8.1 breaks levelling XP

General
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
09/11/2018 15:50Posted by Sindweller
09/11/2018 15:40Posted by Daecimus
Who said anything about quests

What else do you want? New dungeons? New raids? If not then that leaves us with new quests or world quests (lol)

09/11/2018 15:40Posted by Daecimus
but maybe you haven't considered that so many people find levelling tedious and irrelevant PRECISELY because it has been so woefully neglected?

Or maybe because they completely removed any form of progression from leveling. (*scaling*)

Nope, the big scaling 'issue' is yet another in a long line of people who well, haven't actually sat down and thought about how it actually effects gameplay for 99% of the time. People really do reach WAY over on this.

Who actually spends any amount of time killing lower or much higher level mobs? What should a player generally be doing? That's right, fighting mobs and doing quests at your level. The VAST majority of time is spent in the 'yellow' equal-level range.

Well, for the most part you lose out on fighting green mobs, and you lose out on fighting orange or dying to red ones.
You people ever consider the positives of the change? Now you can do 1-60 in a much more varied order. You know doing Ghostlands at level 55 and treat it as a high level area really gives the zone a new spin. Try that on a Blood Elf, it's pretty damn sweet.

As I said, a new talent tree 1-max would make a huge difference. Splitting spells into many more ranks will help as well. The point is simply getting something new and things to click make a very big impact.

Anyway, as if adding in a few quests here or there would be some massive resource drain-- don't be absurd. We're not talking about making a completely new zone from scratch are we? A few dotted random world quests in the older zones would make a HUGE difference to replayability for a tiny amount of effort.

You know believe it or not it isn't amazingly selfish for people who like levelling to ask for 1% of the resources to go on something they like now and again.

Oh and yet again, you are failing to see the point that actually adding in some stuff would encourage many more people to try it out, populate the world, and indeed just play more.

Nope. It is the 'endgame is everything' people that are 100% selfish. Dogmatic to a fine art "Endgame is the 'real game' because I said it is." It actually isn't, even in WoW. It certainly isn't in any other MMORPG, and levelling is an absolute core pillar of RPGs in general.

Just what the hell do you people think you're playing? Spoiler again: You don't know, and you don't care and are happy to compromise the game for what it is so you can play Instance of Warcraft.
09/11/2018 16:19Posted by Intensîty
09/11/2018 05:13Posted by Tymaar
Changes brought about after 7.3.5 made levelling worthwhile again and increases (slightly thereafter) were a good balance and compromise.

What's worthwhile in pressing the same 2 buttons for 2 weeks, after which you hit the BfA leveling which actually requires an IQ of 10 instead of zero.

Just because there is heirloom armor to be unlocked doesn't mean that leveling was relevant or challenging again. It was the same half-asleep 2 button grind as always, just that it took 2 weeks instead of 3 days.

You do realise you hit the same buttons at max level as well?

You know you people utterly undermine yourselves constantly by saying you essentially think this game's combat is crap. Actually, I tend to agree with that-- the difference is I think it's crap at 120 as well. I play some endgame, but you know it's nice to have a decent levelling system to supplement that.

I play this game for more than combat, however. It's nice to actually grow your character and move from zone to zone-- rather than do the same mind numbingly boring world quests in the same 6 zones for 2 years. Or do the same dozen or so dungeons for 2 years. Or do the same raid for months and months.

I have done The Barrens many times, but you know I don't spend two years going there almost every day.

My point is you people are clearly on very unstable debating ground, because your own arguments are self-defeating. The same argument that levelling is a 'boring samey grind' exactly applies to endgame-- indeed even more so I'd say because of day after day burnout.

"No but Mythic+!" Oh yes, exactly the same dungeons but mobs that hit a bit harder or do some extra gimmick. That's not fresh content.

"Damn you are so weird for watching red paint dry. I'm leaving, and off to watch blue paint dry." That's what you people argue.
09/11/2018 09:18Posted by Savoren
So complaining about 7.3.5 changes is bad for the game and done by players who "didn't achieve anything in the game", but complaining about 8.1 changes are perfectly okay, is that it?

They had to take the secret leveling nerf in prepatch and I've already said it back then that it was just the beginning and we had to keep up the fight instead of settling for that small victory. This is another step in the right direction but it still isn't enough, it'll never be until they revert 7.3.5 leveling changes and remove scaling from the game.
Wanting faster leveling is entitled apparently buying a boost is okay... I have given up on people online.
qq
09/11/2018 21:00Posted by Daecimus
Nope, the big scaling 'issue' is yet another in a long line of people who well, haven't actually sat down and thought about how it actually effects gameplay for 99% of the time. People really do reach WAY over on this.

