my mental health > Your game.

General
one less elitist. one step closer to a good game.
15/10/2018 14:52Posted by Jito
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Tibia has.

I'll add Diablo II: LoD to that list.
17 years now and I still occasionally take that game for a spin.

I still play Heroes of Might and Magic 3 sometimes. It was released in 1999...

15/10/2018 14:56Posted by Abazul
one less elitist. one step closer to a good game.

Don't know why you would say that about Abacabb though. I disagree with him frequently, but one thing I can tell you is that he is more of a casual player than anything else.
^ is correct, if I'm elitist in any sense it's transmogs and battlegrounds.
15/10/2018 14:01Posted by Maloumnik
15/10/2018 13:13Posted by Yonrielle
But it should be pointed out that the context for one of the devs saying "My mental health > your game" was because people were being awful to them on twitter.

Whoever said this should be fired instantly because it clearly shows that he does not value this game/his job enough. This game is played by millions and is worth much more than his entire life so if he can't sacrifice that much and give his best to do it he should be working in a local bakery and not in a big company like blizzard.

WoW is a GAME and nothing more. To suggest that someone put this game, or any other, before their mental health is insane and heartless. No game, no matter how many play it, is worth someone's life. This dev should not be fired, you should be banned for your callous and harmful attitude. I really freaking hope you're a troll.
15/10/2018 15:24Posted by Lokirilian
WoW is a GAME and nothing more.

It's a game to you. To the developer it's their career, their passion, their duty. Beyond that, you're talking about someone who is so mentally weak that a simple tweet affects their mental health. If you're too weak to shrug off something like that how can you be intelligent enough to be a good game designer?
15/10/2018 13:49Posted by Jito
I've already stopped, just thought I might as well post on the forums until my game time runs out.

Again, why? I mean, if your interest in the game has already ceased, why not devote your time to something else at this point, something you enjoy?

I mean, you're basically spending time on a forum talking about a game you don't play, don't enjoy, and have no interest in. Why?!

I would never choose to spend my time on the sweater-knitting forums. Knitting sweaters is not something I would want to do, it's not something I would consider enjoyable, and it's not something I would have any interest in. So I obviously don't devote any time, resources, attention, thought or otherwise, to the sweater-knitting forums or anything related to that.

This "I might as well post" stems from what? What's the motivation behind that?

Bruh, are you acting or are you like this?

How can you even compare this to a knitting forum?

He has probably played this for a long time and really enjoyed the game at one point and is trying to get that back but each time he hopes for it to be better (closer to what it was when he enjoyed it more) they reduce the parts he enjoyed and implement more of what he dont.

Eventually you lose that hope since each update it gets further away from when it was fun.
15/10/2018 13:40Posted by Eulalia
this is the last xpack ever created.

i dunno about that i think there will be one more .. along the lines of a revamped WOTLK with that lichking blokey they keep referring too ..

but if that fails like this .. well.... it will be game over for sure for wow.

you need to realise a lot of the die hards quitting now are first time quitters .. and first time quitters are prone to return if they like something they see.

for the rest of us its far from our first time quitting and we given the game enough chances now .. not saying it is impossible to get us back either but it is much less likely.
Because we love our toons. We play this games since 15years (at least me). We love and breath this universe.

Leaving your last love, after ten years when she turns out like a crazed !@#$%, you try to first reason with her.

"Babe for god sakes lets go back to the beginning. Remember we love each other... thats what it matters! Lers talk it out what you want and I tell you what I want so we both can be happy..."
Then she shots ^-*!@es, cry, says its all your fault...
etc,etc.

there is no reasoning with a #$%^-.
So with sad broken heart you just leave...
But ita fking hard.

Don't compare this game of a beast to todays 15mins of fame game please just dont. in two three years fortine will be nowhere...

Altough I start to hope the same for this game too.
I so hate the people breaking Legion so much, omg I cant tell you!
You have to be an insane crazy self centered illogical group of persons breaking something like Leagion to belike this BigFkAss game.

Just hateful.

15/10/2018 13:21Posted by Jito
As campy as Devil May Cry can be at least it's fun to play, that's more than I can say for BfA at the moment.

Why are you still here then?

I once tried Fortnite. I didn't enjoy it, so I stopped playing it.

I didn't keep playing it, and I certainly didn't decide to spend a lot of time on the Fortnite forums telling everyone how much I didn't enjoy Fortnite.

I just stopped and spent my time playing other games, games that I do enjoy.

What is it with WoW that makes it capable of keeping people around who seemingly don't enjoy the game?

I shall never understand this mentality. It defies all logic to me.
Well, for the OP's own good, I hope they do Quit, and are not just bragging about it. It sounds like their issues need some professional attention, which most member states of the EU do provide as a free service, even if this comes down to just medication. It can help. I hope whatever it was about the game that caused you such mental distress that it caused you to write this post can be resolved.
Many of us are baffled by the choices they are making and the direction the game has taken.

Wish you all the best in your gaming adventures and better mental health :)
15/10/2018 13:07Posted by Abacabb
I'm not having fun anymore.

Although FUN was a planned feature of BFA, in the end we decided it didn't fit with our larger design philosophy so regretfully BFA was shipped without it.

Now shut up and go open your loot box, peon.
World of Warcraft is a skin for Devil May Cry.

Hey hey hey, let's be reasonable here. As campy as Devil May Cry can be at least it's fun to play, that's more than I can say for BfA at the moment.

But it should be pointed out that the context for one of the devs saying "My mental health > your game" was because people were being awful to them on twitter. Sure, you shouldn't be awful to people but if your mental health is affected by something as trivial as twitter then frankly how could you handle any job that comes with responsibility? The dev needs to grow a pair.

