Seriously Blizzard? R.I.P Diablo.

General
Now we see the Activision part of Blizzard.

A mobile Diablo game. Which noone has ever asked for.

Dead silence after the cinematic. A guy in the audience asking the panel if it was an april fools joke.

Jesus. God. Damn. Christ.

Nice to know that instead of adding something new to Diablo 3, you are focusing resources on a mobile game that noone wants or has ever been asking for.

Just look at YouTube announcement. Atm it has 1.600 likes, and 40.000 dislikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA

God damn it Blizzard, genuinely disappointed... Confirmation that you won't be working on another PC version of Diablo in upcoming 5 years. Instead working on patches on the mobile version of Diablo...

What are you gonna announce on WoW panel? That social and calendar is coming to the WoW mobile app that has said "Coming soon!" since launch?
02/11/2018 20:50Posted by Arqon

My little sister is pretty excited about it, at least if I am to go by her stupid text messages.

I bought her the PS4 version of D3 a few years ago. She played it and enjoyed it. But she's not a console gamer, or a PC gamer for that matter. She is however constantly engrossed in her iPhone.
For her the mobile gaming market is what she cares about. That's the platform she uses.
I don't blame Blizzard for wanting to create a game for that platform. Even though I'm a PC gamer first and foremost, I do own a phone as well. It's not hard to take it out of the pocket whenever I need to go to the loo...
Just look at YouTube announcement. Atm it has 1.000 likes, and 30.000 dislikes.

Mists of Pandaria also got a lot of dislikes on its revel trailer when it was announced at Blizzcon back in the day. But it turned out to be a pretty good expansion...
Its not even Blizzard game... they hired outside forces.
Someone explain to me: if the game is the same and all that changes is the interface, then what's the problem?
It's not hard to take it out of the pocket whenever I need to go to the loo...

True, flush the game down where it belongs...

02/11/2018 20:59Posted by Jito
Mists of Pandaria also got a lot of dislikes on its revel trailer when it was announced at Blizzcon back in the day. But it turned out to be a pretty good expansion...

It has 50-50 ratio atleast.
Still.. this is WoW forum, you should post Diablo stuff on Diablo forums.
My little sister is pretty excited about it, at least if I am to go by her stupid text messages.

And my grandma, looking to step up her gaming habits from the Candy Crush Saga series...

I seriously hope you aren't trying to defend this garbage.

But it wasn't a copy/paste of some Chinese copy/paste of another copy/paste of Diablo, was it? Nor did it have the worst like:dislike ratio in youtube history, for that matter.
03/11/2018 22:03Posted by Ravenant
Still.. this is WoW forum, you should post Diablo stuff on Diablo forums.

I concur.
I can understand the anger, but there's no need to flood the WoW forums with Diablo topics.
03/11/2018 22:08Posted by Redoctober

Jito allways defends blizzard... no matter how bad their ideas are.
03/11/2018 22:49Posted by Itamijoe
03/11/2018 22:08Posted by Redoctober

What an annoyance lol, the guy is like a fly.
Honestly regardless of what you think of mobile this is just a dick move.

The Diablo fan base has been starving for what, 6 years now? and this is what you give them?

I know theres supposedly multiple projects, but at-least give the poor sods a teaser of real meat, if there is any.

Bethesda had it right, announced Elder scrolls legends, knew it would piss off the hardcore fanbase, so teased TES VI as well, everyone happy. I bet most diablo fans are in a similar position as I was with TES, they just want to know SOMETHING is coming. (Something that's not a mobile game.)
03/11/2018 22:54Posted by Lunirí
Bethesda had it right, announced Elder scrolls legends, knew it would piss off the hardcore fanbase, so teased TES VI as well, everyone happy. I bet most diablo fans are in a similar position as I was with TES, they just want to know SOMETHING is coming. (Something that's not a mobile game.)

gamers are a fickle lot .. blizzard seems to have misheard this and thought it was ..

gamers are a thick lot.
What's the reason here to be mad about? It's an extra game, like T-shirts with Blizzard logo. Not everyone wants them, so just ignore it. It's not taking away from your Diablo experience.
03/11/2018 22:57Posted by Pixelbear

gamers are a thick lot.

