AH Prices make no sense.

General
Just remove gold. No market, problem.

No but seriously, this is why we need gold sinks like the azerite reforging system. This is just the outcome of letting gold stack up year after year from passive sources like vendor-grays and follower-missions. Legion gave me 3M gold PROFIT without a second of active farming, no gaming the AH and while still buying flasks etc. It was ridiculous, just log in on to you classhall and slap some drones around at the mission table.
14/11/2018 08:15Posted by Thedice

No but seriously, this is why we need gold sinks like the azerite reforging system. This is just the outcome of letting gold stack up year after year from passive sources like vendor-grays and follower-missions. Legion gave me 3M gold PROFIT without a second of active farming, no gaming the AH and while still buying flasks etc. It was ridiculous, just log in on to you classhall and slap some drones around at the mission table.

Good for you, but let me tell you, for us mortals THERE IS NO EXCESSIVE GOLD!
In my whole Raid AND my guild there is one person with 7 digit gold. One....
We others rarely scratch the 100k, and when we do it goes away for food and flasks anyway.
14/11/2018 08:21Posted by Uvireath
14/11/2018 08:15Posted by Thedice

Good for you, but let me tell you, for us mortals THERE IS NO EXCESSIVE GOLD!
In my whole Raid AND my guild there is one person with 7 digit gold. One....
We others rarely scratch the 100k, and when we do it goes away for food and flasks anyway.

My point was that if Legion pace of gaining gold kept up it would only keep getting worse. Flasks were 800g a piece during Legion. They're now 5000g due to combination of excess gold from Legion in circulation and rarity of herbs.

The only solution is to keep draining the gold away little by little with sinks where the gold doesn't return back to circulation.
14/11/2018 03:55Posted by Nim
14/11/2018 00:59Posted by Eighjan
Gotta love players who put as much effort - if not more - into making Gold in WoW as they (may) do in a real world job...

xd

the amount of hours to make the gold to buy a token exceeds far more the amount of hours on minimum wage to buy said token

i swear, it's getting sad

That's not absolute at all.
In my case I need ≈6 hours of work to buy 1 token. I can make far more than 1 token with 6 hours of AH squatting
As someone who hadn't played WoW until 2months ago in its 14 year history all I see about the auction house is moaning but from my point of view its great. I have 1 horde character who sits on 150k gold from a bit of farming and 'old content' (new to me) , I use no add ons on the auction house but imo if something vendors for 20 gold and the AH price is 5k ill put it on for 2.5k as I’m making a profit for something I don't need. As I’m still learning the game and exploring why would I want to sit and re-list ive had the instance of being under cut by 1 copper who cares ill relist at a much lower price still making more than a vendor if someone wants to buy my stuff and 'flip' good for them.

I'd also point out that if you spent far less time being so salty on the forums you could play more of the game :s
The AH will be silly until...

1) People stop paying more than something is worth. You folks know it takes me all of 20 minutes to farm and craft 20 agility potions, but you'll still pay me 500g for each one. That's your choice, you can switch to herbalist/alchemist and pay nothing but time for your raid consumables, or you can simply not buy potions until the price is fair. Until then I will assume you have too much gold and wish to give it to me.

2) AH addons are banned and accounts found using them (after the ban) are suspended or shut down. The AH has become a game to some people; buy and re-post for more, and while it may be fun for them, it does suck for players who don't want to do this. High prices end up driving token sales because people would rather spend real cash to avoid playing the AH game.

Alternative solutions include hard-capping items at 10x vendor price, and actually reviewing vendor price to make it relevant. If you have a 370 BoE then the vendor price could be, for example, 5k.
I know its been like this for years but its just so unrealistic, and imo ruins the whole crafting experience of the game.
Crafted items either sell for less or next to no real profit over their Material cost to make the item.

