People are following Asmongold blindly

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Show me only one player who only does lfr, never did m+, never bought something on the AH, and he is full of 355 (or higher) titanforged LFR gear. You can't, therefore your non-existent problem is not an issue.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/arathor/Deinn

I have literally 4 LFR gear equipped out of 14 slots and none of them is titanforged, nor warforged, next?
... https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/arathor/Deinn

I have literally 4 LFR gear equipped our of 14 slots and none of them is titanforged, nor warforged, next?
2 welfare 370+ pieces, 355 titanforged ring from random heroic, 345 titanforged trinket from world quest. Basically all of your gear is warfroged-titanforged welfare crap.
21/10/2018 23:31Posted by Motörhaed
A game need to go forward to become bigger and succeed we can't go back to old things we need new things and i think blizzard is doing the right thing. Thank you if you read this post.

Agreed, except that the last 8 years show that it is not in fact becoming bigger. As a matter of fact, it is constantly shrinking if we ignore the 1-2 months that naturally follow after every expansion launch.

People are spamming blizzard on both the forums and twitter just because HE dosen't like the way blizzard is making the game.

I don't know if I should qualify this as some kind of silly patronizing of other people ("people that do not agree with me are clearly not capable of original thought, they must be blindly following some figurehead") or blatantly ignorant (Asmongold has what? 10000 followers? 20000? 50000? that's merely a drop in the ocean compared to the total number of subscribers, and the complaints related to the current expansion differ far too much to be attributed to him).

It is even unlikely that people start looking at a content creator and then blindly follow his or her ideas, whereas they would have "known better" should they have not followed anyone. It is far more likely that things are the other way around - people have set opinions on the game, and then follow content creators with more or less similar approaches.
22/10/2018 08:02Posted by Eulalia
knowing the fight and exactly what to do, but instead of helping out they go afk or mess around jumping, pulling extra packs etc.

"It's just LFR, no point being serious here, I'll get my loot anyway and let you noobs struggle, serves you right, haha!!"

Now, I really am not sure who you are suggesting those players are, because I'm positive they are not the elitists everyone hate, because we don't want to be in the LFR more than we should. For example (I still have 50 runes, so I hven't stepped into LFR yet), but during Legion, I was doing one thing. Tunnel the boss. I didn't care about mechanics or padding the meters. My entire goal was - kill the boss as fast as possible.
The people who you describe obviously are the typical LFR raiders, because this is what the difficulty teaches you. It tells you - you can afk or jump around, while the raiders carry, because the instance give exclusive consumables.
LFR doesn't teach you anything about the game. You go in, and you literally do nothing, because there are 5-6 HC/Mythic raiders carrying the whole thing for augment runes.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I have literally 4 LFR gear equipped our of 14 slots and none of them is titanforged, nor warforged, next?
2 welfare 370+ pieces, 355 titanforged ring from random heroic, 345 titanforged trinket from world quest. Basically all of your gear is warfroged-titanforged welfare crap.

You have issues with reading or you want to criticize people so much that you purposely ignore what i said just to make a false point? The guy was talking about LFR giving too good rewards. That's why i asked him (going to tell you again, maybe second time you will manage to understand) to show me someone who ONLY (which means nothing else, but i also said that) did LFR and has better gear than a normal raider.

My gear that i got from LFR is not better than what people get from normal raids. Therefore the "lfr rewards are too good" theory that was discussed a hundred times and proven false a hundred times is still false.
22/10/2018 12:01Posted by Deinn
... 2 welfare 370+ pieces, 355 titanforged ring from random heroic, 345 titanforged trinket from world quest. Basically all of your gear is warfroged-titanforged welfare crap.

You have issues with reading or you want to criticize people so much that you ignore what i said just to make a false point? The guy was talking about LFR giving too good rewards. That's why i asked him (going to tell you again, maybe second time you will manage to understand) to show me someone who ONLY (which means nothing else, but i also said that) did LFR and has better gear than a normal raider.

My gear that i got from LFR is not better than what people get from normal raids. Therefore the "lfr rewards are too good" theory that was discussed a hundred times and proven false a hundred times is still false.
You just didn't win in the titanforged lottery.

You have issues with reading or you want to criticize people so much that you ignore what i said just to make a false point? The guy was talking about LFR giving too good rewards. That's why i asked him (going to tell you again, maybe second time you will manage to understand) to show me someone who ONLY (which means nothing else, but i also said that) did LFR and has better gear than a normal raider.

You just didn't win in the titanforged lottery.

I'm still waiting for you guys to show me all those lfr raiders who have better gear than normal or even heroic raiders. I mean, you obviously have to know these people to claim that they exist.
Blizzard created classic right?

