Toxicity in the game is out of control

General
Just had another example.

Waiting at a boss in a noob dungeon. Dk stands abit too close and accidently starts the boss, and apologises in chat. Next second the tank flips out calling the dk trash, saying the DK should tank, if hes pulling. And going nuts for 5 minutes, talking to him like dirt. And then true to vote kick the dude (which failed)

So I vote kicked the douche tank, and it passed XD. People seem to think cos their tanking (even though it's not hard in the slightest in normal dungeons), they can treat people like dirt.

Karma is a wonderful thing.
Then get a guild.

People that complain about this everytime they see it, is expecting too much. This is your own fault when you keep expecting something when you pug.

STOP EXPECTING THINGS WHEN YOU PUG!
22/10/2018 19:53Posted by Chockø
Just had another example.

Waiting at a boss in a noob dungeon. Dk stands abit too close and accidently starts the boss, and apologises in chat. Next second the tank flips out calling the dk trash, saying the DK should tank, if hes pulling. And going nuts for 5 minutes, talking to him like dirt. And then true to vote kick the dude (which failed)

So I vote kicked the douche tank, and it passed XD. People seem to think cos their tanking (even though it's not hard in the slightest in normal dungeons), they can treat people like dirt.

Karma is a wonderful thing.

some weeks ago one tank (i know it was him because he wouldnt stop talking with the other guy) initiated a kick on someone with reason "supported Sadam in the early 00s"
i clicked NOT to kick but it passed....i laughed really hard
22/10/2018 14:59Posted by Soulshox
Decided to pug 2 dps and healer with the main tank form my guild for a +7 Freehold.

The dps and healers just taking pot shots at each other telling them how rubbish they were to each other through the whole run.

Had to tell them to not worry about making it in time to try and defuse the situation.

Last time i pug people. The delusion that people think they are the better then someone else is ridiculous. Seriously the most toxic run i have been in my entire WoW gaming time in 15 years.

Wish the community was more like lord of the rings online. The community on there is absolutely amazing.

if someone would say something like that to me id block them and thats it....kids these days
22/10/2018 15:51Posted by Punyelf
I stick to the safety of guild or friend groups to avoid random ragers xD

Same for me. In Legion we sometimes had to invite someone random when we were only 3-4 people. And in most cases we had to kick them if they didn't already leave before. We never asked for r.io score or chose the one with the highest Ilvl, and it was always stated that we just want to get through.
And every time then and even now when I read that it's still bad, I wonder if those people only enjoy M+ dungeons when they get loot without any higher challenge/effort.

22/10/2018 19:58Posted by Izzyfuriouss

As true as this statement is, it is extremely sad for a mmorpg...
The dps and healers just taking pot shots at each other telling them how rubbish they were to each other through the whole run.

In party chat you should have said....

In fairness to the healer, he's right, your dps is kinda rubbish.

And right after saying this, initiate the vote to kick on the healer.

Reason given should be....can't heal.

try and defuse the situation.

Where is the fun in that, you do know you play video games to be entertained, right?
22/10/2018 17:07Posted by Itamijoe
Every online-game has toxic people... the solution to this is to grow a pair...

Thanks for showing an example of toxicity. "loool why are you offended by words on the internet loool"... Maybe because no one likes being called names for making mistake as every single human being on this planet, doesn't matter if its in real life or in a game, d*ckheads can make normal people frustrated, it will never change.

The solution shouldn't be "just ignore the player" because even that is something that makes an mmo less enjoyable. The solution should be punishment for bad behavior so these kind of people would have to at least stay quiet. It wouldn't be impossible. Blizzard should just scrap the automated (and already abused) report system, hire people to check if a report is justified and then give some kind of punishment to toxic people like 1hr silence -> 1 day silence -> 1 week silence -> 1 day account suspension -> etc.

22/10/2018 19:58Posted by Izzyfuriouss
Then get a guild.

People that complain about this everytime they see it, is expecting too much. This is your own fault when you keep expecting something when you pug.

Its true but also pretty sad that people can't use the lfg tool without the almost 100% chance that at least one out of 4 people is going to be toxic. That's what a decent punishment system could solve.
"I had a bad experience" becomes "Toxicity is out of control!!!"
got really upset the other day, Not angry upset.
Its not the 1st time in a LRF Its happened but it was the worst.
Actually told I should deleted my lock (a class I've been playing since 2006)
and all because I told them I'm a slower player owing to my disability.
this triggered a series of LOL.. OMG.. Delete and swearing.

Only brought it up because they were asking me something never been asked to do before so thought better to tell them before we even started, Instead of making a right mess.