For example the Panther Mounts from Mop JC.
I use Alchemy Transmutation to make the Living Steel bars, From Trillium Bars i also make myself.
I buy the Ghost iron and Spirits from AH.
The orb cost cannot be avoided at 20k.
And the Gems needed i also craft using alchemy transmutation because on the AH each gem ranges between 300-700 gold each which is ridiculous, when one Golden lotus is about 140g and a Common gem can be brought for about 5g each.

This all totals to 31,000g to craft. The price they sell for on AH is 33,000g a massive 2,000g profit... The only way you could save more money is if you went out and farmed all your own golden lotus and all your own Motes of harmony which imo wouldn't be worth it because your now eating up all your game time farming instead of playing.

Another point to add to this is Jewled Onyx Panther that requires x4 of the above panthers to be combined would cost a minimum of 125,600g to craft. Yet they are selling for 108,000g
How, and Why is this so messed up?

Same with Bfa Enchants, i switched to enchanting for bfa because i wanted a change, however even with the rank 3 ring enchants, the material cost comes to round about 3700g the enchants only sell for around 4000g.
300g is pretty lame profit imo, and considering how many are on ah they hardly sell very quick either. If you want them to sell you need to be constantly re posting your auctions every half hour realistically.

Iv always liked the idea of being a crafter because it just feels more rewarding using materials to make something that other players can use, but actual gold earned makes me think why bother? From my experience this scenario is pretty much the same across the whole board.

*Note* If you was to buy the gems needed for the panthers on the ah the cost to make ONE normal panther would be 42,400g meaning a net loss of 9,400g per mount...

supply and demand - most people who were going to buy them did it in past 6 years. so you are fighting for scraps.
14/11/2018 09:00Posted by Espanca
14/11/2018 03:55Posted by Nim

xd

the amount of hours to make the gold to buy a token exceeds far more the amount of hours on minimum wage to buy said token

i swear, it's getting sad

That's not absolute at all.
In my case I need ≈6 hours of work to buy 1 token. I can make far more than 1 token with 6 hours of AH squatting

no.
stop buying token.
find another job

6 hours for 20 euros? even during the roman empire slaves had more rights

P.S: if you live in one of the eastern countries, idk what token price is for you, same as western europe? if so, then i understand your message and damn, sucks mon
14/11/2018 10:18Posted by Alewin
The AH will be silly until...

1) People stop paying more than something is worth. You folks know it takes me all of 20 minutes to farm and craft 20 agility potions, but you'll still pay me 500g for each one. That's your choice, you can switch to herbalist/alchemist and pay nothing but time for your raid consumables, or you can simply not buy potions until the price is fair. Until then I will assume you have too much gold and wish to give it to me.

People will pay that or more happily. That 10k gold in 20 minutes correlates to 1,1€ at current token price. For anyone from the richest countries who dont want to farm that ratio is so risible it's really a no brainer

2) AH addons are banned and accounts found using them (after the ban) are suspended or shut down. The AH has become a game to some people; buy and re-post for more, and while it may be fun for them, it does suck for players who don't want to do this. High prices end up driving token sales because people would rather spend real cash to avoid playing the AH game.

I find the AH frankly unusable without any addon. Either from a buyer or a seller pov. Wanna ban DBM too? Cause it sucks for players who dont want to use it and have to face encounters designed with it in mind
Alternative solutions include hard-capping items at 10x vendor price, and actually reviewing vendor price to make it relevant. If you have a 370 BoE then the vendor price could be, for example, 5k.

Shooo commie :)
14/11/2018 11:52Posted by Nim

6 hours for 20 euros? even during the roman empire slaves had more rights

P.S: if you live in one of the eastern countries, idk what token price is for you, same as western europe? if so, then i understand your message and damn, sucks mon

Nah, most western possible in continental europe :)
It's not so bad, the cost of live here is cheaper too. It just sucks more in international products

Oh and those 6 hours for 20€ is before taxes :p
Prices are set by people. So some !@#$ty people are setting the lowest price at 33k . Probably cos it doesn't sell and they are try to get a quick sale. When you have people who don't know how to AH go on there and list something that sells for 20k at 10k this drives down markets.