Going from BfA however, it seems that their drinking > our game because it would explain an awful lot of the intentional design decisions.

It's been scientifically proven many times over that emotional pain is processed by the same part of the brain that processes physical pain. In other words, if said developer gets day after day of !@#$ on social media it's the same feeling as the high school boy that gets beaten up by the cool kids every day (minus the physical trauma of course). After a certain amount of exposure you have to distance yourself from that kind of crap because if not yes, your mental and physical health will suffer.

If you don't like the game, give constructive criticism and deal with it until it gets changed to suit your tastes better or quit playing. Spouting verbal diarrhea on the internet has never made any game (or anything for that matter) better.
15/10/2018 16:56Posted by Gorkimorki
It's been scientifically proven many times over that emotional pain is processed by the same part of the brain that processes physical pain.

Which is immaterial. It's not a matter of feeling pain, it's what you do with it. You seem to want them to cower and cry like a child rather than be an adult and move past it.

In other words, if said developer gets day after day of !@#$ on social media it's the same feeling as the high school boy that gets beaten up by the cool kids every day (minus the physical trauma of course).

If only you could turn off social media. Beyond that, the developer is an adult not a child. If they can't behave better than a teenager why aren't they replaced?

After a certain amount of exposure you have to distance yourself from that kind of crap because if not yes, your mental and physical health will suffer.

But you can distance yourself from the worst things said on twitter by growing a spine and realising "Hey, this person is talking crap, I don't have to pay attention to what they said". There, this problem is solved in a single thought.
15/10/2018 13:39Posted by Saraana
15/10/2018 13:21Posted by Jito
Why are you still here then?

I once tried Fortnite. I didn't enjoy it, so I stopped playing it.

I didn't keep playing it, and I certainly didn't decide to spend a lot of time on the Fortnite forums telling everyone how much I didn't enjoy Fortnite.

I just stopped and spent my time playing other games, games that I do enjoy.

What is it with WoW that makes it capable of keeping people around who seemingly don't enjoy the game?

I shall never understand this mentality. It defies all logic to me.
Why must you react to eveery thread with your whiteknight posts
gibe mvp pleaze huehuehuehue
Jesus play if you like it don’t if you don’t, it’s not a hard concept.
So you have fun to wreck other people 1v1 to be unstoppable. I don’t judge you but I watched 1v1 and I saw same geared shaman , Elemental !!!, wrecking BM HUNTER . It’s all about how you play. And see this game as fun and relaxing part of you day . You pay for cable provider and there is gonna be same movies for a month even more . Game has to be available for evryone . Player base that plays this game full time like a job is small. People getting older havin less time to play, but they have more money, and they are the income of blizzard. If you have to beg your dad to let you using extra 50$ to boost character that’s for blizzard rng. But when you simply hit the shop button and buy what you need without thinking that’s what makes blizzard happy .
(minus the physical trauma of course)

I'd like to argue that your brain gets damaged. Not in the "hit to the head" way, but the connections in your head change (or start to falter) and that can actually make you dangerously depressed. But simple thoughts (words) can affect your health overall in many, many other ways, both good and bad.

It's sad that it is not recognized as physical trauma, which it is.

Just food for thought.

Anyway, I agree that it's sad to see a game that you have loved for so many years go down the drain (from the point of view of someone who thinks it does). Classic incoming, though. Can't wait to send my main back in time and make him young again, hopefully a little less nooby this time around :).
15/10/2018 18:21Posted by Vunde
I'd like to argue that your brain gets damaged. Not in the "hit to the head" way, but the connections in your head change (or start to falter) and that can actually make you dangerously depressed. But simple thoughts (words) can affect your health overall in many, many other ways, both good and bad.

It's sad that it is not recognized as physical trauma, which it is.

Just food for thought.

Couldn't you also argue the exact same thing, on the exact same grounds about the process of learning? Shall we shut down all the schools to save the childrens brains?
15/10/2018 13:41Posted by Saraana
15/10/2018 13:26Posted by Áranaría

Oh get over yourself and leave. Your incessant need to validate your negative views over and over again is proof you may not enjoy the game but that is not how others feel. As someone else pointed out if you don't like a game stop playing it rather than continue to be subscribed to stay here and moan even more.

Quite pathetic and sad really.
You don't have a voice on this, this is your main and you don't seem to do any bloody content at all, not even LFR

I have two former mains that I do not post on the forums with and I have done a lot your comment is on the basis of this my current main. If so your sorely mistaken. I can see you yourself have done a lot with the game and will not say otherwise but to go around saying someone has not done x y or z content is an indication of how good or crap they are is a poor way to determine it one of the reasons I am put off doing a lot of things is the toxic attitude shown by a lot of players in the game in PUG's and also in Raid Finder so I do not do them for that reason.

You may find that odd. But I do not come to play this game to then suffer abuse from strangers or people telling me how to play the game. I have over my life time done way more gaming wise BEFORE achievement systems in games like WoW came along. I am talking about 33 years of gaming experience here which was something I did way before WoW came along.

I regret to inform you your view on me is wrong and null and void and would suggest if you are going to slate complete strangers you should understand that it will get some people's backs up and you have with your comments directed at me.

Grow up I will do old and new content in my TIME not in yours and not in anyone else's time but to use that as a way to say I have no right to comment on a post because of my lack of experience in this game is both pathetic and out of order and it makes you look really stupid and incredibly toxic to interact with. Jog on.

And yes I will NOT respond to you going onwards you forum troll.
my mental health > Your game.

Its me in Legion after seen some weird guys in Q&A and they looks like on drugs.
wish you good luck