Blizzard of today and Blizzard of 14 years ago are two vastly different things.
Just because they made something good once doesn't mean everything they do now is good.

I think BfA has a lot of problems and I think the game as of the last several expansions has several problems aswell, most of which have to do with how easy gearing up and skipping earlier content is.

If you look back at classic/vanilla WoW towards the end of classic and before the expansion there were still people doing MC and BWL, it was not only people running AQ40 and Naxx.
Why is that? Because you were 40 people competing for 2-3 items per boss.
Because the catch-up mechanics in the form of ZG and AQ20 was not a 'free-pass' skip past all the content. It made the older content more relevant still and gave people a reason to keep doing it on alts or to help gear up new guildies.

If the new raid in the next patch is going to drop 370 gear, it COMPLETELY invalidates and removes Uldir. Why bother doing somewhat challenging content that requires a slightly, and in the part of G'huun, a very organized group if you can queue into content you can basically sleep or AFK through for the same 'power' of items?
One of the big problems with BfA and the game as of late is that it is too easy.
Now sure, there is challenging content, m+ can mythic raiding can push even the best players to their limits but why is litterally challenge removed for the average player?
A friend of mine who last played many expansions recently returned, he is not a raider and has done very little m+ with a +9 key being the highest he has completed so far, he already, this early into the expansion, skipped the timewalking stuff because doing 5x easy dungeons for normal Uldir loot is not worth his time, he's only sat foot in Uldir once and the content outside of mythic, which he can't get into, is basically outdated for him already.
My point is that it shouldn't be and it isn't healthy for the game long-term.
I agree and disagree. Blizzard should go forward with WoW, but BFA wasn't that.

If I were to look at Legion and BFA not knowing the chronological order I'd say BFA came first and then after learning from their errors they've created Legion which was amazing and extremely successful.

Sadly, it's the opposite. By the end of Legion they've figured out how to please most of the players, they've implemented many new systems that people actually did and liked doing because it was worth it.

Then we got BFA, which is basically a Legion with every reward nerfed to the ground, 200 times more grind for much worse rewards, only features are niche grindy crap etc.

Blizzard should move forward, but BFA is a stepback.
Blizzard honestly should not listen to these people they don't make up the whole player base, if i would think about it they are probably about 1 to 5 procent of the players in WoW.

You don't know this by any means. This about as viable as me saying 95% of the playerbase are subscribed to Logan Paul (which I hope to god isn't actually the case).

Blizzard shouldent listen or take their behavior they should start giving out bans in my opinion. The things that Asmongold want and are demanding is just ridiculous.

"Ban everyone that doesn't agree with me", well that's a good thing to say to gain support.. not. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean other people don't.

LFR is importent to the game today since there are a lot of new players joining and they NEED a way to start to undestand the game

Couldn't disagree more. You don't go to a raid to learn your rotation or game basics. You have target dummies, dungeons and solo content for that. Raids are supposed to be endgame challenging content.

We will see people leaving after 1 or 2 days of playing because they think it's to complicated

Never was an issue before LFR came along and the game was much more complex back then. And the game most certainly isn't complicated in the slightest now, quite the contrary. It's dumbed down beyond all sense of reason.

I wish the rolling system came back into raids tho

I wish you lost your posting rights.

A game need to go forward to become bigger and succeed

Exactly, which is why things like LFR that have no role other than being a free loot piñata and discouraging people from caring about mechanics or improving their own gameplay should be in the trash can where they belong.

LFR doesn't help anyone with anything and saying "oh I have no time" is nothing more than a pathetic excuse. Raid lockouts are personal now below mythic. Go in, do as much as you have time to do, then resume some other time with a different group. It's both faster and smoother than LFR 90% of the time.
If the 1.7 number is to be believed, Blizz has turned WoW from their most successful IP to one of their least successful ones.

HS and OW make way more money and don't require nearly as many people dedicated to curating the game, the communities of these games are also pretty satisfied with their respective games, atleast compared to WoW...

Blizz doesn't care about WoW anymore because it's not supposed to grow, it's supposed to stagnate slowly with the minimal amount of efford put into it. Asmongold cares, that's the big difference. Yeah he is retarded and has low IQ viewers but he cares, that's more than I can say about Blizz.

BFA is bad, that makes the current state of WoW bad. If Asmongold advocates for changes to help the game I don't see the problem.
22/10/2018 12:31Posted by Murdash
If I were to look at Legion and BFA not knowing the chronological order I'd say BFA came first and then after learning from their errors they've created Legion which was amazing and extremely successful.

This must be one of the best statements I have read on these forums, I never actually had the thought myself. most of BfA felt like a cooked down Legion to me, but I never had the idea to "see" it the other way around.