Who actually spends any amount of time killing lower or much higher level mobs? What should a player generally be doing? That's right, fighting mobs and doing quests at your level. The VAST majority of time is spent in the 'yellow' equal-level range.

Well, for the most part you lose out on fighting green mobs, and you lose out on fighting orange or dying to red ones.
You people ever consider the positives of the change? Now you can do 1-60 in a much more varied order. You know doing Ghostlands at level 55 and treat it as a high level area really gives the zone a new spin. Try that on a Blood Elf, it's pretty damn sweet.

As I said, a new talent tree 1-max would make a huge difference. Splitting spells into many more ranks will help as well. The point is simply getting something new and things to click make a very big impact.

Anyway, as if adding in a few quests here or there would be some massive resource drain-- don't be absurd. We're not talking about making a completely new zone from scratch are we? A few dotted random world quests in the older zones would make a HUGE difference to replayability for a tiny amount of effort.

You know believe it or not it isn't amazingly selfish for people who like levelling to ask for 1% of the resources to go on something they like now and again.

Oh and yet again, you are failing to see the point that actually adding in some stuff would encourage many more people to try it out, populate the world, and indeed just play more.

Nope. It is the 'endgame is everything' people that are 100% selfish. Dogmatic to a fine art "Endgame is the 'real game' because I said it is." It actually isn't, even in WoW. It certainly isn't in any other MMORPG, and levelling is an absolute core pillar of RPGs in general.

Just what the hell do you people think you're playing? Spoiler again: You don't know, and you don't care and are happy to compromise the game for what it is so you can play Instance of Warcraft.

Funny it worked perfect up until Cata and i doubt you complained in tbc or wotlk that you could kill low lvl mobs easier please spare me your bile and insults towards others just because they do not share your narrowminded view .

There should be choice it's that simple and that is what they are doing by bringing in potions it's a choice .
09/11/2018 05:13Posted by Tymaar
These are the very SAME player(s) that HATE scaling in outdoor BfA content (and overall)

Yes, and we need them to make this BS disappear because scaling should NEVER be a thing in RPG.

Never.
Not being funny but im a fast leveler always have been and today's leveling ia fast as fk.... i leveled a maghar orc to 85 in 2 days the fastest ive leveld that fast ever and now they make it faster? Wtf lol. Blizzard are just giving in to every complaint these days due to lost subs... someone start a mass complain for free game time mounts and gold.
10/11/2018 03:22Posted by Hosomaki
Not being funny but im a fast leveler always have been and today's leveling ia fast as fk...

Good joke man, really good ...

I used to be able to level from 1 to 110 in 24ish hours, depending how much leveling I could stomach in a certain period ...

Now granted I am not a math genious, but would you explain to me how 20 to 85 in 2 days is faster then 1 to 110 in 24ish hours?

I love making alts to test out new classes, all classes which I atm have at 110 minimum now, test specs on different classes, yes I have multiples of the same class and most importantly to farm transmogs for certain armor and weapon types.

After I got nightborn open I was in a good spot, I managed to lvl it to 120 still with old leveling rules.

Leveled a highmountain cow to 120 with new leveling speed, and after that I havent even touched a new character untill maghar, which is sitting at around 54 or something, and I am not planning on returning to it any time soon.

And yes blizzard is giving into minor complaints about things that never needed fixing like leveling, a SMALL minority wanted slower leveling, the same small minority who used heirlooms while they leveled, cause taking them off duh.

I would still like to make alts, its was fun, I loved to see how fast I could lvl to max and gear a new char to a decent enough ilvl which would in bfa terms be 340-350 which all my 120s are atm at minimum.

You shouldnt really be making claims leveling is faster then it has ever bein, if its taking your TWICE as long as it used to take to get to last expansions max lvl.

Add the option pre 7.3.5 leveling and were good to go OR buff heirloom xp gains by an enormous amount and add tabard to give more.

I mean many of us paid insane amounts of gold to upgrade all heirlooms to 3/3 and now we are being shafted because a small minority cannot unequipt heirlooms.
09/11/2018 05:38Posted by Mielikkí
P.s get to 20k+ achives and a decent pet collection before slateing others for not doing much ...... see how it feels when somebody slates your views just cause of points not nice is it so stop doing it grow up and man up .

