Stupidity beyond measure. "Remove r.io".

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
trophee at it again with another "people who rant about raider io are bad" post ..

some things never change.
21/10/2018 13:57Posted by Jadzía
Anyway, why you care so much?

I don't. I only commented on the ridiculous idea that Blizzard can be sued for breaking GDPR.
sure people who rant against raider io aren't trying hard enough ...(some of us do actually try hard enough btw) ((not me))

but in equal terms people who support raider io and what is done to the game are idiots ..
21/10/2018 13:18Posted by Jesi
Blizzard have not allowed them to use my data as well~ Thats why some of us want Blizzard to ban it. In fact I demand it...

And I demand to know whether I invite a good player or a scrub who can't tank for !@#$. It sucks when you're just trying to do a +10 for your weekly but if there wasn't so many straight up terrible players who cant play their class if their lives depended on it, there would be no need for it.

Also, if there was no titanforging (and thus, if the gear you got was actually a reflection of the content you did like it used to be), just your item level would be enough.
21/10/2018 15:13Posted by Darthtoon
but in equal terms people who support raider io and what is done to the game are idiots ..

what did it do to the game?
made public data easely accessible
21/10/2018 14:15Posted by Susurritös
Well you commented on a r.io topic without any aim to say anithing about r.io. I mean, shouldn you make a topic about friendly io or something like that instad or going offtopic.
Fine; now I know that I must no longer comment on topics that involve content I don't run.

This one will be the last reply to anything related to this sorry system... ever.
I honestly don't have a big opinion on raider.io, at start of legion for high keys (or sometimes any key.. cus people) you needed good logs and people would check for it (I did a lot of high keys at the start of legion back when I was raiding and not bored of m+, did a +15 before they even allowed you to get the artifact skin T_T)

This system will eventually fall out of fashion once something new is implemented in game, or a different, more accurate way of judging playstyle is introduced. At the end of the day it's just a number that people like to apply to themselves so they can feel superior. For level-headed people it's more a gauge of experience, noone wants to waste their time.

I look out for/make mostly chill groups that don't ask for r.io score, and if someone brings it up when trying to join my group and b*tch about my score (it's happened), I just flat out tell them that's not the attitude I want to bring to my run and deny them.

My r.io score is super low because I don't do enough m+ to make it go up, I plan to fix that eventually and I've heard it's pretty easy, just play consistently.

TL;DR: It'll die eventually. Make your own groups, look for chill communities (fail train here from forums, calm keystones etc) who don't ask for an arbitrary number and you'll get there.

XDDDDDDD
even that's something blizzard shows lmaoooo

ask blizzard to stop having ur data

Blizzard has my consent to store and show that data. That means Blizzard can show that data, but raider.io can't, i have not given consent for them to show my data.

I dont have intention to stop Blizzard from showing my data, they are not breaking the law, is raider.io the ones who are breaking the law by showing my data without my consent. This is not about me not wanting to show my data, is about having my right to choose, and probably i will end allowind raider.io to show it, because there is huge difference beween a company asking me for my data and share it with my consent that a company illegaly sharing my data without asking for my consent.

I don't. I only commented on the ridiculous idea that Blizzard can be sued for breaking GDPR.

Is not ridiculous , Blizzard like any other company has the same onbligation as any other and must respect their costumer rights. They can be sued by breaking GDRP, there is no company that is exemptec to respect the law. By the way, the major problem about breaking the GDRP is not that they could be sued, is that they could be santioned by the EU.

Anyway, here is the list of supervisory authorities based on country where everyone can make a complaint againts Blizzard-Raider.IO sharing data.
https://blog.varonis.com/gdpr-data-protection-authority-supervisory-listing/
21/10/2018 15:23Posted by Bukachu
21/10/2018 15:13Posted by Darthtoon

exactly ...

the only people who will thrive in this kind of practise are the ones who enjoy it, and there is equally as many people who don't enjoy as there is which do as at the end of the day , eventually you'll just be stuck with the same people at end game , what happens if they get bored ??

there will be no one to replace them because the community already alienated a good sizeable portion of the player base through stopping them progressing .

it is already starting to show in guilds across all realms... people are unable to find replacements for inactive members because no one meets the requirements .. its their own doing .. the fact people like you dont see this problem happening even tho it already is is a massive problem.

EDIT: some guild are even starting to take people without Raider IO because they simply cant find anyone else.
21/10/2018 15:25Posted by Jadzía

XDDDDDDD

Blizzard has my consent to store and show that data. That means Blizzard can show that data, but raider.io can't, i have not given consent for them to show my data.

