They are buffing shadow HAHAhahah

Arenas
Voidform increases spell damage by 20% (up from 10%)
Insanity drain increase per second in Voidform reduced by 15%
Void Bolt Insanity generation increased by 25%

Dispersion’s damage reduction has been increased to 75% (up from 60%). We agree that because it comes with the penalty of not being able to cast spells, it deserves to be stronger. Additionally, it now increases movement speed by 50%. (HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA)
A new talent Intangibility replaces Mania (which was similar to and far less popular than Body and Soul), and reduces Dispersion’s cooldown by 25% and causes it to heal you for 50% of your maximum health over its duration.

Shadowform's 10% physical damage reduction was intended to feel like a bonus to Shadowform, but instead felt like a penalty to Voidform, since you lose that defensive benefit going into Voidform.

We’re replacing this bonus from Shadowform with the Focused Will passive (which the other two Priest specs already have), causing melee abilities and attacks to reduce all damage taken by 15% for 8 sec. (hahahahahaHAHAHHA)

Hallucinations (the PvP talent) is becoming a baseline passive, and allows your successful Dispel Magic, Mass Dispel, Purify Disease, Vampiric Embrace, and Power Word: Shield casts to generate 6 Insanity (same amount per cast as your filler, Mind Flay).

Mind Bomb and Psychic Scream now take 40% longer to break from damage.
Void Torrent generates 30 Insanity over its duration and deals 20% increased damage. Additionally, no longer requires Voidform to cast, so you can choose to use it on a priority damage target at any time.
Lingering Insanity fades every 3 sec instead of every 2 sec.
Surrender to Madness cooldown reduced by 33% and penalty duration reduced by 50%.

hahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahha is this a joke or what ? HAHAHAHAH I EXPECTED A NERF NOT A BUFF HAHAHHAA
In PvP these changes are likely to make Shadow Priest overpowered if Blizzard don't address the Edge of Insanity PvP talent. And I don't understand why they haven't decided to do that.

Shadow Priest desperately needed changes in PvP - mechanical changes! Not changes to make them twice as tanky as they already are.

Bad Blizzard. Also from a PvE perspective, I don't approve of the sum of these changes. Hopefully there's more to come, because this is not good.

I don't want Shadow to be overpowered, I want it to be fun.
As a Shadow/Holy priest I like these changes. :)
It will go live, and then first after two months (edit: patch 8.2) they will say "oh, maybe we buffed them too much", and then nerf them with a small nerf of 5% dmg on dots. Blizzard being Blizzard, nothing new.

Enjoy 99% sp+boomies in 3v3.
Should just bring back 3 orb dp that !@#$ was so fun
Guess it's time to reroll.
If they remove Edge of Insanity I can somehow accept these changes if not. I'm glad I leveled my alt priest one week ago xD
those are just generic class changes, they can always fine tune PvP damage separately
23/10/2018 08:00Posted by Devilbill
those are just generic class changes, they can always fine tune PvP damage separately

Thy never do it properly though...
Edge isn't fun to play or play against. It's getting removed.

Also the focused will change works in vf too.

Interested to see what the two new talents that replace it and hallucinations will be.
Uhh, it looks like spriests will be gods. o.O
Looks like they try to make voidform more rewarding. So Shadows wont sit in Shadow Form all game and be a viable target. Ut will open up a lot of switch potentian on the Shadow priest. And lets be honest, Shadow dmg is just really Bad. And if he decides to not use voidform (the Part that gets buffed) they still so !@#$ dmg.
those are pve changes.
pvp changes prolly will be later or soon to come. Stop crying.
Shadow needed defensives buffs in a milennia since years, the insult that was 60% Dispersion is a joke with a Spec that has so little defensives left, atleast it was tolerable with the healing Trait in Legion.

This wont make Voidform much more interesting though unfortunately, will end up just getting 24/7 los'd when its up.

And people really think Edge of Insanity will stay after Spriests gets these changes?
Is haste/versa gear good for shadow? Asking for a friend.
Bow to your SP overlords
23/10/2018 12:00Posted by Bumkin
Is haste/versa gear good for shadow? Asking for a friend.

pretty much best stats. if he can stack up to 20% versa/haste its amazing. Mastery after that and crit is kinda meh.
23/10/2018 08:39Posted by Fajafajta
those are pve changes.
pvp changes prolly will be later or soon to come. Stop crying.

ye just like the enha shaman buff right?
They are nerfing Disc priests, so why make them reroll? Just change spec, same result!
23/10/2018 05:40Posted by Teriahx
Psychic Scream now take 40% longer to break from damage.

This better be for shadow only, Disc does not need this.