8.1 breaks levelling XP

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
Experience is experience, if someone corrects me on something I don't have experience in I'd feel more than happy about it. I don't judge experience by mount or pet collection, I look at achievements over all and see what they've done in comment to see IF they've even played it or possibly being influenced by social media on what to say or think.

If someone has 0 pets, or 70 mounts but yet has good experience I've no issue with it.

I judge by experience and logic, not petty emotions.

You do know right that players in top guilds hide behind low lvl alts and hide there achivements right ? making your whole post moot armoury shaming proves nothing and is a pointless task thats what you dont understand you have no logic at all .
I cant wait for the change. Gonna level more of my characters up.
10/11/2018 02:42Posted by Darkduprey
09/11/2018 05:13Posted by Tymaar
These are the very SAME player(s) that HATE scaling in outdoor BfA content (and overall)

Yes, and we need them to make this BS disappear because scaling should NEVER be a thing in RPG.

Never.

This is very true. The mob scaling is bad because the whole point of an mmorpg is power scaling, the more gear you get the stronger you are, and those boars become mere target practice, rather than endgame boss level hp and dps.
Nope. Not to the point where it ruins the game into a zerg fest, that's one thing they're not going to let happen, and I for one, am happy. They even stated it in a qna, it's against the game's core design and there has to be a balance. Scaling is THAT balance.

You are silly if you cant see the difference between reducing HP and scaling please go read up

10/11/2018 04:42Posted by Tymaar
At least say something sensible before you post. I remember you posting in another thread of mine with passive aggressive white knight attitude. The irony is, later in your post you objectively try to attack others (and your post history). Maybe you should listen to your own advice and learn to read posts properly.

Never whiteknighted blizzard at all so yet again you are full of lies which you are very good at .

Nope. Not to the point where it ruins the game into a zerg fest, that's one thing they're not going to let happen, and I for one, am happy. They even stated it in a qna, it's against the game's core design and there has to be a balance. Scaling is THAT balance.

It's in patch 8.1 notes i think you need to adjust your reading skills .
I have levelled 2 Allied races. In the process of levelling a Mag'har.
Frankly GOOD!
I have Loremaster. I have not only seen it all but read it all.
I love the scaling idea, I love how I can't one-shot everything.
I hate how long it takes.
Levelling needed to be less brain-dead. Not longer.

Allied races should still require some work & dedication to unlock.
However unlocking their armour should not be this much of a chore.
It's such a relief that the normal race Heritage Armour doesn't require that.
I don't care if it was more time-consuming for my Highmountain, Void Elf & Mag'har.
I care that it's faster for whatever I level going forward.
About time!

Not gonna bring back alot people who already unsubbed, but it's a step in the right direction.
You aren't going to like this thread if you are easily offended by different opinions other than what is perceived to be the over all majority.

Because reading your thread, it came off as trying to play to people's emotions, poorly argumented and can be boiled down to "Listen to me, not to others". Also welcome to the minority, enjoy your stay.

For the players that had to take so long to level up to unlock their Allied Races' heritage armour, it totally slaps them in the face turning levelling into a ding machine once more

This is what I mean by playing to people's emotions. "It's a slap in the face, it is unfair, bladebladebla". I think it's safe to say that the people who did manage to get heritage armor felt more relieved that the torture was over, as opposed to feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment that they got there. There's a good chance that other people have Allied Races stuck in some brackets, and it will encourage them to get their characters up to scratch.

It is as they say: Early adopters better know that they're getting in to something that may be subject to change. And faster leveling is always a good thing in my book.

Changes brought about after 7.3.5 made levelling worthwhile again and increases (slightly thereafter) were a good balance and compromise.

Only good thing about the changes was the level scaling. What wasn't great was mobs getting their health pools inflated and all over the place, that in some places they are only a bit sturdier, while others are just unsoloable for one reason or another, and for artifically inflating the amount of time it takes to get things done.

Me and my girlfriend are leveling some alts, and I don't think either of us are really big fans of how slow the leveling is. She actually said that the only reason it's taking so long to level up, is because everything takes so long to kill, to the point that when we finally killed one pack, another appeared behind us while doing a quest. That ain't exactly that great.

Nerfing XP down into the ground because whingers complain isn't the way to go.

Neither was it when they buffed the experience because whingers complained about it.

You know, that poster who constantly posts about everything BAD in the game, but has in reality very little achieved or completed

What's your point?

you don't and won't please this mentality. These are the very SAME player(s) that HATE scaling in outdoor BfA content (and overall), because they are always in that "go-go" mode.

Oh look, a gross oversimplification of who people are and what they are like. Almost as if the person making this kind of post has no idea what they're talking about.

It isn't the game is at fault here, the changes brought about to boost XP slightly after 7.3.5 were a good balance and should be the ONLY changes

Yes. It is the game at fault here. It's part gamer mindsets changing, and part game design. Gamers are at fault because they've developed a super-serious competitive attitude to every game, where everything is a "Do or die" situation for them, and the game pretty much having features and elements that compliment that kind of thinking (Hello Mythic+ dungeons).

