AH Prices make no sense.

General
I know its been like this for years but its just so unrealistic, and imo ruins the whole crafting experience of the game.
Crafted items either sell for less or next to no real profit over their Material cost to make the item.

For example the Panther Mounts from Mop JC.
I use Alchemy Transmutation to make the Living Steel bars, From Trillium Bars i also make myself.
I buy the Ghost iron and Spirits from AH.
The orb cost cannot be avoided at 20k.
And the Gems needed i also craft using alchemy transmutation because on the AH each gem ranges between 300-700 gold each which is ridiculous, when one Golden lotus is about 140g and a Common gem can be brought for about 5g each.

This all totals to 31,000g to craft. The price they sell for on AH is 33,000g a massive 2,000g profit... The only way you could save more money is if you went out and farmed all your own golden lotus and all your own Motes of harmony which imo wouldn't be worth it because your now eating up all your game time farming instead of playing.

Another point to add to this is Jewled Onyx Panther that requires x4 of the above panthers to be combined would cost a minimum of 125,600g to craft. Yet they are selling for 108,000g
How, and Why is this so messed up?

Same with Bfa Enchants, i switched to enchanting for bfa because i wanted a change, however even with the rank 3 ring enchants, the material cost comes to round about 3700g the enchants only sell for around 4000g.
300g is pretty lame profit imo, and considering how many are on ah they hardly sell very quick either. If you want them to sell you need to be constantly re posting your auctions every half hour realistically.

Iv always liked the idea of being a crafter because it just feels more rewarding using materials to make something that other players can use, but actual gold earned makes me think why bother? From my experience this scenario is pretty much the same across the whole board.

*Note* If you was to buy the gems needed for the panthers on the ah the cost to make ONE normal panther would be 42,400g meaning a net loss of 9,400g per mount...
Farm everything = 13,000g profit.
I know its been like this for years but its just so unrealistic, and imo ruins the whole crafting experience of the game.
Crafted items either sell for less or next to no real profit over their Material cost to make the item.

For example the Panther Mounts from Mop JC.
I use Alchemy Transmutation to make the Living Steel bars, From Trillium Bars i also make myself.
I buy the Ghost iron and Spirits from AH.
The orb cost cannot be avoided at 20k.
And the Gems needed i also craft using alchemy transmutation because on the AH each gem ranges between 300-700 gold each which is ridiculous, when one Golden lotus is about 140g and a Common gem can be brought for about 5g each.

This all totals to 31,000g to craft. The price they sell for on AH is 33,000g a massive 2,000g profit... The only way you could save more money is if you went out and farmed all your own golden lotus and all your own Motes of harmony which imo wouldn't be worth it because your now eating up all your game time farming instead of playing.

Another point to add to this is Jewled Onyx Panther that requires x4 of the above panthers to be combined would cost a minimum of 125,600g to craft. Yet they are selling for 108,000g
How, and Why is this so messed up?

Same with Bfa Enchants, i switched to enchanting for bfa because i wanted a change, however even with the rank 3 ring enchants, the material cost comes to round about 3700g the enchants only sell for around 4000g.
300g is pretty lame profit imo, and considering how many are on ah they hardly sell very quick either. If you want them to sell you need to be constantly re posting your auctions every half hour realistically.

Iv always liked the idea of being a crafter because it just feels more rewarding using materials to make something that other players can use, but actual gold earned makes me think why bother? From my experience this scenario is pretty much the same across the whole board.

*Note* If you was to buy the gems needed for the panthers on the ah the cost to make ONE normal panther would be 42,400g meaning a net loss of 9,400g per mount...

so you complain that your economy is doing well? (more competition=lower prices)
and you complain that FARMING=TAKES TIME=Makes gold?

are you ok? did that fel crystal magic affect your cognitive abilities? thank god the silver covenant high elves don't suffer same side effects of mana junkism

if you wanna join in a saturated market...you must

-buy smart,
-farm smart,
-sell smart

L2P tbh

r/wow economy or something for guidance
these vendor mats are used to transfer high amounts of gold between servers when people do a character transfer
the limit was 250k now it's 1m (still low)
Did you ever heard about supply and demand?
13/11/2018 20:16Posted by Wolfblood

This all totals to 31,000g to craft. The price they sell for on AH is 33,000g a massive 2,000g profit...

Is 6% margin on a high value item something we sneeze at now?
13/11/2018 20:16Posted by Wolfblood

7.5% margin on a medium item with not so low turnover? We sneezing at this??

Professions this addon are in a very bad place. Rank 3, by now everyone and their mother have. It's the standard. Everyone can make everything at best cost.

If you want better margins, there's 3 options:
• Join the race to the bottom at the first hour of warfront turn-ins (good luck there^^ on busy servers you'll have at least a dozen guys ready to undercut the moment you place your goods)
• Optimize yourself. Get your mats cheaper than the competition (bark in /2, work with regular suppliers, snipe the ah)
• Control niches. (high risk, high payoff (or not :)) Best made with a very high liquid to back yourself and in markets and servers you're extremely comfortable)

It's a dog world
Probably the JC cats aren't selling because they are old, everyone that wants them already have them. And frankly they don't look so good, even if they're cats.

