Is it possible to betray your faction?

New/Returning Player Questions & Guides
Hello!

I have a tauren friend who wants to play with me but is very adamant about playing Tauren. That got me thinking, if he was is Elwynn Forest, could he kill some stuff or do some quests to build up reputation with Goldshire, Stormwind or the Alliance in general to "betray" the horde and "join" the Alliance?
There is no such possibility in the game as it stands right now.
Good idea but no.

Play on same faction from start.
That's a good idea actually!
I have an orc friend who's in the same boat. He's not at all happy with the direction that Sylvanas has taken the Horde, but he's wedded to the Horde and doesn't really see what he can do about it.

Well he's rotting in a Stormwind jail now, the dirty traitor. To think I once called Saurfang friend.
Sadly, no. Not even with Orb of deception. I agree it would be something immersive to explore. Though I think most citizens would object.
Tauren on the Alliance would be a bad idea anyway. Can you imagine all the accidental Gnome stomping incidents in those narrow Stormwind and Boralus alleyways? Innkeepers whose doorways would be permanently damaged from all the Tauren trying to get inside? Cowpats on every street and that's already a problem with all the horse mounts running around. And have you SEEN the size of those totems they carry around?!

No thanks, no Tauren on the Alliance. It's not a good fit, literally and figuratively!
yes. let them stomp on those greedy goblins instead.
05/11/2018 17:42Posted by Zaxithorne
Can you imagine all the accidental Gnome stomping incidents in those narrow Stormwind and Boralus alleyways? Innkeepers whose doorways would be permanently damaged from all the Tauren trying to get inside? Cowpats on every street and that's already a problem with all the horse mounts running around. And have you SEEN the size of those totems they carry around?!

hmm, feels like a human in Asia.... or wait, it's Asians who are humans, not me?

198cm, 115kg
While an opposing player cannot readily attain positive reputation with opposing factions, one may sabotage battleground efforts, to give the opposing faction a better chance.

But that is treasonous actions and is wrong on all levels.