Said in another thread I feel really sorry for any new players because it seems
some very angry people just love taking that anger on in an instant
22/10/2018 16:31Posted by Xjj
How can you have high expectations of players to be polite when there is no community to punish bad behavior?

Players do not have an identity and reputation anymore as they once did. Therefore there are no repercussions for behaving poorly.

This,you cant name shame you dont get punished.
I remember getting silanced for 3 days for calling out in trade a scammer only for him to show up on mutiple accounts and report me and saying how i am negative nancy and not to be a snitch,ofc some of the random guys went for it and i got silanced.

Not to mention no penalties for gold scammers,that are non exsistent.At least to accont flag if he was proven by blizzard for scamming or stuff like that.
Thanks for showing an example of toxicity.

Its more like an example of common-sense.

"loool why are you offended by words on the internet loool"... Maybe because no one likes being called names for making mistake as every single human being on this planet, doesn't matter if its in real life or in a game, d*ckheads can make normal people frustrated, it will never change.

And because it happens everywhere means that u should be able to get over it.

People wont change... Its up to u if u take it serious and getting offended. I for example dont give a single f*ck, because its not worth to waste time thinking about somthing a stranger said to me.

The solution shouldn't be "just ignore the player" because even that is something that makes an mmo less enjoyable. The solution should be punishment for bad behavior so these kind of people would have to at least stay quiet. It wouldn't be impossible. Blizzard should just scrap the automated (and already abused) report system, hire people to check if a report is justified and then give some kind of punishment to toxic people like 1hr silence -> 1 day silence -> 1 week silence -> 1 day account suspension -> etc.

Toxic-people are not the majority.

Not to mention how much abuse a lot of report-systems get these day. Simply because we live in a way to sensitive world...

The solution to ignore the player is the easiest one for everyone.
Wish the community was more like lord of the rings online.

Nonexistent? I know i'm funny, haha.
I was healing in FFXIV and caused more than one wipe, after the third I quickly typed out that I'd leave so they could get someone else, y'know, making sure I didn't get yelled at and taking responsibility for my bad playing, but as I was porting out I got a 'no, don't leave, we can still do this' or something like that

I was so freaking shocked! The group then went on to not only encourage me but also help me understand the parts of healing I was doing wrong. We killed the boss and everyone was like 'see, I knew you could do it'.

I could have fainted, they were all so nice!

The last time that happened in WoW must have been so long ago I no longer remember it, or maybe it never happened.

One possibility for why this happens so much in WoW is that quite a number of people have been playing for a long time, some for fourteen years now, so they know their class inside and out, even when it's changed by a patch or expact, so when someone comes along who doesn't know their class as well they get a shizstorm thrown at them.
We were all new once but when that was so long ago it's easy to forget how difficult this game was to learn, especially for people completely new to MMORPG's.
22/10/2018 15:32Posted by Amnastaria
OP, though what you claim about toxicity is indeed true...

You yourself, after spamming the high elf thread with toxic trolling, mocking and deraling RP'ers with terms I won't even repeat here, which led to your post being deleted...

lmao OP exposed

On a serious note, I usually only play with friends or guildies because of toxic players. A lot of my mates recently quit though so I'm having to play with randos more and just hope they're decent folk
22/10/2018 21:44Posted by Canabal

In party chat you should have said....

In fairness to the healer, he's right, your dps is kinda rubbish.

And right after saying this, initiate the vote to kick on the healer.

Reason given should be....can't heal.

try and defuse the situation.

Where is the fun in that, you do know you play video games to be entertained, right?

And this is where the toxicity starts. Someone enjoying disrupting others game play.
22/10/2018 15:32Posted by Amnastaria
OP, though what you claim about toxicity is indeed true...

You yourself, after spamming the high elf thread with toxic trolling, mocking and deraling RP'ers with terms I won't even repeat here, which led to your post being deleted...

You are one of the last people deserved to complain about toxic players.

P.S: yes, the lord of the rings online community is much more mature and pleasant.
Maybe because of the lack of instant gratification, which makes most spoiled kids to avoid this mmo.

Ohhh burnnnnnned
high end players are all untalented douchebags who just download more addons to show how "good" they are at an online computer game .. huh, who knew
the toxicity is created by people who yell it.
Decided to pug 2 dps and healer with the main tank form my guild for a +7 Freehold.

Had to tell them to not worry about making it in time to try and defuse the situation.

Last time i pug people. The delusion that people think they are the better then someone else is ridiculous. Seriously the most toxic run i have been in my entire WoW gaming time in 15 years.

Wish the community was more like lord of the rings online. The community on there is absolutely amazing.

WoW is and always was a melting pot for ppl with all sorts of mental conditions. Narcissistic disorder for one is very prevalent and I even saw a good deal of psychotic ppl.