Legion Start

New/Returning Player Questions & Guides
Regarding Starting Legion -

I know their was a pre-patch event and scenario. What I don't know is if I can still do this stuff. I have the quest - The Legion Returns in my log, which is the start of the expansion.

I found this video on YT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9knaO4gK7aw

It's basically all the pre-patch cutscenes I think. Should I watch this first, or will I get this story from this questline?

Reason I ask is, at the start of some expansions I think you miss a lot of story as cutscenes are removed, or the opening cutscene for the game is different or something. When I started Cata questline, I had nothing about Deathwing breaking free etc or the world changing, it was just from quest text.

So just trying to get as near to launch experience as I can with the story.
14/11/2018 21:44Posted by Gambirra
I know their was a pre-patch event and scenario. What I don't know is if I can still do this stuff.

You cannot do the pre-event.

You can do the legion returns.
14/11/2018 22:10Posted by Dottie
You cannot do the pre-event.

That's not exactly true. You can't do Legion Invasions but you can do prepatch questline. You can do it after finishing Dalaran Teleportation by talking with Archivist Elysiana in Dalaran.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=113873/archivist-elysiana
15/11/2018 03:51Posted by Cedrad
That's not exactly true. You can't do Legion Invasions but you can do prepatch questline. You can do it after finishing Dalaran Teleportation by talking with Archivist Elysiana in Dalaran.

That wasn't the pre-event. those are the introduction quests.
Am I correct in assuming those introduction quests all follow on from the ‘legion returns’ quest that I have?

what about the broken shore scenario? Is that a follow up from the legion returns?

And the cut scenes and story I linked, does that all follow on too?
The first part, (ends on nine minutes) is the Demon Hunter starter movie I think, the second is the end of the broken shore scenario, which you can do.