And when the game's design practically makes everything past an expansion obsolete, and the game truly starting at the max level, you know that the leveling part of the game is pretty much a "Means to an End" sort of thing. And don't lie to me by saying that it's not true.

stop giving into demands that break the game and turn it into a zerg fest either for XP gains or making mobs/bosses in low level content useless.

Low level content is already useless, because there's nothing interesting to do with it. It'd be a lot more enjoyable to level if people had the opportunity to do bonus objectives while leveling, or have World Quests pop up for people to do. You know, to beat the whole "Go to spot, pick up quests, go do quest, turn in" monotonous grind that is the leveling experience.

stop giving into whingers and keep the game as it was meant to be.

Instead of making these long-winded threads about how leveling should be this long haul which are ultimately annoying and worthless to people, why not make a thread that offers suggestions to make it more interesting to level a new character? Such as occurences, bonus objectives or world quests dotted around a zone for people to complete for extra experience, money and other rewards?

Oh wait, I forgot, you think leveling should be a grind because it will somehow give people a sense of pride and accomplishment. Nevermind.
60-80 is torture.
And im on 74.
NGAHHHH MAKE IT STOP!
Questing gives like 18-20k xp
Im going to rely on battleground wins, cause thats the fastest way to get xp.x
10/11/2018 14:42Posted by Tubri
Instead of making these long-winded threads about how leveling should be this long haul which are ultimately annoying and worthless to people, why not make a thread that offers suggestions to make it more interesting to level a new character?

Complaining about complainers is easier.
10/11/2018 13:12Posted by Zensor
I cant wait for the change. Gonna level more of my characters up.

Yeah I'm certainly going to give getting heritage armour another try. It was so damn slow and boring. I doubt it will be any less boring but if it goes a bit smoother it might be bearable.
Why do people find the 60-80 so bad? I recently did it on an alt, Howling Fjord alone gave me 58-65. Took me 2,5 Wotlk zones, 1 dungeon and some candybuckets to get to 80.

But in general, I'm looking forward to an overall increase in leveling speed,because 120 levels are just alot!
Just wait till WoW classic releases and it alone gains more activity than retail. Should finally put the last nail in the coffin over "nobody wants long boring leveling" argument.
My only issue with lvling as is, is the wonky scaling. I'm alright with being unable to 1-shot mobs (Which I still can on some alts, so moot point really), but rather doing dungeons makes my healer or tank alts feel terrible, I don't mind a challenge -I wouldn't have done mythic raiding if so- but literally praying and hoping I don't die every pack or everyone doesn't die mid-cast is terrible.

So I for one welcome the exp nerf so I can get faster through hell and to max lvl content where I have all my abilities and less risk of people dying for stupid scaling induced reasons.
I will lvl some allied races finally,awesome!
10/11/2018 16:16Posted by Abacabb
Just wait till WoW classic releases and it alone gains more activity than retail. Should finally put the last nail in the coffin over "nobody wants long boring leveling" argument.
You bloody know well why this won't be the case pre-MoP talents the entire leveling journey gave you plenty of skills and you had an active talent tree, nowadays thanks to scaling every level you gain you get weaker and gain 0 abilities for very long times! Leveling is boring and takes way too long at this point. Plz don't go with learning the 3-4 button rotation, they need to add looms for every slot and just give us back pre-7.3.5 leveling speed (along with xp potions) then the choice is simple. You wanna take long with leveling? Don't equip the looms! And if you want to equip the looms and even maybe use an XP pot or enchants here or there.

Sick and tired of non-loremasters telling me to enjoy the story, sick and tired of people who never explored (I ran around the entire world the last week pre-Cata pre-patch for a last time ontop of it) telling me to enjoy the enviorement. For completionist people like me (and of course people with many alts) leveling became and is now a chore, with nothing to look forward than a talent every 15 levels (0 after lv 100!) and getting weaker every time you ding. It's depressing really.
10/11/2018 16:16Posted by Abacabb

Thing is, the leveling in Classic is the main meat of the game. While in Retail it really isn't.
I'd like to see the same nerfs for 110-120 leveling. It is really harsh to level chars without flying, while levels require a lot of exp.
so we get 34% faster leveling i hope NOT SLOWER!!!its slow enough
I have a question to people who want it to be slower.

What is your endgoal? 4 days playtime per talent point? 1000 hours played for max level?
What is the point?

Leveling was never hard, even during old days yes it took time but that was not why it felt rewarding, it felt rewarding because you got something every level.

Levelling is something you can overcome with time no matter how "hard" it is, you can always overcome it by throwing time at it. There is no challange there, there is no failstate at all. Time=/=feeling rewarded.

Just making levelling take longer is the exact same as giving current hogger in elywyn forest 600billion hitpoints. It is not one bit harder or more rewarding you still can't die, you still can't lose you just punch him for 2 days and drops the same grey bracers.

Making levelling take longer does not make it mean more.
Now, Activison (there is no more Blizzard ^^), enable our hard earned heirlooms which we paid for to go to lvl 120.
And, while you are at it, give us flight. I have waded through enough adds on the ground , tyvm.