Sylvanas raising blood elves now.

Story
What the hell is that bull!@#$ "IF Lorash is a citizen of Quel'thalas"? You don't stop being a citizen of your country because of your profession, and 'mercenary' isn't even something illegal where you could, maybe, consider that he would be unwanted in his country but okay in the Horde. What you're trying to -say- is that Lorash wasn't a SOLDIER of Quel'thalas. He wasn't part of the army of Quel'thalas. All true. Still a Blood Elf, still a citizen though.
Words. They have meaning.

Nothing to add apart from that and a great sigh of "Let's hope the writer remember what Lor'themar said about that particular subject. He got a new model so maybe something is planned for him."
26/10/2018 16:14Posted by Dalamée
Still a Blood Elf, still a citizen though.

Being a member of said race doesn’t automatically grant citizenship.

If that was the case Valeera has some serious explaining to do.

Lorash seemed like some conscripted mercenary, not part of Silvermoons army.
He doesn’t fall under Lorthemar.
As neither does Valeera
You don't stop being a citizen of your country because of your profession

You do if you never plea. Valeera is blood elf, but alliance character. Not every blood elf is subject of Teron, not every undead is under Sylvanas.

Even dark iron dwarves have rebels
Yeah, I hope she doesn't raise Lor'themar himself, or you will find a way to justify it too.
"Being a member of said race doesn’t automatically grant citizenship."
You generally get citizenship by virtue of being born in the country from parents who were citizens. Given Lorash's age, that one can be discussed but since he spend the 6 following millenias in Quel'thalas, talking about fighting trolls then undeads, yeah. I'm gonna say he's pretty much a citizen.

"f that was the case Valeera has some serious explaining to do."
Yes, she do.

"Lorash seemed like some conscripted mercenary, not part of Silvermoons army."
Yes? That's... Exactly what I said just one post above? You don't need to be part of the army to be a citizen.

"He doesn’t fall under Lorthemar."
He's the Regent-Lord, not "Best General of Quel'thalas". He's responsable for more than just the soldiers.
26/10/2018 16:29Posted by Zarao
Still a Blood Elf, still a citizen though.

Being a member of said race doesn’t automatically grant citizenship.

If that was the case Valeera has some serious explaining to do.

Lorash seemed like some conscripted mercenary, not part of Silvermoons army.
He doesn’t fall under Lorthemar.
As neither does Valeera

The hoops that you jump through Zarao to justify every new attrocity that Sylvanas, her boy toy and the Horde do this expansion to the world and to each other would be laughable if it wasnt so pitying. This is the 2nd time that she has raised members of her OWN faction, she's supposed to protect them not use them as desposable meat shields against her eventual fate in the shadowlands when she bites the dust. Hell even Gul'dan,Blackhand and dare i say even Garrosh didn't treat the Horde members this bad in their tenure as Warchiefs/Controlling power behind the Horde.
26/10/2018 16:34Posted by Araphant
Yeah, I hope she doesn't raise Lor'themar himself, or you will find a way to justify it too.

Honestly, i'm 100% for Sylvanas as long as she doesn't hurt Horde in major way. Main reason i never liked Garrosh - he was really bad politician

Sylvanas knows that she needs strong (and loyal) Horde to survive. And strong Horde is good for everyone in it.
Some people cannot be swayed, no matter how many hard facts you throw in their face. It's just an impenetrable wall of stupidity and ignorance. Stupidity and ignorance by choice, notheless!

Like I previously mentioned, I don't really have an issue with Lorash being raised. He was a despicable individual to begin with, so him becoming a forsaken is just another step in his evolution.

Still, this shows that Sylvanas really couldn't care less about her former people or even her subjects within the Horde. To her, they serve one purpose and one purpose only - disposable pawns. She will sacrifice anything - and anyone, if it means escaping death. I've no doubt in my mind, given the choice, she would sacrifice the Horde 10 times over, just to guarantee herself an escape from the Shadowlands.