I dont have intention to stop Blizzard from showing my data, they are not breaking the law, is raider.io the ones who are breaking the law by showing my data without my consent. This is not about me not wanting to show my data, is about having my right to choose, and probably i will end allowind raider.io to show it, because there is huge difference beween a company asking me for my data and share it with my consent that a company illegaly sharing my data without asking for my consent.

2 words, public data
21/10/2018 14:30Posted by Jesi
Ahh you almost got me but you lost it when writed that you have a GF
Imagine not being able to comprehend or accept that there are people who have more successful lives than you.
21/10/2018 15:25Posted by Jadzía

XDDDDDDD

Is not ridiculous , Blizzard like any other company has the same onbligation as any other and must respect their costumer rights. They can be sued by breaking GDRP, there is no company that is exemptec to respect the law. By the way, the major problem about breaking the GDRP is not that they could be sued, is that they could be santioned by the EU.

Anyway, here is the list of supervisory authorities based on country where everyone can make a complaint againts Blizzard-Raider.IO sharing data.
https://blog.varonis.com/gdpr-data-protection-authority-supervisory-listing/
Raider IO is using Open API that is provided by Blizzard. And they are not showing your data, since account you are playing on belongs to Blizzard.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

2 words, public data

2 words, you lie, there is no such thing as public data when we talk about personal information.

21/10/2018 15:38Posted by Sárádá
Raider IO is using Open API that is provided by Blizzard. And they are not showing your data, since account you are playing on belongs to Blizzard.

That will be ok if they actually only show data of my character, my gear or something like that, but Blizzard API is showing my playing routine with the dates and hours when i am playing, that is personal data. Even if allow Blizzard to show that data, that does not means i have allowed raider.io to store that data, and less to allow them to show that data when is no longer available in Blizzard's API

Anyway, i already have made my complaint againts this to my country authority supervisory agency, it takes just 5 minutes to write the formulary.
21/10/2018 15:27Posted by Darthtoon
21/10/2018 15:23Posted by Bukachu

exactly ...

the only people who will thrive in this kind of practise are the ones who enjoy it, and there is equally as many people who don't enjoy as there is which do as at the end of the day , eventually you'll just be stuck with the same people at end game , what happens if they get bored ??

there will be no one to replace them because the community already alienated a good sizeable portion of the player base through stopping them progressing .

it is already starting to show in guilds across all realms... people are unable to find replacements for inactive members because no one meets the requirements .. its their own doing .. the fact people like you dont see this problem happening even tho it already is is a massive problem.

I've read a lot of your posts across the forum so first off, I respect your views and you make good points.

But the thing is what you have explained has happened for so long in wow, in most MMOs with requirements. Look at wow, first ilvl, then logs +ilvl, now it's r.io score/logs/ilvl/pic of your cat. On BDO you need to have high gearscore, a pvp trial and whatever other hoops they throw at you. On ESO you need to have decent delve scores to join a higher raiding guild.

Nothing has changed, it's just an additional platform. This data was already available in game, since challenge modes were introduced. You could look at the leaderboards both on this site and on the game itself, just the format was clunky.

People who have "trouble progressing" just have not looked in the right places to be able to progress without the arbitrary numbers. There are lots of communities out there, guilds as well, who accept and help people with low scores. From there you can move up. You can't expect to jump in at the deep end with no experience.

Ofc this is just me being a miserable old git so..
21/10/2018 15:39Posted by Sylvin

exactly ...

I've read a lot of your posts across the forum so first off, I respect your views and you make good points.

But the thing is what you have explained has happened for so long in wow, in most MMOs with requirements. Look at wow, first ilvl, then logs +ilvl, now it's r.io score/logs/ilvl/pic of your cat. On BDO you need to have high gearscore, a pvp trial and whatever other hoops they throw at you. On ESO you need to have decent delve scores to join a higher raiding guild.

Nothing has changed, it's just an additional platform. This data was already available in game, since challenge modes were introduced. You could look at the leaderboards both on this site and on the game itself, just the format was clunky.

People who have "trouble progressing" just have not looked in the right places to be able to progress without the arbitrary numbers. There are lots of communities out there, guilds as well, who accept and help people with low scores. From there you can move up. You can't expect to jump in at the deep end with no experience.

all i can really say is let it continue as it is .. wait and see if it turns out like i said well unfortunately i wont be here to say i told you so .. but i will say it when i read about it on the gaming websites :P

other games suffer heavily with these kinds of systems because they aren't as popular as wow , wow can just about live with these issues because it has a bigger dedicated player base.

in other games people quit playing if they don't like it as it is the simple solution , in wow however people generally don't want to quit playing and would rather the game was made to improve on things which are effective slowly draining it .

so yea all i can really say is wait and see .. and i genuinely hope i am wrong about it but so far it has been looking more like i'm right.
21/10/2018 15:23Posted by Synthium

And I demand to know whether I invite a good player or a scrub who can't tank for !@#$. It sucks when you're just trying to do a +10 for your weekly but if there wasn't so many straight up terrible players who cant play their class if their lives depended on it, there would be no need for it.