And they would be perfectly correct with a huge chunk of them.
03/11/2018 23:01Posted by Zaflis
What's the reason here to be mad about? It's an extra game, like T-shirts with Blizzard logo. Not everyone wants them, so just ignore it. It's not taking away from your Diablo experience.

its not the game , its just the way they handled it mostly ... it was really horribly done imo. OH you have a phone right?..

no blizzard to your surprise not all of us have phones and play games on phones in fact you'll prob find more people don't than do.

03/11/2018 23:03Posted by Souldefíler
03/11/2018 22:57Posted by Pixelbear

gamers are a thick lot.

And they would be perfectly correct with a huge chunk of them.

yeah i can't argue against that.
03/11/2018 22:49Posted by Itamijoe

It's because their ideas tend to turn out really well, and their games tend to be really good. Siding with Blizzard and giving them the benefit of the doubt is often the best default stance to take, in my opinion.

As far as Diablo Immortal goes, then I've dived into the Diablo forums today, and it's litterally hell. But none of the people there (including myself) have actually played the game.
But everyone that has actually tried the demo at Blizzcon and streamed the footage have found the game to be enjoyable...after which the Diablo fans have ripped them apart.

For example:

https://youtu.be/wH9j54oo2eA?t=1365

That's what I latch onto. Footage I can see myself, and a person's opinion formed by having played the game. I like what I see, and I am inclined to agree with what I hear.

12 year old kids QQing about Diablo on the forums? Not so much. I don't attribute very much merit to opinions from people who can't even express themselves in writing in a mature manner. They're just noise.

I refuse to jump onto a hate train just because everyone else have devolved into angry sheep. I have a history of enjoying Blizzard's games, so chances are I'm more likely than not to also enjoy Diablo Immortal as well (even more so because it friggin' looks and plays just like Diablo III which I also enjoy).

I bought her the PS4 version of D3 a few years ago. She played it and enjoyed it. But she's not a console gamer, or a PC gamer for that matter. She is however constantly engrossed in her iPhone.
For her the mobile gaming market is what she cares about. That's the platform she uses.
I don't blame Blizzard for wanting to create a game for that platform. Even though I'm a PC gamer first and foremost, I do own a phone as well. It's not hard to take it out of the pocket whenever I need to go to the loo...
Just look at YouTube announcement. Atm it has 1.000 likes, and 30.000 dislikes.

Ohh jito always after mvp....
03/11/2018 23:11Posted by Hosomaki
Ohh jito always after mvp....

You may not know this, but I used to be an MVP long before you made your first post on this forum. I was in fact MVP for both the WoW and Diablo communities.
So I've been an MVP before. And I don't exactly crave to become one again.

And as a little side note in that regard, then I posted this on the Arena forums a while ago to cover this topic, because it pops up there all the time too, so I'll just paste it here as well, because no one here knows a God damn thing about the MVP program either, they just like saying the 3 letters as an ad hominem:
22/10/2018 12:30Posted by Jito
Last time someone became an MVP on the WoW EU-EN forums was 3.5 years ago.

Currently there are a handful active WoW MVPs - all relics of the past.

The other EU-EN forums: Diablo, StarCraft, Hearthstone, Overwatch, and Heroes of the Storm, do not have any MVPs associated with them anymore.

The MVP program for the EU-EN community is by all intents and purposes inactive and no longer maintained, and it's been that way for years.

So now that you're all caught up on the last 3.5 years we can move on, yes?

MVP on the EU-EN forums is not a thing anymore.

Continuing to bring up the topic of MVP is the equivalent of talking about VHS tapes. It's 3 letters from a past long gone. Leave it there.

So now that you're a bit more educated on the whole MVP topic, maybe you can let it rest, because you're litterally talking about something you know nothing about, and something that by all intents and purposes is no more.
These companies are owned by corporations, so the main goal is to maximize shareholder's profits. Mobile gaming is the big thing now, plus it is cheaper to create, maintain, and push out a mobile game than it is to have a full blown pc version of the same game.

I think gamers need to stop looking for sympathy and a caring attitude from companies these days, especially corporate gaming companies, because they do not care about you, they only care about your money.

This new Diablo game is going to make money because there will be people who play it on their mobiles and tablets, it may not be the diehard fans but new people will discover it and end of the day, Blizzard only cares if someone buys the gaming app.

I personally feel that this is only the beginning, wait until they release a WOW mobile game....