Selling is so much tougher now because of the add ons and skilled AH players take over. And we are no longer showered in gold from missions and WQ.

More sellers, more competition because people want gametime.

The AH takes a 5% cut. So that profit margin comes down to a whopping 1%.

Professions are pretty much useless for making gold. Anybody want my 2 cents on this?

It's pretty simple. There is no barrier to entry. Everyone has every recipe at the highest level, the supply is just immense. Ofc the prices are gonna be low when everyone can make everything. There is always gonna be a guy who farms more than you and can afford to undercut you no matter what.

Solution? Bring back exclusive, hard to obtain recipes and/or make crafting materials rarer. If you look at the items that require Hydrocore, you will see that they still hold a decent profit margin.

JC panthers are 3 expansion old. Everyone and my grandmother can make them.
[/quote]

so you complain that your economy is doing well? (more competition=lower prices)
and you complain that FARMING=TAKES TIME=Makes gold?

are you ok? did that fel crystal magic affect your cognitive abilities? thank god the silver covenant high elves don't suffer same side effects of mana junkism

if you wanna join in a saturated market...you must

-buy smart,
-farm smart,
-sell smart

L2P tbh

r/wow economy or something for guidance[/quote]

The economy is NOT doing well when materials cost more than the finished product...
I duno what delusional world you live in but it must be a good one.
But then again you are from that other post that has no relevance here.
To add.
I am fully aware the panthers are not in demand as much as they used to be iv been making them for years.

My point was IF you farm your own materials, which you SHOUlD because gem prices are WAY blown out of proportion then in theory they should fall in price because no one is buying them, but they don’t.

Which can only leave me to believe people are actually either doing 1 of 2 things.
using them for somthing i’m totally un awear of, Or they are actually making a loss on somthing and have no idea they actually are.

Personally i’m not really interested in these small sales, i prefer to invest in expensive items for bigger rewards, it’s also generally less fuss when cancelling and reposting items.

Each to their own i guess.
13/11/2018 23:39Posted by Ájmage

The AH takes a 5% cut. So that profit margin comes down to a whopping 1%.

You may be correct, I was in doubt cause op mentioned the price they sell but then named the profit and I went with that assuming he had already took the cut.

In my experience the panthers do sell, not fast by any measure, but they do.
The problem imo of newcomers to these kind of markets is the competition, we're talking about people with lots of capital who have been doing it for years, have the production optimized to the last detail and possibly guild banks filled with materials acquired at much lower cost. SoH for example tend to oscilate quite a bit during the year, not to mention botting waves.

On top of that we have to add the good old MIMAFs (Minerals I Mine Are Free) wich plague the AH transverselly and while they can be a godsend in a resetable market if you're in a position to be doing the reset, otherwise they'll drive any margin in the negative.

We also have to account for people that are leveling professions and willingly eat losses cause dont want/cant have their gold tied in those crafts.

And last but not least, there's also people who just enjoy the process of creating something and selling it. They'll happily grab some mats while playing and wont even consider if there's extra profit to be made by simply selling those mats.
They will sell at any price, it's pure profit. They're not after min/maxing, they're having fun.

With all these together I wonder how the AH isn't all in the negative :)
So in short, you want money for doing absolutely nothing?

Well, not nothing, you stand at the AH, buy stuff, press one button... And profit? Thats your plan?

Seriously, just go and farm the stuff, like we all do.
Gotta love players who put as much effort - if not more - into making Gold in WoW as they (may) do in a real world job...
Its money making time for the horde again.

Just make the item for the contribution quests, they just trippled in price.
There's more awry with the economy than just that. On my main server(not draenor) it doesn't matter how much there is of an item, the price will steadily drop until reset because we have a ton of braindead undercutters who drop prices by 10%+ on each undercut.

Often I see items at an all time low and still they drop. The auction house needs to be made stupid proof because they're honestly just screwing themselves and everyone else over with this ridiculous behaviour.
14/11/2018 00:59Posted by Eighjan
Gotta love players who put as much effort - if not more - into making Gold in WoW as they (may) do in a real world job...

xd

the amount of hours to make the gold to buy a token exceeds far more the amount of hours on minimum wage to buy said token

i swear, it's getting sad
At least they can keep themselves busy instead of complaining there's nothing to do.
Free market.
Just learn to play the game.
Been the same game forever.
14/11/2018 03:55Posted by Nim
14/11/2018 00:59Posted by Eighjan

xd

the amount of hours to make the gold to buy a token exceeds far more the amount of hours on minimum wage to buy said token

i swear, it's getting sad

One or two hours of work would pay the sub, but everyone can't work for different reasons. Being a kid, staying home to take care of kids or sick relatives, unemployed, handicapped, retired etc etc. Some do it for the sport of playing for free even if they easily could pay.
With the current inflation, 30k Gold is like flasks and pots for 10 Raids.
The prices are out of control, no one can afford luxuryitems anymore.