Of course, seeing as how Blizzard's interns like to delete existing lore on a whim, they might retcon the entirety of BfA in a few years and make Sylvanas out to be a saint. Who knows?
26/10/2018 16:43Posted by Anthropea
couldn't care less

Being undead is not a bad thing. Stop trying to say it is. As long as you can remain yourself. Lorash, obviously, will be happy to have chance to kill more night elfs. Night elf undeads doesn't feel free to me (and i'm sylvanas fanboy), true undead protects their homeland (including Sylvanas landing hand to Lor'Themar in protecion of silvermoon) - they're not.
So by blizzards logic, we can assume he will be for the Alliance now? Seeing as elves does a 180 turn from their former self when raised.
26/10/2018 17:12Posted by Sylendril
So by blizzards logic, we can assume he will be for the Alliance now? Seeing as elves does a 180 turn from their former self when raised.

Forsaken totally have a free will.... but are night elfs are forsaken? Probably not.
26/10/2018 17:12Posted by Sylendril
When Horde chars get ressed by Sylvanas and co: "Death to the Alliance"
When neutral chars get ressed: "I SUDDENLY HATE THE ALLIANCE DESPITE THEM NEVER HAVING DONE ANYTHING AGAINST ME!"
When Alliance chars get ressed: "Death to the Alliance!"

People sure she isn't brainwashing/mindcontrolling them?
When Alliance chars get ressed: "Death to the Alliance!"

I corrected it for you.
<Retracted>
26/10/2018 17:20Posted by Destruct

When neutral chars get ressed: "I SUDDENLY HATE THE ALLIANCE DESPITE THEM NEVER HAVING DONE ANYTHING AGAINST ME!"

[/quote]

Well, they don´t need to be ressed to think like that, see the Nightborne and the Highmountain tauren. You could include Garrosh before he joined the Horde in that group too.
Lorash ! the imbecile Blood Elf that gets strangled by Malfurion...we can't be bothered with her collection of leftover characters.
26/10/2018 06:30Posted by Shandyr
Why blizz have to turn every deceased character into a forsaken?

Because the Forsaken have very few characters that weren't already established as blindly loyal servants of Sylvanas before BFA.

If Sylvanas does cease to be the leader of the Forsaken and leaves the Horde, she'll likely take a great deal of her 'true loyalists' with her, meaning that the Forsaken will need new characters to take their place. That's one reason why Blizzard might have been reanimating more characters than ever as Forsaken.

There's the possibility of a future where the defining characters of the Forsaken are Lilian Voss, Amalia Stone, Thomas Zelling, Derek Proudmoore, Lorash Sunbeam, Sira Moonwarden and Delaryn Summermoon, instead of the likes of Nathanos, Deathstalker Commander Belmont, Master Apothecary Faranell and so on, all of whom are pretty much just dastardly minions of Sylvanas.
26/10/2018 17:20Posted by Destruct
People sure she isn't brainwashing/mindcontrolling them?

Forsaken reanimation is inconsistent, Blizzard exploits that inconsistency to make all Forsaken reanimated as fodder mindlessly loyal because it's easier for them, while they use that inconsistency to explore more interesting aspects of the Forsaken when named characters are reanimated. In other words, it's not mind control, it's bad and lazy writing.

Although after their reanimation is complete, Sylvanas can send Forsaken to be 'conditioned' to be loyal to her, which is what she does with Derek. This is further evidence that Forsaken are not all immediately reanimated as mindless automatons devoted to Sylvanas. So while the Forsaken do perform brainwashing, it's not inherent in the process of raising the dead.
Good ! Good ! There is no reason those junk elves virmens wouldn't taste the horror of undeath, raise your brother too GOOD ! Each step you become more of a pawn ^_^ !

Glad to see her vice keep growing, now there is the need to share that undeath horrr with even more of her original junk elves so they will all be once again reunited like a family ! :P