8.1 breaks levelling XP

General
Prev 1 6 7 8
Interest in levelling = zero.

Do I want to 2 button my way to 120 in a world with scalling? No. You could make it so fast I get there in 3 hours but I'd still not do it.

I don't care about how long but I do care about the journey. Right now the journey is boring and that's what needs fixing.

Remove scalling.

This game is changed and will continue to change. BfA will evolve away from an mmorpg. Classic is planned to fill the void.
12/11/2018 07:23Posted by Sylvalyr
10/11/2018 03:22Posted by Hosomaki
Not being funny but im a fast leveler always have been and today's leveling ia fast as fk.... i leveled a maghar orc to 85 in 2 days the fastest ive leveld that fast ever and now they make it faster? Wtf lol. Blizzard are just giving in to every complaint these days due to lost subs... someone start a mass complain for free game time mounts and gold.

85 in two days is fast? What? People hit 110 in 10-12 hours... lol

I thought the same when I read that. 2 days and 85... Boi... I remember pre 7.3.5 I was like 85 in about 9 hours in. Leveling to 90 or even 100 was absolutely not an issue in 24 hours or even less.
If you care about "leveling the hard way", you know, the achievements in this game kinda have a date to them?

Srsly, i am happy they gonna cut around 25-40% of the exp needed to lvl up, with all this allied race, i started to lvl up alts of diffrend race, to my suprice they then anounced heritage armor for other race = win / win.

Also, you are posting on a monk, who are to say you didnt just lvl up your allied race as a monk?, thats free 50% exp compare to any other race, shall we then QQ about you (or the ppl) who lvl a monk up instead of the other class for said race?.

And what about achievement that offer mounts?, i srsly hate the thing blizz did to the black / plague proto-drake, had love them myself, (for not talking about other removed mounts from raids) but, they removed them to make PvE'er feel special, your into that stuff aswell then?, since doing said stuff a few expansion later is solo able = bad in your option?
No need to go further than the first sentence
09/11/2018 05:13Posted by Tymaar
Spoiler: You aren't going to like this thread if you are easily offended

to know this is a trash tier trolling attempt
10/11/2018 13:04Posted by Mielikkí

You do know right that players in top guilds hide behind low lvl alts and hide there achivements right ? making your whole post moot armoury shaming proves nothing and is a pointless task thats what you dont understand you have no logic at all .

Achievements are account-wide

Not if you check the litte button ingame saying "show char achives only"
If you have the lore-master achievement in a continent then your account should get a permanent rested xp bar (= dbl xp) for that continent in future.

So to get DOUBLE xp you simply have to play the game and take part in the 'story' on ONE toon.

For example a toon that completes eastern Kingdoms lore-master will get am account wide reward of DOUBLE xp for any further toons levelling in eastern Kingdoms. A similar achievement & reward for kalimdor, Outland, Northrend, Pandaland, Draenor, The Broken Shore will ensure that you get DOUBLR xp on future toons.

The ONLY people who could complain about this are new players BUT IMO the 'story' is a massively important part of the game and if you absolutely MUST skip it then just sell mini-boosts for something like 25 levels for $10 so peeps can mix-n-match.

I know my idea is probably total pants to most of you but it seems as good an idea as any other to me.
12/11/2018 18:07Posted by Avitlarge
If you have the lore-master achievement in a continent then your account should get a permanent rested xp bar (= dbl xp) for that continent in future.

Hmm I could actually go behind this, but would like a minor addition to it ...

[The Loremaster] Reward Loremasters Colors, equip increases all experience you gain by 100%.

Meaning if you have done the whole deal, you would actually be rewarded with something to show for it.

Sure it would equal a total of 200% xp gain, but so what, you have tabard to show that you have already gone through it all.
I've levelled this toon to this lvl in 2 weeks doings bg's, instances and ocassional questing. I spent most my time messing around in goldshire.

I can't understand why leveling is being made easier, I was having a blast with it and seemed so fast already.
Every class feels so unquie to play, why would anyone want to rush that expreince to play it at max level, also you get to learn a class through levelling.
Roll on classic, I believe that era suited me the best anyway.
12/11/2018 21:37Posted by Ohbyru
Every class feels so unquie to play, why would anyone want to rush that expreince to play it at max level, also you get to learn a class through levelling.

