Boomkins are not broken btw (mega sarcasm)

Arenas
So yeah, boomkins are fine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K0xydGYgvs&feature=youtu.be

Seriously, what is this? yeah, Frigid Grasp x3 was broken af, but since you nerfed Comet Storm as well, most frost mages are starting to opt into Frostbolt style of play. This requires mages to cast in a game that already has so much instant cc and ways of interrupting. I just don't see why comet storm needed a hit as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the idea of "spell casting should be rewarding", but then a lot of changes need to be made to compensate for that, obviously. Like, what the hell is up with boomkins? (refer to the youtube clip).
lol rekt
no mercy for mages...
Starsurge should be 1.5s cast or something, maybe that'd destroy them completely though, but they do sooo much dmg with just instants.
I figured out what it is. Apparently, boomkins have some trait that gives them A LOT of int if they innervate someone else. This boomkin had well over 6k int on top of what he already had initially, popped incarn, and just a field day.

This !@#$ needs to get fixed ASAP.
If you see a full astral power bar and a buff called 'Incarnation: Chosen of Elune', you should consider applying crowd control to the moonkin, line of sighting the moonkin, or using a defensive cooldown in response to the moonkin.

If you wasted your crowd control/defensive cooldowns before the moonkins incarnation and you find yourself unable to line of sight due to bad positioning, you should consider changing your strategy against moonkins so you don't find yourself in this situation again in the future. I would advise getting an addon that tracks cooldown timers so that you have an easier time planning what to save your cooldowns for.

This doesn't apply only to moonkins, there are a few casters that have cooldowns that allow them to deal a high amount of damage in a short amount of time. CC is usually the best way to avoid this damage, but line of sighting can be equally as good. Defensive cooldowns should be a last resort.

Moonkins are in a very good place right now, and I would argue their biggest strength comes if you allow them to free cast cyclone/damage. Consider applying pressure to the moonkin so he/she is unable to stand still in the middle of the arena triple cloning your healer into triple clone on you to deny healing into root beam on healer into triple clone on healer.

I hope this helps you in your future games, good luck!
cdew has a boomkin and dh in his team, and will need to win the championships, so no nerfs until then.
11/10/2018 22:38Posted by Derplord
If you see a full astral power bar and a buff called 'Incarnation: Chosen of Elune', you should consider applying crowd control to the moonkin, line of sighting the moonkin, or using a defensive cooldown in response to the moonkin.

orly? next time imma use turtle on incarn instantly and what am i gonna do the other 22 seconds of incarn? (the case where i dont die right after he pops it)

Coachingkappa aside this guy is just a boomie main who tries to justify the retardness of his zzzZzzz insane skill spec but thats just my personal opinion c^:
12/10/2018 00:07Posted by Louschey
11/10/2018 22:38Posted by Derplord

orly? next time imma use turtle on incarn instantly and what am i gonna do the other 22 seconds of incarn? (the case where i dont die right after he pops it)

Coachingkappa aside this guy is just a boomie main who tries to justify the retardness of his zzzZzzz insane skill spec but thats just my personal opinion c^:
did you consider the other two options he provided you

are the goggles obscuring your female human's view?

are you telling me people can make it to 2.5k nowadays without even knowing when they're in danger?

i must be playing the wrong class, rerolling melee brb
12/10/2018 00:11Posted by Emberfall
12/10/2018 00:07Posted by Louschey

did you consider the other two options he provided you

are you telling me people can make it to 2.5k nowadays without even knowing when they're in danger?

maybe its just me being bad and that i fotm rerolled kappa when i die to ret or boomie in 1 global x)
<span class="truncated">...</span>did you consider the other two options he provided you

maybe its just me being bad and that i fotm rerolled kappa when i die to ret or boomie in 1 global x)
i feel like you realise that there is more truth in what you've just said than you're willing to show belief in on a public forum
Boomkin used innervate at the start on the healer who popped Galecaller's Boon for a ton of haste and just spammed heals in order to get intellect stacks for the boomy. He got 16 stacks in the video and combined it with troll racial, incarn and conch trinket, and killed the priest 100-0 with two starsurges and one instant lunar strike

This is the trait
Lively Spirit
When Innervate expires, your Intellect is increased by X for each spell the target cast using Innervate. Lasts 20 sec.

In case someone was wondering

I thought they hotfixed this but I guess not?
These two geniuses be like: Oh look a boomy/MW setup based around 3 min cds and traits. Let's go facetank the boomy after he pops everything.

As an aside, lively spirit should be nerfed in pvp. starsurge alone is fine. Enh still does more burst.
11/10/2018 22:10Posted by Mahoutsukai
I figured out what it is. Apparently, boomkins have some trait that gives them A LOT of int if they innervate someone else. This boomkin had well over 6k int on top of what he already had initially, popped incarn, and just a field day.

This !@#$ needs to get fixed ASAP.

They just nerfed iceform for frost mages that also gave a ton of intellect, if they will remain consistent they should then nerf that as well.
You can’t link a vid of some !@#$y boom kin one shotting a %^-*y healer and say a class is OP.
boomkins like any other class with there cds up do a lot of damage. LoS the boomkin and your good to go.

I love the autism that is at work here.
Without even going into whether boomkins are balanced or not, their current design is just objectively terrible. Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike do barely any damage compared to their instant casts like Moonfire, Sunfire and Starsurge.

This generators that do no damage -> spenders that do all of the damage system that most casters and specs like ret have is just cancerous for the PvP side of the game but since it doesn't really impact PvE that much it's unlikely to change.

That particular trait however is obviously retarded for PvP and could just be disabled in PvP for all the good it does.
12/10/2018 07:30Posted by Kelébra
You can’t link a vid of some !@#$y boom kin one shotting a %^-*y healer and say a class is OP.
boomkins like any other class with there cds up do a lot of damage. LoS the boomkin and your good to go.

I love the autism that is at work here.

No INSTANT spell should be able to hit for 60k...
Get rid of dark angel
Lol. ye think about comparing balance druids to destro warlocks.

balance druid is legit affliction and destruction warlock combined in 1 + hybrid heals.

so much for class fantasy hehe