Just pray that a AH sniper picks it up and lists it at true value otherwise the item price can be driven down if people start undercutting.

Raw materials have always been more expensive then end product early in the expansion as it is needed to level up and when demand rises more then supply prices rise.

Also if you are raiding you should be an alchemist. If you are any other profession you will always be poor.
Started late the expansion with 30k.

Sitting on 250k now.

AH is an unregulated market. If people are losing gold and you are smarter you should be able to make gold at their loss.

There's really no need for more gold in this game.
14/11/2018 12:11Posted by Espanca

Woah, you can't get even highschoolers in Finland to work for less than 12€/h.
That sucks big time.
14/11/2018 12:59Posted by Thedice
14/11/2018 12:11Posted by Espanca

Woah, you can't get even highschoolers in Finland to work for less than 12€/h.
That sucks big time.

It's really not bad at all compared to some countries in east europe.
But damn 12€/h^^ I think I'd only work part time forever :D
Regarding the Motes of Harmony, you can get those from farming MoP transmog quite easily. Do a full MoP clear and you will be set for the week. Plus, that's some extra shekels right there from gold drops and vendoring items.
14/11/2018 14:01Posted by Ishanku
Regarding the Motes of Harmony, you can get those from farming MoP transmog quite easily. Do a full MoP clear and you will be set for the week. Plus, that's some extra shekels right there from gold drops and vendoring items.

Yeah tbh i did know about that.
After playing for over 10 years running old content just gets boring.

It’s just funny, 2 expansions ago Motes of Harmony where 2-3g each in my server now they are 30-39g each!

I just buy them when they are low and stock pile them for when i need them, i do this with all my mats, i have a list of items i buy when the prices drop below a fixed number, it helps to know what i’m making.

Thanks for the imput though :)
14/11/2018 00:38Posted by Xemeron
So in short, you want money for doing absolutely nothing?

Well, not nothing, you stand at the AH, buy stuff, press one button... And profit? Thats your plan?

Seriously, just go and farm the stuff, like we all do.

Why do you have such a negative tone, i’m not moaning about anything i’m just stating my oppinion that i feel the ah doesn’t really represent a real market.

If i was a wood crafter and somone asked me to craft them a hand made table i would buy my materials then sell the product to make mone.

Now i could go chop down my own tree instead of buying my wood but for one that’s not my trade, and two i would also be losing out on time i could spend making more crafts.

If i sold my products under material cost value my business wouldn’t last very long.

The problem arises when somone decides to massively undercut others to try and make a sale but the under cuts not so massive enough OR the stack is to high to buy out right and re post.

So instead people start undercutting that massive undercut by small undercuts, before you know it there’s now hundreds of auctions all at low prices which are alsmot impossible to bump up again.
When the mats cost more than the end product you can't say "farm them to craft".

If it's not worth buying the mats then it's not worth using them.

If a herb costs 100g and the potion costs 90g you are not making profit by farming the 100g herb to craft the 90g potion. You lost 10g and lots of time.

Sadly the vast majority of people are way too dumb to use basic logic, hence why the ah is messed up and professions make no profit.
Why not farm out the mats and sell them to people trying to sell Gem Panthers in 2018?
15/11/2018 04:37Posted by Murdash
When the mats cost more than the end product you can't say "farm them to craft".

If it's not worth buying the mats then it's not worth using them.

If a herb costs 100g and the potion costs 90g you are not making profit by farming the 100g herb to craft the 90g potion. You lost 10g and lots of time.

Sadly the vast majority of people are way too dumb to use basic logic, hence why the ah is messed up and professions make no profit.

If a herb costs 100g and a pot costs 90g, I craft a pot and get 2 I just made 80g. You don’t craft pots to get 1 at a time to sell, you always end up with more due to rank 3 proccs therefore it is worth to make pots unless you only farm mats for 1 pot.