. Giving us a decent damage and survivability buff while in it gives reason to maintain it as long as possible, and easy to balance as they can just play with percentages.

These changes would mirror restro druid to a certain extent with the original tree form becoming aesthetic and tree of life being a impactful form.
It's mostly an iconic appearance these days.

Blizzard had actually removed Shadowform for Legion, so you just had Void Form. But players said that they missed the appearance of Shadowform, so Blizzard put it back in again.

But yeah, from a gameplay point of view it's a relic that doesn't actually do anything meaningful.

But players seemingly just associate playing a Shadow Priest with being a purple blob.
18/10/2018 11:01Posted by Jito

Blizzard had actually removed Shadowform for Legion, so you just had Void Form. But players said that they missed the appearance of Shadowform, so Blizzard put it back in again.

But yeah, from a gameplay point of view it's a relic that doesn't actually do anything meaningful.

But players seemingly just associate playing a Shadow Priest with being a purple blob.

also is reduces dmg taken by 10% i think and more shadow dmg other then that it is pointless and in my opinion after they change how it looks in legion and BFA it looks like crap and is buggy, everytime i logg in i need to take of my sholders and put them on again to make the form actualy ineract with the form. miss old shadow form and shadow priest, whene u acutaly sometimes had to drop the form.
19/10/2018 14:27Posted by Ponni
18/10/2018 11:01Posted by Jito

also is reduces dmg taken by 10% i think and more shadow dmg other then that it is pointless and in my opinion after they change how it looks in legion and BFA it looks like crap and is buggy, everytime i logg in i need to take of my sholders and put them on again to make the form actualy ineract with the form. miss old shadow form and shadow priest, whene u acutaly sometimes had to drop the form.

I think the op was more refering to the point "why is shafowform still ability"... More like why is the option drop out of sf still here since there is 0 reasons to go normal form.

I read somewhere that ot is because rp players were loud about the fact that they cannot hide their appearance....but im bot sure about that...imo its nothing else than anoying button that u have to press after every death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWdZ9yxwDS8
try watching that and not feel the painwhne looking your main now
the point in shadow form? look cool xDD
When I ask about this before, answer was because of RP realms, but blizzard is so lazy to make shadow from baseline and only to go off if you click it.

Till blizzard decide that this is right, we feel every click on shadow form, when enter in dungeon, BG or after dead to click it every single time. On top of that, sometimes born with shadowform, sometimes not, just to be more retarded.

3rd expansion out of shadow from is useless and no fixed, i have send this to devs, write here on every post, that touch this problem and till blizzard decide to make it, will stay on this broken retarded state.
It's pretty much a cosmetic ability at this point, they should make the 10% buffs baseline because it tends to drop off after death and you Forget to put it back again.
19/10/2018 17:20Posted by Duzurîx
19/10/2018 14:27Posted by Ponni

I think the op was more refering to the point "why is shafowform still ability"... More like why is the option drop out of sf still here since there is 0 reasons to go normal form.

I read somewhere that ot is because rp players were loud about the fact that they cannot hide their appearance....but im bot sure about that...imo its nothing else than anoying button that u have to press after every death.
or the one you forget to press and wonder why your damage is so bad.
The point of shadow form is that you can cheaply hide the sh*t looking gear bfa brought us.
06/11/2018 00:07Posted by Holysiht
The point of shadow form is that you can cheaply hide the sh*t looking gear bfa brought us.

Said someone with bad mog and stupid no-ic name. Noice try.

In fact i love spriest skills but we need glyph for hide shadowform.
I want the old shadowform. This one is... not even gonna.

The point of shadowform was to differentiate from other priests and it also had 15% shadow damage at the expense of not being able to cast holy spells. Right now it's just a purple slob on top of the toon instead of being the iconic appearance.
being edgy
Right now it's just a purple slob.

That was legion shadowform.

you're way behind, were purple farts now.