Uldir Trinkets

Battle for Azeroth Class Development
Don't know about the healers, Melee DPS or Tank trinkets. But for ranged DPS the uldir trinkets are heavily underperforming.

Is very unrewarding to get something like a Ghun trinket after finally getting Curve, and found out that is literally one of the worst trinkets in the game. Same with Mythraxes one and Thaloc one.

Devs keeps talking about "better" rewards from raiding than other content do to the difficulty of coordinating and putting toghether a raid, yet trinkets from WQs, World bosses and Dungeons are superior to anything from Uldir.

Without Tier Sets, and with the underwhelming raid specific azerite traits (only good inside uldir and you only need one as reorigination does not stack), I think buffing Raid Trinkets is a good way to keep Raiding relevant, or at least to not make it a down grade when you get a 385 - 370 trinket.
Wands and offhands from raids have not good stats for majority of rpds, traits that good for Uldir and not very good for other parts of the game, and trinkets... I got 390 raid trinket and it performs 30% less/worse than 355 world boss trinket both in ST and AoE situations. It's just... very bad and ALL raid trinkets NEED a BUFF.
11/10/2018 12:35Posted by Coolgroove
Wands and offhands from raids have not good stats for majority of rpds, traits that good for Uldir and not very good for other parts of the game, and trinkets... I got 390 raid trinket and it performs 30% less/worse than 355 world boss trinket both in ST and AoE situations. It's just... very bad and ALL raid trinkets NEED a BUFF.

The Dagger from zhul paired with the off hand from Mythraxes are not that bad (both give haste, and one crit and the other mastery), but Maybe is just good for affliction (not sure which stats other casters look for).

The staff that drops from G'huun is not super bad either, it has mastery and crit on it, would have preferred Haste instead of Crit but lets say is not the end of the world (At least for afflicion).

But regarding trinkets, they are incredibly underwhelming and super unrewarding when a 340 World quest Trinket can over perform over a 370 from last Raid boss of the tier, you got to admit you did something wrong balancing them out.
11/10/2018 15:01Posted by Zhorgar
The staff that drops from G'huun is not super bad either, it has mastery and crit on it, would have preferred Haste instead of Crit but lets say is not the end of the world (At least for afflicion).

Staves from Uldir are good, both of them. It's only main+offhand combos are lacking.

11/10/2018 15:01Posted by Zhorgar
But regarding trinkets, they are incredibly underwhelming and super unrewarding when a 340 World quest Trinket can over perform over a 370 from last Raid boss of the tier, you got to admit you did something wrong balancing them out.

True^
And needs changes/buffs!
I actually think uldir is awful for gear.

The weapons are bad, the azerite pieces, as someone else pointed out, are good in Uldir and pretty poor everywhere else. Unless we continue to pay a premium to respec them everytime we enter and leave uldir, or farm an extra set of the pieces. You know, grind a boss once a week.

This is why raiding is so frustrating these days. The only people who get gear upgrades (for the most part) are the ones who are undergeared and getting carried a lot of the time, and they're the same people preventing progress. Combined with the loss of master loot, raiding for gear seems like the worst possible end game way to get gear.
Wasted coin only to get His Noodly Appendage, its even heroic warforged.
And its literally the worst trinket for my spec, so now I am using it just to flex the highest IL when joining/making pugs.

Not only you can get same/better gear from M+ but most of the passive from trinkets and azerite gear is total piece of crap.
It was mentioned/asked today in the QA.... Ion answer was literally "is going to be improved in 8.1 tier"....

Same with warlocks and DK survavibility on PvP "look at the honor talents on 8.1 on the PTR".

Blizz stance right now seems to be "it will be done when 8,1 hits", as far as I am concerned 8.1 is at least 2 months away, it is definitely not acceptable to make "It will be better on tides of vengeance" the default answer to everything now.....
I simed my 370 uldir trinket with a loads of 340 myth trinket and most of them were barely worse and my 350 barny barnacle worse with like 1% dps... its funny that most of the uldir drops are trash.
It's funny to get coins for extra roll and not use them on raid kills but on m+ or on rataded-proof fights like world bosses. From my point of view the lack of secondary stats on azerite gear makes things even worst. Playing with <10% haste feels so bad that makes me want to swap higher gear for whatever crap I have that increase my haste...even if taht means a dps loss.
Still don't understand how they can't manage to hot fix this trinkets, all they need to do is buff them, so they are not a complete lose as they currently are, it is a quick hot fix that will grant blizz an easy "win" regarding Uldir content.