Titanforging - An unsatifying experience

General
Prev 1 6 7 8
30/10/2018 13:54Posted by Tahra

The same way getting BiS geared char is carrot for others. Why do you think you carrot is "carroter" than ours?

My carrot is a more realistic attainable thing.
My carrot is a carrot for way more players.
Your carrot is a niche thing for a minority.
THAT is the difference and that is what makes them have different values (to Blizzard most importantly).

Titanforge really isn't working on me like "there is always chance for an upgrade" - I never felt that way and never will.

And that's a real shame and I'm sorry for you.
But that doesn't mean a whole other type of player, that outnumbers you, has to suffer because of that. In your case, you are in the minority so you're going to have to live with certain things that the majority likes. If you can't do that, maybe it's time to walk away from the game (and I'm not happy about that, I'd like every player to be happy with the entire game. However, that's just not a realistic scenario).

30/10/2018 13:32Posted by Verdill

You don't need titanforge, you can have desire to get it, but you don't need it. Dude, I can continue like this forever. Like someone said - two completely different mindsets, no one should force each other into theirs. I love being reward in game for effort, you treat items and whole game completely different way.
Tbh, perfect solution to most problems would be making different realms for different playerbases, but "It's too much work" - so w/e.

Yes you are right. But that sadly doesn't change anything for you.
As long as you belong to a minority of players who like things a certain way, chances of things being changed just for you are very, very small. Because it wouldn't make any business sense to do so.

You only outnumber us because the things you love ingame have made so many people leave.
30/10/2018 13:54Posted by Tahra

My carrot is a more realistic attainable thing.
My carrot is a carrot for way more players.
Your carrot is a niche thing for a minority.
THAT is the difference and that is what makes them have different values (to Blizzard most importantly).

And that's a real shame and I'm sorry for you.
But that doesn't mean a whole other type of player, that outnumbers you, has to suffer because of that. In your case, you are in the minority so you're going to have to live with certain things that the majority likes. If you can't do that, maybe it's time to walk away from the game (and I'm not happy about that, I'd like every player to be happy with the entire game. However, that's just not a realistic scenario).

Yes you are right. But that sadly doesn't change anything for you.
As long as you belong to a minority of players who like things a certain way, chances of things being changed just for you are very, very small. Because it wouldn't make any business sense to do so.

Why do you assume that your carrot is the majority? It's also particularly confusing when you say people shouldn't chase titanforge, they should just ignore it and then say that titanforge gives you personally a reason to keep playing... So essentially, if you and your "majority" (and yes that word is in quotation marks on purpose) are doing it, then it's fine, but others do the same thing and it's "wrong". Logic?

To be perfectly honest I think the "majority" of people do not want to chase an endless carrot, whether it be in wq and lfr or mythic raids and mythic+. If people wanted to endlessly repeat the same content purely for better and better rewards they would be more likely to pick up a dungeon crawler (aka Diablo) not an rpg (mmo or otherwise).

And they don't have to chase an endless carrot.- Its simple not needed unless you want something else or make MUST HAVE BIS a goal.

As for reapeating the same content, you like everyone else who plays wow has been doing it since wows inception/ for however long they have played wow.

But seemingly now, because of forging you bring it up like its some kind of issue.

Mythic + system technically at the last patch of expansion means that dungeons at least are not all the same for many players sure they might have the same pixels but the mythic + system changes the mechanics..

WHere were you in previous expansions ? i mean this " repetition " is much more varied and by far better than any expansion prior to legion.

In WOD we were also told WOW is going down the DIABLO route more.

Thats there decision MADE YEARS ago.
30/10/2018 16:12Posted by Amalei

Why do you assume that your carrot is the majority?

Because it is.

Well, when you present such conclusive and undeniable evidence, nobody will doubt you. :P

One of the things that consistently makes me /headdesk is when ANYBODY here really believes they know what the majority of players wants about ANYTHING.