[/quote]

You can just not invite any player on a M+ group if you dont have that information about them. After all if you want to use raider.io that means you cant your data in raider.io, nothing wrong about that, there will be many others like you who like raider.io, you can only invite to your grupo people who use raider.io
the only people who will thrive in this kind of practise are the ones who enjoy it, and there is equally as many people who don't enjoy

so let people who enjoy it enjoy it, and those who dont, can not do/use it. pretty simple isnt it?

eventually you'll just be stuck with the same people at end game , what happens if they get bored ??

what happens if everyone gets bored right now?? doomsayer card wont work here.
but to get into details, people who will get bored will quit, and new people will replace them, and we'll have new standards, maybe better maybe worse.
it's not happening for quite a long time tho so no worries about everyone quitting the game.

been going on since vanilla, guilds merge, players merge. so far not a major issue.

the fact people like you dont see this problem happening even tho it already is is a massive problem.

im a realistic person, when I walk outside I dont look in the sky to avoid people throwing stuff from their windows.
same way I dont worry about none-existant issue where entire wows community will get bored and quit the game.
we're talking about a player base that has millions of players, and all you need for mythic plus is 5 players.

some guild are even starting to take people without Raider IO because they simply cant find anyone else.

no idea where you get those stories but thanks for sharing

dw you gucci <3
21/10/2018 14:28Posted by Bukachu
21/10/2018 14:15Posted by Dappysham
funny, the fact I literally cannot get my score up due to being on a high pop realm which top 500 is dominated by 10+ - 13+ an hour after reset...

raider.io is a gimmick, does not show "skill" and should be banned.

Funny, the fact that you start ur post by lying to us LMAO.

https://raider.io/characters/eu/stormscale/Dappysham

few hours? few days have passed and top 500 is still 4-9 keys.

only thing that should be banned is creatures like you, lmao.

21/10/2018 14:22Posted by Dappysham
I work 40 hours a week

me too, I study on top of it, got gf, socialize a lot, do swimming, working on side project and got few more hobbies.
you're just bad not just at game, but at life. shhhhhh now and instead of barking and drooling go get better at SOMETHING.

disgusting creature
Insulting me on a forum? Enjoy your ban.
21/10/2018 16:02Posted by Bukachu
the only people who will thrive in this kind of practise are the ones who enjoy it, and there is equally as many people who don't enjoy

so let people who enjoy it enjoy it, and those who dont, can not do/use it. pretty simple isnt it?

eventually you'll just be stuck with the same people at end game , what happens if they get bored ??

what happens if everyone gets bored right now?? doomsayer card wont work here.
but to get into details, people who will get bored will quit, and new people will replace them, and we'll have new standards, maybe better maybe worse.
it's not happening for quite a long time tho so no worries about everyone quitting the game.

been going on since vanilla, guilds merge, players merge. so far not a major issue.

the fact people like you dont see this problem happening even tho it already is is a massive problem.

im a realistic person, when I walk outside I dont look in the sky to avoid people throwing stuff from their windows.
same way I dont worry about none-existant issue where entire wows community will get bored and quit the game.
we're talking about a player base that has millions of players, and all you need for mythic plus is 5 players.

some guild are even starting to take people without Raider IO because they simply cant find anyone else.

no idea where you get those stories but thanks for sharing

dw you gucci <3

not everything i say is doomsaying bukachu just like you aren't always a massive troll .

EDIT: believe it or not i actually want to see the game survive and come out the other side of this better than it was ... sure the game has been through this before in the past , but never to this level, people are really taking to extremes in this expansion with the aid of the information radier io hands out to players. this problem has always existed but it is massively amplified in BFA.
21/10/2018 15:06Posted by Dejarous
21/10/2018 13:36Posted by Jesi
You give me tos about personal data and then say that you will not discuss that because its diffirent thing... Huh... You did not expect me to actually read this, dont you?

Lets be clear here. Personal data is your real life name, address and all of those things.

The fact that the character "Jesi" has done a + whatever and has a gear level of x is not personal data. That is character information, owned by Blizzard that they put out on their API.

You have a right to demand stuff about personal data, and I'm sure Blizzard protect it jealously. When it comes to making demands about character data, well, you can go jump.

Dont waste your time replying to him,at start of thread he started spreading lies
"rio dont have consent to get my data" when all the character data and character are owned by blizzard then when other people started proving hes wrong,he going trolling the OP.
Also OP i dont know if this is a bait or you genuinely wants to have a discussion on this but please dont open anymore thread like this,people that want io or warcraft logs to be banned are not einstein...