Leveling as Holy

Priest
From 1-120 with questing + dungeons? Is it really that much slower than doing it as shadow or disc? I know disc has superior damage but I kinda dislike the specc.
At the moment my priest is lvl 30 and I don't see any issue with my holy damage. Of course I know this will change when I get to lvl 50+, but how much slower will it be compared to shadow? I want to stay Holy at max lvl btw.

Another question: is random dungeon spamming as a healer still a fast way to level?

Thanks in advance!
Well it depends, If you plan to do dungeons and basicly rush quests without killing a boatload of extra enemies you won't lose much speed. However to maximize exp gain you really should do it as shadow or disc since those specs are a bit easier to maximize aoe pulling mobs etc.

I leveled fairly quick just doing specific dungeons once for the quests and then just rush zone quests. Since they scale now you should never get a net exp loss from quest experience so questing have caught up to dungeons in general unless you run with a group with powerplay people.
22/10/2018 10:37Posted by Ghimrizz
Well it depends, If you plan to do dungeons and basicly rush quests without killing a boatload of extra enemies you won't lose much speed. However to maximize exp gain you really should do it as shadow or disc since those specs are a bit easier to maximize aoe pulling mobs etc.

I leveled fairly quick just doing specific dungeons once for the quests and then just rush zone quests. Since they scale now you should never get a net exp loss from quest experience so questing have caught up to dungeons in general unless you run with a group with powerplay people.
Thanks for your anwser. I guess I should level as shadow while spamming each dungeon once as healer. How about pvp? Does this give any decent xp?
22/10/2018 11:06Posted by Deveon
22/10/2018 10:37Posted by Ghimrizz

Thanks for your anwser. I guess I should level as shadow while spamming each dungeon once as healer. How about pvp? Does this give any decent xp?

PvP gives rubbish xp, it's only useful if you get really bored of PvE. I don't think holy does much less damage than disc to be honest, just we can't heal at the same time. It's fine up till like level 60, then it will get too boring and shadow is better.
Holy is sooooo boring for questing. You only press 3 buttons.
23/10/2018 01:23Posted by Nimbledigits

Try disc, its about the same. Or sp, spamming mindsear. I switched holy at 50 and it does a decent amount of more dps then disc.
23/10/2018 07:26Posted by Stylopapi
23/10/2018 01:23Posted by Nimbledigits

Try disc, its about the same. Or sp, spamming mindsear. I switched holy at 50 and it does a decent amount of more dps then disc.
Really? that seems weird. It would be logical that shadow and disc do way more damage than holy.

I think I'm gonna level as Shadow but I'll just do every instance once (for the quests) as holy.
23/10/2018 11:03Posted by Deveon
23/10/2018 07:26Posted by Stylopapi
Really? that seems weird. It would be logical that shadow and disc do way more damage than holy.

I think I'm gonna level as Shadow but I'll just do every instance once (for the quests) as holy.

Just do random dungeons. There are so much that u practically allways get a new one, and if u dont, u Will still get the xp bonus. At lvl 53 thats 50k xp if u complete it.
And yes, my experience is holy doing a better job the the other specs ( at this lvl, dunno if it stays like that. Shadow evolves around void form to much and thats not really nice for leveling, disc does lower dmg with Smite. The only upside on disc is u can pull alot of mobs at once, just dpsing and healing yourself. But holy more ore less does the same trick with the instant aoe heal for like 30/40 percent hp.
Yep, Holy is a bit faster at killing mobs one by one then Discipline, at least that's the case at lower levels.
How about aoe pulling? Does priest have any AOE nukedown at all for lvling in the open world?
24/10/2018 11:42Posted by Deveon
How about aoe pulling? Does priest have any AOE nukedown at all for lvling in the open world?

For Holy and Disc, AoE revolves entirely around Holy Nova spamming, with either Divine Star/Halo from lvl 90 talents thrown in.
For Shadow, it's more about multi-dotting, Void Eruption and Mind Sear, although you can get bit more AoE from Dark Void (lvl 45 talent) and Shadow Crash (lvl 75 talent).
None of these is what I'd call a nuke though.
1-85 holy
85-120 disc
24/10/2018 12:30Posted by Rainstorm
24/10/2018 11:42Posted by Deveon

For Holy and Disc, AoE revolves entirely around Holy Nova spamming, with either Divine Star/Halo from lvl 90 talents thrown in.
For Shadow, it's more about multi-dotting, Void Eruption and Mind Sear, although you can get bit more AoE from Dark Void (lvl 45 talent) and Shadow Crash (lvl 75 talent).
None of these is what I'd call a nuke though.

But holy Nova does few to zero damage, so its not really viable against more mobs. U Will die pretty quick.
25/10/2018 08:54Posted by Stylopapi
But holy Nova does few to zero damage, so its not really viable against more mobs. U Will die pretty quick.

I have never had problems of pulling several mobs and killing them with Holy Nova spamming. I've leveled this toon as Holy through both Legion and BfA with zero trouble, aside from my hand cramping from pressing Smite over and over again.