Maybe because people have done it so often, that it offers nothing new, and not all want to erp in goldshire.

And learning the class through leveling oh please, what can you learn from leveling that you cant learn within 60 1st levels.

At max the potential to do anything opens, and even if I do hate bfa, the end game is what really has unique stuff since its the latest expansion, however boring and actually shait it is.
I've levelled this toon to this lvl in 2 weeks doings bg's, instances and ocassional questing. I spent most my time messing around in goldshire.

I can't understand why leveling is being made easier, I was having a blast with it and seemed so fast already.
It gets excruciating after you do the same content 4 times over.
12/11/2018 22:16Posted by Shimia

Maybe because people have done it so often, that it offers nothing new, and not all want to erp in goldshire.

Why would you need to relevel more of the same class? If they done it before they surley don't need to do it again.
Also leave my erp out of this, what happens in goldshire stays in goldshire >:D.
Now a lot of people say that the scaling is a great thing , that You can do the story quests and kill stuff before they turn grey , that you can learn to play Your char ( yes spamming 4 spells all the time , this is how it looks like now ) and that they actually enjoy lvling more cause they can stay in one zone for 20 lvls and they dont outlvl it ( yawn , booooring ) . I see it a bit different , since you can lvl in one zone for many lvl's You are missing a lot of content , why ? Before You was going to a zone , did some quests a dungeon etc and within 5 lvl's You had to leave to another zone and You had to figure out how to travel there either mount or ship or whatever , You was simply exploring the World of Warcraft , different zones ,opening different flying spots , You was trying to gather mats so You could craft gear to suit You while You lvl in specific zone etc etc . Now You can stay at same zone , do You story quests , miss half of the World , skip professions ( cause You get same items with same stats or one stat better all the time from quests etc nothing to shine ) , run random dungeons , and You've missed half of the game cause You can stay at one zone for "eternity" while You spam Your 4 button rotation. This is not how it should be and i will not understand the people who actually like it . Lemme bring an example , im 35 lvl and at 38 im getting new skill im like wow finally something that gonna hit harder , i try to get 3 lvls as fast as i can , yay finally im 38 , got the skill . Going to try it out and meh doesnt do anything im same shieet as i was 3 lvl before cause i kill the same monster at same amount of time . This is not even challenging its just BORING ! You hate fast lvlup ? Dont use looms , dont buy bags , dont send money from Your main or whatever , get the feeling that it is Your first char , enjoy Your quests and leave the rest in peace i mean those who love to one shot stuff and run thru 50 different zones while they lvl new toon . This is how I see it . We already lost the pvp aspect of the game , where people are forced to go thru pve to be able to pvp and now this , we cant lvl as we want because people wanted slower lvling at the expense of the rest . Guess what You HAD A CHOICE to lvl up slower and we DONT HAVE a choice to lvl up much faster cause of scaling . And to run same dungeon for 40 lvls cause the mobs remain at Your lvl is a joke . I only see one good aspect here , that even if You have some lvls difference with You friend You can still play togather etc but still its till one of You hit 120 faster and will start to enjoy other stuff the other one will have to catch You up so its still nothing special . At the end for me the scaling and slower lvl up ruined the fun aspect of the game , it became boring . Thats just my opinion .

If Your eyes didnt start to bleed because of my bad English You should know that that im bad at it and im sorry for that , I was trying to say my opinion .

Achievements are account-wide

Not if you check the litte button ingame saying "show char achives only"

Does this affect achievements shown on WoW Profiler?
I think they should have buffed xp from heirlooms so atleast the bonus xp is a choice.
I've levelled this toon to this lvl in 2 weeks doings bg's, instances and ocassional questing.

2 weeks. Kudos to you for that patience for I and many others do not have that much patience or willingness. You see, that's the entire issue. If you wanna take 2 weeks to level so max level then that is your choice and is perfectly fine. Now where is the choice for people that want to level quickly in a day or so? Oh, what is that? They nerfed all ways to achieve max level at a high speed? Well then!

This is the most common thing. People want choices on how quickly to level. I dunno why Blizzard doesn't offer something like that but I guess they really don't read the forums at all because that suggestion was put up a million times. Instead we have now again an 40% required EXP reduction thing at level 60. Which is great, yes. But honestly if something needs a 40% nerf then you know they !@#$ed up badly.