As for the topic: I dislike Asmongold and that tweet was like the moment I thought to myself "damn I agree with that dude"... still I am not following him while I do share his opinion.
Can people stop to try to invalidate the complaints.
Would it really hurt the game for those currently satisfied if some of the changes people ask for come into play? Like improved Islands and Azerite?

The entire titanforging and lfr topic is starting to be boring at best.
I find it kinda sad tbh if your dissatisfaction to the game comes from "someone else got something (and I didn't)" -> Envy is a bad motivator.
If your reasoning is "they don't deserve it" it's still envy behind it because it annoys you that someone else got something for less effort put into it, which might lessen your very own personal achievments. I might be missjudging here though (leaning abit far out of the window maybe :))
I was ready to give the OP an upvote after reading the title but oh... the poor reasoning that followed was about as good as the very second post in this discussion:
21/10/2018 23:34Posted by Versorius
Yawn.

Very informative. And now to the winner:

21/10/2018 23:40Posted by Ájmage
Asmongold could turn this piece of crap into an epic game in a heartbeat

21/10/2018 23:42Posted by Motörhaed
Why do you play it then ?

Not to mention the space before the question mark.
The truth is like him or not Asmondgold

BFA sucks everyone can agree there so pointing out how bad it is hoping for improvements is one option to make it better.

we just want a challange that has guarenteed rewards rather than grinding for rolls on random loot.

Right now everything is pointless and meaningless if somone has good gear it means he got lucky and being lucky isnt as good a feeling as earning somthing through skill and hard work.

Being unlucky means skill and hard work = nothing and people quit.

The game is in a real bad place
People are spamming blizzard on both the forums and twitter just because HE dosen't like the way blizzard is making the game.

Don't be so ridiculous. Lots of people are critical of BfA and many have been vocal all on their own.
assmonbald cant even unsub constantly deflecting people who ask him to unsub .. they are right though he needs to unsub to make a change happen .. he is doing nothing but baiting negativity for views .. he denies this .. but its obviously truth no one releases a video like he does then uturns on his position a few days later on live stream .. the guy is a con artists its about time people woke up to his bull!@#$...

hes no more the 'ONE'' than i am resubbing

i have this to say to assmonbald..

stop deflecting and unsub or you will just look like a idiot. simple as that.

if he didn't want people calling him to unsub he should of just kept his mouth shut and never got involved in any of it. but its obvious he wanted this for the easy views ... for example i wouldn't watch his !@#$ty content at all if he was not being negative about bfa..
Why not instead of warforged/titanforged have gear in LFR/NM/HC drop at a maximum of 5 ilvl under the above raid difficulty? Tbh, I don't see the enjoyment in getting NM+ gear in LfR.

I myself, and my alts, just ran LfR in Legion for transmog gear, but that's about it. And I never actually redid bosses if I didn't need their gear.

That being said, I never treated anyone there bad, or I don't think anything bad about people with less experience in the game than me (or even I don't think anything of people that are better, good for them, I also have a job and need to be good at that, that's what pays me right?).

Only good thing about this Azerite Armor stuff is that I don't need to do LfR any more for transmog tier sets. I don't miss the environment, I do get the "gear" argument, but the reason LfR is messed up is because of people who feel the need to insult etc. players that are using LfR what is was meant for.

I would suggest that any bonus stuff (like at the end of Legion, where you could upgrade your legendaries with), keep that from dropping in LfR, or whatever you need to do to stop these people from entering LfR.
22/10/2018 13:57Posted by Kudir

I would suggest that any bonus stuff (like at the end of Legion, where you could upgrade your legendaries with), keep that from dropping in LfR, or whatever you need to do to stop these people from entering LfR.
The problem is that is the precise reason Blizzard added Runes to the loot in LFR.
No Heroic or Mythic raider would do LFR or care one bit about it if it did not drop anything useful and it is very much intended to bring those people into LFR on Blizz's side to make sure those people make up for the duds that are bound to be in a group of 25 people from LFG.

Like it or not but those things are in the Loot table to attract people who massively overgear lfr to carry.
Tbh you're clueless lol. If u're a vanilla player then how are you okay with what's goin on with wow? And please dude, game to get bigger? Can't u notice how smaller it's getting year by year lol.. the RNG system sux, this is asmongold's main point and I can't see why people wouldn't support that
People are spamming blizzard on both the forums and twitter just because HE dosen't like the way blizzard is making the game. I honestly think its wrong!

As opposed to what? There is only two options here. Not liking the direction the game was taking and liking it. So basically you're saying that people should agree with you and not the other side, while also claiming that people "aren't thinking for themselves".

What utter nonsense.