Experience is experience, if someone corrects me on something I don't have experience in I'd feel more than happy about it. I don't judge experience by mount or pet collection, I look at achievements over all and see what they've done in comment to see IF they've even played it or possibly being influenced by social media on what to say or think.

If someone has 0 pets, or 70 mounts but yet has good experience I've no issue with it.

I judge by experience and logic, not petty emotions.

Incase you missed it an incoming blanket change to Mob HP is going to happen aswell.

Nope. Not to the point where it ruins the game into a zerg fest, that's one thing they're not going to let happen, and I for one, am happy. They even stated it in a qna, it's against the game's core design and there has to be a balance. Scaling is THAT balance.

You got to stop the armoury shaming and stuff surrounding that ,give it a break it makes you look foolish.

Yup, looking at experience of the player(s) making comments that want to change the game is very stupid. Perhaps let's get people with 0 experience in game design to design it next.

At least say something sensible before you post. I remember you posting in another thread of mine with passive aggressive white knight attitude. The irony is, later in your post you objectively try to attack others (and your post history). Maybe you should listen to your own advice and learn to read posts properly.

You can't accept my views, too bad. I will post them more often. You can ignore me, or get on with it. As long as I don't break forum ToS, I'm here to stay - and intend to do just that.

Next up?

Scaling IS staying.
10/11/2018 03:22Posted by Hosomaki
Not being funny but im a fast leveler always have been and today's leveling ia fast as fk.... i leveled a maghar orc to 85 in 2 days the fastest ive leveld that fast ever and now they make it faster?

2 days for 85? Fast?
Ha, ha, what a guy.
10/11/2018 04:42Posted by Tymaar

Scaling IS staying.

People said the same for the leveling changes after 7.3.5, yet here we are.

They are reverting those leveling changes and same will be done for scaling too.
I'm levelling and have been for quite some time, I'm ecstatic there are changes afoot. I've not been in one dungeon on this char due to the complete waste of time they currently are, and that's a large % of content that could have contributed to my levelling process.

Now all we need is for heirloom gear to be reinstated to previous levels, so those that choose to use them gain the benefit.

Edited to add my absolute disdain for ilvl scaling. It's the killer of progression and utterly removes any level cap motivation. What is the point if you don't get stronger? I'm considering shelving at 110 and waiting for the next expansion, I think I'd end up far too frustrated if at 120 I end up weak and getting smashed by world mobs that should be easier to kill.
Its not going to be enough, a borefest is still a borefest even if it is shorter. The only way to partially fix levelling is to restore pre 7.3.5 conditions and then introduce a toggle. That way everyone is at least a little bit happier.

Scaling IS staying.

Just like the vanilla wall of NO? Its hard to believe a professional gaming company made so many asinine and downright unpopular decisions with this expansion. I wouldn't bet anything that major changes won't be made in the near future including scaling, ilvl scaling, GCD and master loot all of which have contributed to a catastrophic loss of subscriptions.
10/11/2018 09:23Posted by Toohottodot

Scaling IS staying.

Just like the vanilla wall of NO? Its hard to believe a professional gaming company made so many asinine and downright unpopular decisions with this expansion. I wouldn't bet anything that major changes won't be made in the near future including scaling, ilvl scaling, GCD and master loot all of which have contributed to a catastrophic loss of subscriptions.

+1
I leveled a DI Dwarf from 20-120, as my first ever time leveling a char through most of the levels I can honestly say it was one of the most empty and unsatisfying experiences of WoW. The only two quest zones that were interesting and fun to play through were MoP and Legion as they went by quickly and had some semblance of story to follow.
I disagree. This was a good change. I might actually level my allied races now after letting them rot at 40-ish level for months.
I leveled 2/3 allied races to 110 after all the nerfs to leveling speed. I couldn't be happier that finally leveling is getting fixed again.

People like you are why we can't have nice things. Take your heirlooms off and stop whining. The choice is there.

Also, if you want to spend months on leveling a single char, classic is coming soon so hang tight.
09/11/2018 08:10Posted by Pointybeard
I totally agree with the OP.

All of you moaning about levelling taking too long are just impatiant 'I want it now' kiddies.

I've started a new toon from level 1, I'm not even halfway through Outland and they're level 90 already.

Please, when classic comes out go there and don't return. Let wow remain what it is with its modern quality of life changes and you can have all the fun walking around Azeroth getting killed by lvl 11 gnolls all you like.