is Blizzard building up too a third faction?

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
In patch 8.1 Horde players have a choice, will they support Saurfang of will they follow Sylvanas.

This is when it gets intresting, because if you choose to follow Saurfang but he gets killed by Sylvanas you still won't be happy with your Horde. And the other way around with Saurfang killing Sylvanas.
Sylvanas supporters won't be happy.

So i truly believe and i mentioned it even before the release of BFA there will be a third faction, and if you choose too follow Sylvanas you will be in that third faction. Maybe as yourself or maybe as an undead orc/tauren/troll which gives also the perfect reason to have undead blood elfs allied race. Because we have seen them in 8.0, why bring them in if they won't have a massive roll too play in the third faction.

Not that i want another reskinned blood elf. I think we have enough of them but to me it is likely we will have them as an allied race in the third faction. And maybe the naga will be part of that faction too who could say. But Blizzard is beeing so silenced about what is coming for us. I wouldn't look surprised next year at Blizzcon when they tell us next Wow expansion has a third faction
They could create third faction easily with Forsaken only.

Sylvanus is raising everyone like there is no tomorrow so there could be single faction uniting every other existing race in the game.

As undead.
That is exactly what i was thinking.
08/11/2018 10:43Posted by Lothamir
I wouldn't look surprised next year at Blizzcon

I wouldn't be surprised if it will be Diablo 2 reworked / remastered / reforged / rescheduled. Now all the classic games got this (Vanilla WOW + SC + WC3)
As much as I want one I don’t think they can. How would you level when all quests are Horde or Alliance?
10/11/2018 17:16Posted by Nimrhys
As much as I want one I don’t think they can. How would you level when all quests are Horde or Alliance?

Same way you are saving Nightborne/Highmountain as Alliance player only to get retconned so the highborne were saved by horde and highmountain never saw alliance player before.

Same way undead/orc warlock is exalted with cenarion circle/expedition.

Having 3 sided quests would be the smallest of problems.

And in case of having full undead 3rd faction you could just ding certain level as your normal race and then die and be undeadified.
In future expansions you could get your own chain quests on level 120+.
Maybe it would fix faction balance if they split horde in half....if it is a 50:50 thats the question.

As for quests...its simple u level up as horde then can decide at level 120 like pandarens.
I think they weren't, but players really like Sylvanas (what they didn't expect) .. so I guess now the story team is completely fubar.
Lvling is going to be easy as a 3rd faction. You can get quests from horde or alliance members already. But what if, The northrend becomes a new starting zone for the undead faction with the lich king and after reaching lvl 60 you get into the current timeline and you find yourself in a happy undead place with sylvanas. Or something much more easy would happen with the third faction. Any thing is possible
They are all nice ideas but unrealistic. I simply don’t have faith in them to do that. I’d love to be wrong.
So i truly believe and i mentioned it even before the release of BFA there will be a third faction, and if you choose too follow Sylvanas you will be in that third faction. Maybe as yourself or maybe as an undead orc/tauren/troll which gives also the perfect reason to have undead blood elfs allied race.

That sounds way too cool to actually happen
Well i have another variant. So as you know blizzard is making another raid for 8.1 where the different factions will have a different experiences. But what if behind that raid is even a bigger one. Like maybe even the finally. So if You chose Sylvanas then you become the "bad guys".(Pls don't hate me. Its just that blizzard is setting up Sylvanas like that). You resurrect even more forsaken, maybe even get for some blood trolls to help you? Idk but you would be like the scourge. I mean we are getting ALOT of Lich Kings refrences. But it could be becouse of Warcraft 3 reforged. And if you are the alliance you kinda become "One faction" with different ways. Well you just make allies. And at the end Sylvanas would be defeated but she would run away and you would be forgiven. But still with a mark!

But as always... Its just a theory!
In patch 8.1 Horde players have a choice, will they support Saurfang of will they follow Sylvanas.

I am curious about this part. Do we really get to choose? I thought it would be the same way every quest in WoW plays out... you click accept and follow the instructions.

It would be pretty awesome if they actually allowed us to decide something like that. :D
Personally I think it'd be AMAZING if they could such shake the state of a 14 year old game.

The ensuing chaos following one such move could really create an altogether new game in many respects.

Undead, perhaps also Trolls could leave the Horde. Gnomes and Worgen the Alliance? You'd need at least 4 new races though, two more to complete this third faction's roster (Vampires and Ogres?), and perhaps Great Men for Alliance and Voldunai for the Horde?

This is all ofc just wishful thinking but man, it'd be incredibly cool
i hope they split becuz horde got too many players so finally it will fix unbalance issues. But remember most of the players are Blood elves becuz Blood elves the most player race next is Human.
Im really hoping for a faction split too, I'm so tired of having to listen to this old orc and his brabbling about honor. Ultimately Im with the horde cus of Sylvanas, where ever she goes I follow.

I hope the Blood Elves will follow Sylvanas too, though. Or at least have the San'Layn as available allied race for Sylvanas her faction.
Hmm I do wonder where that leaves my Shaman, that Ive mained since TBC. Any chance to perform dark shamanism as undead? xD
13/11/2018 18:28Posted by Velaeda

I am curious about this part. Do we really get to choose? I thought it would be the same way every quest in WoW plays out... you click accept and follow the instructions.

It would be pretty awesome if they actually allowed us to decide something like that. :D

Agreed, it'd be really interesting to get two (or 3, let's throw in the option to stay neutral too we're at it) different storylines with separate outcomes.

But knowing Blizzard, it'd be most likely an illusion of choice and while the choices might make the story look like it's branching, it'll lead to the same outcome regardless of the player choice.