Disc with shadow word death?

Arenas
Ran into a priest that would break all traps/repentance 2-3 seconds after it hit. Looked like and sounded like shadow word death.

He would do it every 20 seconds so it was impossible to cc him.

I didn't know they still had this spell and even so why can it be cast 2-3 seconds after the cc lands?
it's called premonition and he has to press it before the CC lands, then after 1-2 seconds the animation goes off and it breaks trap / rep / poly etc.

you have to bait his premonition and then CC him
It's a Pvp talent: Premonition. It has a delay between the cast going of and the damage coming in.

They can't cast it while cced, you are just to predictable with your cc.
Start your cc chains with a stun then he cant avoid traps/repent or just fake it like prev said
22/10/2018 14:11Posted by Rychi

He broke it 2-3 seconds after rep landed he would literally sit in it and wait until he knew if he needed to break it or now. Same with trap.
22/10/2018 14:22Posted by Akiyuki
22/10/2018 14:11Posted by Rychi

He broke it 2-3 seconds after rep landed he would literally sit in it and wait until he knew if he needed to break it or now. Same with trap.

Why do you keep insisting?
People are telling you how it works and you keep insisting.
He has to do it before cc then the animation starts after he is cced and the cc breaks.
Don't be predictable with your cc, premonition is so easy to juke.
22/10/2018 14:30Posted by Omega
22/10/2018 14:22Posted by Akiyuki

He has to do it before cc then the animation starts after he is cced and the cc breaks.

Just ran into another one doing the same thing, rep, broken, trap broken then hoj which he trinketed away.
22/10/2018 14:34Posted by Akiyuki
22/10/2018 14:30Posted by Omega

Just ran into another one doing the same thing, rep, broken, trap broken then hoj which he trinketed away.

Can you read or is it too hard?
22/10/2018 14:34Posted by Omega

You're probably one of the rogues thinking the sap bug is not an actual thing and when a rogue does it in arena it's "skill"

Can you read or is too hard?
22/10/2018 14:05Posted by Akiyuki
it was impossible to cc him

it's possible, you just weren't able to

those are main differences

it's like this:
he sees you casting rep, he presses premonition hoping you're bad player who doesn't notice and doesn't cancel his cast, you land rep, the premonition damages him and breaks repentance

I usually don't say this, but it's L2P issue. You got upper hand in this, he can use premonition once every 12 seconds, you can fake cast him multiple times.

Also, have you tried using HoJ into Rep? He cannot cast it while CCed, much longer duration of CC on healer and he cannot prem it, don't you think that's better?
22/10/2018 14:52Posted by Akiyuki
22/10/2018 14:34Posted by Omega

You're probably one of the rogues thinking the sap bug is not an actual thing and when a rogue does it in arena it's "skill"

Can you read or is too hard?

Learn to play please.
22/10/2018 14:53Posted by Whisperer
it's like this:
he sees you casting rep, he presses premonition hoping you're bad player who doesn't notice and doesn't cancel his cast, you land rep, the premonition damages him and breaks repentance

Mate this is 1900 mmr the priests are not exactly gladiator level
I doesn't matter what he sees it like this it what happens on my screen.

I cast rep, he waits 3 seconds then breaks it, we trap him he sits another 2-3 seconds then breaks it again with this spell.

Idk if it's latency or w/e but he should have to cast it instantly the same time the cc hits.
22/10/2018 15:12Posted by Akiyuki
22/10/2018 14:53Posted by Whisperer
it's like this:

Mate this is 1900 mmr the priests are not exactly gladiator level
I doesn't matter what he sees it like this it what happens on my screen.

I cast rep, he waits 3 seconds then breaks it, we trap him he sits another 2-3 seconds then breaks it again with this spell.

Idk if it's latency or w/e but he should have to cast it instantly the same time the cc hits.

And you keep insisting, i hate this forum, people gently told you how it works, you don't want to listen/you can't read/you can't understand basic english.
22/10/2018 15:14Posted by Omega
And you keep insisting, i hate this forum, people gently told you how it works, you don't want to listen/you can't read/you can't understand basic english.

I don't need to prove anything to you i don't care.

Hopefully blizzard will look into this and fix it.
22/10/2018 15:22Posted by Akiyuki

There's nothing to fix, though. You're just getting outplayed over and over because neither of you try to fake Premonition or go the safe route of stun into trap/repentance.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=209780/premonition#comments

hope you can read.
Theres nothing to fix, it has to be done before he's in the CC (so you just have to fake-cast your repent).

It cannot be used while already in CC, stop being dumb.
You cannot press premonition whilst in CC, the damage of premo is delayed more than the damage of death was (Quite considerably actually) so it is a couple seconds after that the CC breaks.

HE HAS TO PRESS PREMO BEFORE YOU LAND THE REPENTANCE.

Here is what you do.

Start casting rep, he premos, stop casting rep, start casting rep, get cc.

Or you HoJ first and rep off like a normal person.

Wait... this is Akiyuki? In that case I'm not surprised he doesn't understand this, or that he hasn't noticed disc priests have had this ability for all of legion and BFA.

You're some kind of special animal ain't you.
The only thing that needs fixing is your brain here.
Jesus Christ just fake cast, man! He's using death to break CC as you use sacrifice. Nowadays paladins and warriors are crying because of everything, lol!