WoW Classic a.k.a Midlife Crisis for mmo players.

General
Every time I see people playing WoW Classic it looks like a bunch of 40 years old people having a midlife crisis and trying to relive their high school years again XD
It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. But you can guarantee when it launches (re-launches?) it will have a huge amount of interest from past and current players. How many actually stay long term remains to be seen.
I've been around for little more then a year, so never got to experience classic wow. Will i play it? Doubt it, i got way to many things i want to accomplish in the current game that will most likely keep me from spending time on classic wow.

I'm certain that nostalgia is a big reason for many people that want to play classic wow again, if that is a good or bad thing is really up to you.
11/11/2018 16:51Posted by Blinkrush
Every time I see people playing WoW Classic it looks like a bunch of 40 years old people having a midlife crisis and trying to relive their high school years again XD

And you'd be right. I will be playing classic to relive my teenage years of skipping classes because the run in Sunken Temple took 3+ hours. Good times.

Everyone grows old.
The anti-classic crowd is just the worst. They want to stop people from having fun at all cost.
Sounds about right.
Not surprised its people around that age. Game is 14 years old, I'm 36 myself. I'm assuming most are in their 30's.

That being said, I'm not too nostalgic about it. I'll play it now and then again, just to experience a bit more RPG mechanics and mostly for the better version of AV. :p
There is also a bunch of vanilla I wouldn't want in live.
Every time I see a troll post like that it looks like a 12 year old living through their school years.

Ecks dee.
That is very true :D
11/11/2018 17:09Posted by Beefbbq
The anti-classic crowd is just the worst. They want to stop people from having fun at all cost.

How I am stopping anyone from having a fun? I think you are a confused person with an invalid argument but keep telling yourself that people who don't like what you do are in the same time trying to stop you from having a fun when they say they don't like what you do.
11/11/2018 16:53Posted by Punyelf
it will have a huge amount of interest from past and current players. How many actually stay long term remains to be seen.

New players today are just going by word of mouth and "cool" videos backed by social streamers on how so much "better" it was than today's game.

But these new kind of players hate the very core of grinding, anything remotely difficult, and most certainly love LFG. Most of them can be found qqing on the forums about scaling and levelling taking so long, and mobs being so hard to kill and can't be one shotted. They complain about when group finder can't find them a group within 3 minutes.

I'm going to love it honestly... Classic will actually be everything they qq about in live except much much more grindy and time consuming.

So give them about a week, and they'll be back to retail.

The players who are more hardcore and may have played it in the past, will definitely probably keep progressing on it.
11/11/2018 17:17Posted by Brewny
Every time I see a troll post like that it looks like a 12 year old living through their school years.

Ecks dee.

Trolling 101: Troll by calling other people trolls while posting invalid things.

Ps. And you main hunter XD

This is exactly what I will be doing, and enjoying it thoroughly.

Can you see in the future? And what's with the derogatory attitude? People play what they want, when they want and why they want. I didn't play in vanilla, and I might give it a try out of curiosity if I have time - so what do I want to re-live? My country was communist back in my high school days, I can guarantee you I don't miss those times in the slightest (just for an idea, there was no internet, or generally any foreign entertainment allowed).

11/11/2018 17:18Posted by Blinkrush
I think you are a confused person with an invalid argument

And you brought...what arguments?
11/11/2018 17:20Posted by Tymaar
11/11/2018 16:53Posted by Punyelf
it will have a huge amount of interest from past and current players. How many actually stay long term remains to be seen.

So give them about a week, and they'll be back to retail.

[/quote]

It's a hype train and we all know how most of them end up xD

Why are you so scared of WoW Classic?

Scared it will be more popular than BFA?

Classic does not threaten your playstyle so just ignore it and go about your M+
11/11/2018 17:17Posted by Brewny

Ecks dee.

This one is probably just baiting, or just a kid with fear of the "repercussions" of a successfull classic ^^

Anyway, really sad to read a player that probably will suffer a lot aging beyond his/her 30´s. Gaming for him/her will be totally out of question with that age, since he/she will be dealing with middle age crise issues, covered with a blanket in his/her front porch while remember the gold days playing bfa and writting online. It´s just sad...
11/11/2018 17:29Posted by Saphiramoon

Can you see in the future? And what's with the derogatory attitude? People play what they want, when they want and why they want. I didn't play in vanilla, and I might give it a try out of curiosity if I have time - so what do I want to re-live? My country was communist back in my high school days, I can guarantee you I don't miss those times in the slightest (just for an idea, there was no internet, or generally any foreign entertainment allowed).

11/11/2018 17:18Posted by Blinkrush
I think you are a confused person with an invalid argument

And you brought...what arguments?

Where in my post i said that people shouldn't play WoW Classic? Another confused lad :(
Perhaps not 40, I’m just a little shy of 30 but you’re pretty much bang on. I’m looking forward to pretending to be 15 again.

Although I know without a doubt it won’t be the same.
excellent diagnosis professor