Not enjoying dungeons this exp.

Dungeons & Raids
Somehow I am not enjoying mythic+ this expansion. I did it quitte alot in Legion and found it fun but the bfa dungeons are more annoying than fun. I dont really know why. Maybe too many mechanics and too much trash? Cant really put my finger on it. What is your experience?
M+ burned me out pretty fast because in 7.1 and 7.2 of Legion I spammed them pretty frequently. Didn't really do more until 7.3.5 and now in BfA.

It is true BfA dungeons are more trash packed and tight-knit that Legion I believe. Certainly far more trash.

Maybe you just need a little break from M+ in general?
I find most of the dungeons in BfA not so fun too for the reason that the trash in the dungeons have too much mechanics resulting in small pulls. I did 700-800 M+ runs in time before ToS hit (9 months of M+) and then I had to quit WoW for a year for personal reasons. I came back to WoW and when BfA hit I had about 1k runs done in time. I absolutely loved M+ in Legion because it was possible to do insanely big pulls and the only thing you had to look out for was the interrupts when doing those insane pulls.

What I enjoy in M+ is the part where I can compete vs myself and others in DPS and performance overall (dodging !@#$, interrupts etc.) but now because on most weeks you can take only like max 2 packs at a time there really isn't much room to compete vs myself because the pulls are always the same. The only variance between the pulls really is whether the tank can handle the damage or he pulls something stupid or someone ninjapulls some extra mobs resulting in a wipe which does not depend on me.

There are two dungeons that are really Legion-like (and really fun) atm and those are Freehold and ML. In both you can do bigger pulls and have a lot of room to work with. In those two dungeons a succesful run mainly relies on interrupts and nuking the trash down quick instead of doing small pulls and cc'ing that one or two mobs that are hard to deal with.

The bosses for M+ are fine atm but some could be harder.

The inconsistency of the affix combinations is something that I think needs to be looked at but the affixes themselves are fine excluding sanguine and Infested. I think it's pretty dumb that the pools are the same size in Waycrest Manor as they are in FH for instance. Infested is really dull affix since it doesn't really result in anything else but smaller pulls and slowing the run down. Yeah it's supposed to make it harder to do the dungeons in time but it's really !@#$ing boring. I find the affixes this week fun because even when doing those "one pack pulls" theres something extra to do instead of brainlesly DPSing; killing orbs. I find explosive extremely fun affix as it adds certain "chaos" to the pulls.

The meta right now is retarded in M+ because every group at higher keys have this setup; DK/DH/Monk tank, Monk/Druid healer, Frost mage and rogue as DPS and the 3rd DPS slot is usually for Boomie, DH or a Warlock.
Right now I'm at 1,2k score on my warrior but I had to reroll DH because the higher keys I try to pug the harder it is to get into groups. With not getting into groups I don't mean like having to spend 15min signing up into groups. I mean 1h-1h30min (some times I just give up) of signing up for groups. To this someone is going to say "Why don't you make your own group?". Well the problem is that people literally leave after seeing that there is a warrior in the group and I'm not even joking. https://imgur.com/a/EalZdYU This is one example what happened to me the other day. I hope Blizz does something to this "meta problem" and quick.
bfa dungeon are not enjoyable compared to legion and with every week new affix bugs (ex explosive) or uncounted problems like overtuning (ex fortified bolstering ) it becomes unbearable . these make me lose interest to m+ and game overall.
Wauw Goriel, great explanation! That pretty much sums it up for me!
The biggest difference between BFA and Legion dungs is that trash actualy matters now. On the other hand, most bosses are rly ez, even on tyranical.

In legion the highest m+ lvl were capped around the Boss one - shotting mechanics. If u could survive Hyrja (hov), Lady (EoA) or etc... u could time the dungeon. Bfa is more about : do i have enough cc for 4 infested, so i can do this in 2 pulls and not 4?

Theres lots of mobs with difficult mechanics and u need alot more cc than in legion, but most of the cc were nerfed to the ground. Also the infested affix makes u waste alot more time on trash. We will see what the next season affix gonna do.

I dont dislike the current dugeons, but they are anything top either. The most annoying are the buggs that are still in game after 2 months (and 6 months of beta). Depleting key coz the !@#$ing boss random reset or trash get pulled from underground by aoe, thats not fun. Cant wait to see how they gonna deal with it in Blizzcon and MDI

The meta right now is retarded in M+ because every group at higher keys have this setup; DK/DH/Monk tank, Monk/Druid healer, Frost mage and rogue as DPS and the 3rd DPS slot is usually for Boomie, DH or a Warlock.
Right now I'm at 1,2k score on my warrior but I had to reroll DH because the .

