Mythic Uldir Lockouts?

Dungeons & Raids
Hi, so yesterday we got xrealm mythic uldir. So I did Taloc.
But now it says that I'm locked for every boss in the raid on mythic? how come?
Because that's how mythic ID's work. Once you get locked to an ID, you cannot join any other ID. The group in your ID finished up the rest of the bosses without you, so your ID is now empty.

You cannot jump between groups on mythic difficulty.
Oh, ty for the reply.

But what about next week?
Next week you're clear and can run Mythic whoever you want to run it with.
tytyty
08/11/2018 15:26Posted by Jerby
Because that's how mythic ID's work. Once you get locked to an ID, you cannot join any other ID. The group in your ID finished up the rest of the bosses without you, so your ID is now empty.

But if the group didn't make any other boss, and your lockout is still on Taloc only. Can you build a group yourself and use your ID to finish other bosses left ?
08/11/2018 20:14Posted by Gnømaestro
08/11/2018 15:26Posted by Jerby

But if the group didn't make any other boss, and your lockout is still on Taloc only. Can you build a group yourself and use your ID to finish other bosses left ?

Would like to know that too
08/11/2018 20:14Posted by Gnømaestro

yes.
It works like this:

Your group enters the raid with the ID 669
You kill Taloc, which locks everyone in the raid to ID 669
Then the group disbands

If anybody now decides to build a new group and goes in, he will come back into ID 669, which his entire group has to accept. They then proceed where the previous group left off.
If they then kill Mother, mother will be marked as defeated for everybody associated with the weekly ID 669.

---------------------
For arguments sake lets say you have killed taloc with 5 people
The list for people inside ID 669 looks like this then:

ID: 669
Bosses defeated: Taloc
List of players:
1. XXXXX
2. XXXXY
3. XXXYY
4. XXYYY
5. XYYYY

Now XXXXX goes in with 4 different people and kills mother. Now it looks like this:

ID: 669
Bosses defeated: Taloc, Mother
List of players:
1. XXXXX
2. XXXXY
3. XXXYY
4. XXYYY
5. XYYYY

6. ZZZZZ
7. ZZZZA
8. ZZZZB
9. ZZZZC

Then their group disbands again. The next day however XYYYY decides that he wants to make a group and kill mother. This however will not work. Because at this point his ID has been modified to have mother marked, even though he did not kill mother himself.
So it is not about you as an individual how many bosses you killed, but about how many bosses have been defeated within that weeks lockout in that ID that is associated to your name.
Thank you for the reply, i get it now. :-)
Hello there. So I was wondering, I've killed Taloc on Mythic and got assigned a raid ID. Now I wanted to go next day an kill Mother, but couldn't enter an instance - saved.
So I went ahead and checked my raid ID status, and Mother is still alive and well on my ID. So even if i have Mother alive on my raid lockout i cannot join another raid lockout with same progress as mine ?
09/11/2018 12:17Posted by Oneillia
Hello there. So I was wondering, I've killed Taloc on Mythic and got assigned a raid ID. Now I wanted to go next day an kill Mother, but couldn't enter an instance - saved.
So I went ahead and checked my raid ID status, and Mother is still alive and well on my ID. So even if i have Mother alive on my raid lockout i cannot join another raid lockout with same progress as mine ?

That is correct. The other raid has another ID (unless their leader was with your group yesterday).
09/11/2018 12:17Posted by Oneillia

You should be able to do mother, if you make the group. Worked for me.
I actually have exactly same problem.
Our guild formed a group, we killed Taloc and then we went for Mother, unfortunately after 3 attempts, a lot of people had to go so we disbaned our group and didn't even kill her.
I wanted to pug mother so I could get her today, but when I wanted to enter instance it said "You are already locked to Uldir (Mythic)". I think it didn't tell me this like a week or so ago. No idea why lol
11/11/2018 15:53Posted by Zmatureeno
I actually have exactly same problem.
Our guild formed a group, we killed Taloc and then we went for Mother, unfortunately after 3 attempts, a lot of people had to go so we disbaned our group and didn't even kill her.
I wanted to pug mother so I could get her today, but when I wanted to enter instance it said "You are already locked to Uldir (Mythic)". I think it didn't tell me this like a week or so ago. No idea why lol

If you make the group, you should be able to continue. It worked for me. But IDK
Yeah, you can continue with the ID as long as you're the leader. But you can't join anyone else's mythic group. I feel like this has been explained in length and detail in this thread already so if anybody is still confused: pay attention to the posts above.
Mythic uses the same raid lockout system, that was present in vanilla, tBC and WotLK. So when you kill the first boss (or enter an instance with a boss killed) you'll get locked to the instance (get id). This is the reality for the rest of the week = anyone with the same id will have the instance in the same state, including people inside; so that only 20 people can be inside with the same id at any given time (no matter how many groups they form)