Every tank except prot warr and guardian is viable for high m+. Also every healer except Rsham is pretty close to each other (not on grivious), although i know few rshamms that did 17+ keys.
The only real meta is the rog, coz is just too broken (even more than in legion). U need shroud in pretty much every dungeons, since dead skip is a waste of time. + Insane cc (which u need on infested) and insane dmg + magic immunity for soaking.
The second best class is probably DH, but it isnt needed. btw The highest team is playing rog/hunt/dh
Every tank except prot warr and guardian is viable for high m+. Also every healer except Rsham is pretty close to each other (not on grivious), although i know few rshamms that did 17+ keys.
The only real meta is the rog, coz is just too broken (even more than in legion). U need shroud in pretty much every dungeons, since dead skip is a waste of time. + Insane cc (which u need on infested) and insane dmg + magic immunity for soaking.
The second best class is probably DH, but it isnt needed. btw The highest team is playing rog/hunt/dh

Oh yeah I forgot to include hunter in that list.

What you say about the healers I do agree with that but lets be real here. Pugs always want to take a druid or monk.

Right now what's kinda pissing me off is the fact that people often choose the class instead of the player. It's not rare that someone forming a pug group opts to take like 200 score worse player just because he's playing the class/spec that they think is the thing that the group needs. Just so happened the other day when I was gearing up my DH and was going to do a level 7 ML. The leader decided to take frost mage with 600 score over a hunter with 800 score. The mage ended up body pulling 3 extra packs one of which ended up wiping the group.

Groups that do over level 15 keys are almost always premade, if not fully then at least some of the players know each other already and often opt to take the player instead of the class as they rely on that player and their skill with the class which I think is the right thing. I really wish this was the case with pugs too but no :(
I did lots and lots of m+ in Legion, it was a bright spot of the expansion.

Now, I find the current dungeons more painful, than fun. They basically took the least fun dungeon, Black Rook Hold, and used it as the model for all BFA dungeons, and made the trash more annoying/strong/powerful. I hardly remember boss fights anymore, as they are relatively easily managed.
28/10/2018 13:49Posted by Goriel

Oh yeah I forgot to include hunter in that list.

What you say about the healers I do agree with that but lets be real here. Pugs always want to take a druid or monk.

Right now what's kinda pissing me off is the fact that people often choose the class instead of the player. It's not rare that someone forming a pug group opts to take like 200 score worse player just because he's playing the class/spec that they think is the thing that the group needs. Just so happened the other day when I was gearing up my DH and was going to do a level 7 ML. The leader decided to take frost mage with 600 score over a hunter with 800 score. The mage ended up body pulling 3 extra packs one of which ended up wiping the group.

Groups that do over level 15 keys are almost always premade, if not fully then at least some of the players know each other already and often opt to take the player instead of the class as they rely on that player and their skill with the class which I think is the right thing. I really wish this was the case with pugs too but no :(

Well lets be honest, everyone will always take a OP class if he can. Ur talking about taking player, not class, but that works only when u know them personaly. RIO doesnt rly mean much, especially when u get same score, no matter which affixes.

As i said i knew few rshams that did +17s, but when we got grivious last week i just have to decline him, since wm is 100x better, the skill doesnt matter.

Or lets say u got a rly good friend that plays Boomy, but u just cant take him, coz u wanna go SotS and u need kick, since u already took 2 ranged. Class wil always matter.

It seems like u guys kinda hate pugs, but its just all about how u work around it. I have been pugging since M+ started (and yea i slowly builded score and get some decent players into FL) and i have been in top 50 every season.

Even now im causaly doing +16-17 pugs and if they are decent, we time it. But thats probably coz im tanking and as tank u got a control of the flow in dungeons (atleast alot more than dps or heal)
Goriel, what you said in the first post sums it up perfectly for me.
Blizzard needs to acknowledge that doing big pulls doesnt mean game is easy. Its all about how coordinated your group is and how well you can manage a big pull.
Also, doing big pulls isnt easy since there is progressive difficulty while talking about m+ (gettting harder by the key). You will once hit the wall and not be able to pull as much as you could, for example, on 15.

Legion dungeons were perfect. They had pace, and that was the best thing about them.
And now, I only get this feel when playing Freehold, and only at certain affixes. Other than that, I literally dont enjoy anything else. They are way too slow.
MoP and WoD challenge modes were probably the best 5 man content game has made, and Legion dungeons modified them in a very good passion.
And now, they are not fun. Plain and simple, BfA dungeons arent fun.
I like how sometimes trash has more mechanics than the boss, makes the whole dungeon feel relevant not just pull half the instance and AoE.

I personally find these more fun than legion.
Affixes should be more fun.

Maybe they should reduce one Affix. So you have:
-Tyrann./Forti.
-random
-Saisonal

and not double random. They can go higher with Health.

Actually, i am annoyed of M+. One 10er per Week and i am done...I am sad about the game.
dunno for me mythic + were never really that fun to begin with .

i do have sort of respect for you people for runing the same instances 100 + times. or 500 + times -_-