Keep the NPCs in the next expansion?

Story
Hey guys,
I figured that I quite enjoy Nathanos on the horde side, he brings a nice Lucasarts TIE Fighter vibe to the whole story ("you will serve the emperor or die" that kinda thing). I like Flynn on the alliance side even more, he's the most enjoyable NPC that I met in game probably for years. The reason is most likely because he does not take himself (or the whole game world) too seriously. It is a real treat after listening to Illidan's grunting about not showing mercy to the legion, for months.

I am also trying to level an alt, during which I got back to WoD and got reminded how much I liked Yrel's storyline on the alliance side. It's really a bummer that that was her only part.

Which brings me to the point: is there any hope to keep some of the NPCs (dunno, the fan favorites?) going in the next expansions, and give them a more active role? Development time was spent on making these characters likeable and building a story arch for them. Who says they wouldn't fit into a new expansion with a bit of creativity?

Well, my 2 cents on the valuable connection that players build with particularly fun NPCs. Even if they are not main characters of the Warcraft storyline, they might play a role.
(Also, it might be more realistic and more relatable than hanging out with Anduin, Jaina, Sylvanas, and the rest of the biggest heroes of the world.)
10/11/2018 11:14Posted by Sylphiel
Which brings me to the point: is there any hope to keep some of the NPCs (dunno, the fan favorites?) going in the next expansions, and give them a more active role?

There was one pretty cool totally new character in the beginning of the BfA. Her name was Delaryn Summermoon.
Just in one book and in couple of quests I have felt in love with her.

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/thumb/0/00/Elegy_art1.jpg/1024px-Elegy_art1.jpg

But Blizzard.... again those Blizzard.... They killed her, then rise her as undead, then made her traitor of her own race, putted her in to the Horde as Sylvanas fan.

I don't know why, but Blizzard does loves to destroy everything that is nice in this game.
Nanthanos needs to die, alongside his so beloved Banshee-Queen.

If Sylvanas goes, then Nanthanos will go to. Also I doubt the Horde needs more of him, they're in dire need of some proper Orc, Troll and Tauren heroes! Ofcourse some more Undead 'heroes' need to be created to, to detach the Forsaken from their Banshee-Queen.

But honestly, if anything the Orc, Troll and Tauren heroes is a much bigger issue on the Horde-side, currently.

That said; I like Flynn Fairwind, and I like Taelia Fordragon to, but I think the Alliance is not in need for even more Human heroes. I rather see them expand upon Draenei, Gnome and Dwarven heroes, as they to, are in dire need of some proper heroes. Draenei only have Velen, Gnomes only had Mekkatorque and the Dwarves have the three clan leaders, without anyone to replace them with.

THat being said, I do belief we are in an overall severe lack of "minor" heroes for both sides. Only the Kaldorei and Sin'dorei seem fine in that department, to be fair.
Flynn Fairwind should die, he disgraces the Proudmoores with his mere presence. He is pirate scum, Piracy is the worst possible crime one can commit under Kul Tiran law.
10/11/2018 11:29Posted by Arctur
Flynn Fairwind should die, he disgraces the Proudmoores with his mere presence. He is pirate scum, Piracy is the worst possible crime one can commit under Kul Tiran law.

He is a honourable pirate, though... Like Captain Jack Sparrow!

Or Han Solo... :P
I like Lucy Waycrest. But I'm quite sure we won't hear from her again in the forseeable future.

And Arctur is once again in his Kul Tiran phase! You can get Flynn over my dead body!
Nathanos and Gallywix. Love their current development. The Forsaken need more characters with a defined personality and Nathanos is cool.

And Gallywix is one guilty pleasure of mine. Love the way he diss, specially his dialogues regarding gnome tech.

And from the new cast, Loti and Raal.
10/11/2018 11:21Posted by Призраклеса
There was one pretty cool totally new character in the beginning of the BfA. Her name was Delaryn Summermoon.

Have you considered that maybe you shouldn't have gotten attached to her? She got killed off in the same content that introduced her, we didn't know her for any longer than two weeks.

Characters that I'd like to see about?
Halford Wyrmbane. He works well as the face of the Alliance military, although he should tone down his affection for Void Elves.
Mathias Shaw also is quite well written, as the face of the more pragmatic side of the Alliance, if only he was treated as such more often.
Derek Proudmoore. I know that he's almost certainly going to die, but I'd like to see him adapt to his condition (without his conditioning) at some point, perhaps so he might act as a bridge between living and unliving, to be accepted by his family once more once Sylvanas is out of the picture.
Thomas Zelling, Amalia Stone and others. I want to see this new generation of Forsaken stick around and have some impact on the direction of the Forsaken, hopefully dragging it away from the inlfuence of Sylvanas at some point.
Rokhan is doing a good job as the face of the Darkspear Trolls. Hopefully that race isn't left forgotten and he's given a decent role as something of a leader of them. Zekhan can bugger off.
10/11/2018 11:21Posted by Призраклеса

Have you considered that maybe you shouldn't have gotten attached to her? She got killed off in the same content that introduced her, we didn't know her for any longer than two weeks.

Characters that I'd like to see about?
Halford Wyrmbane. He works well as the face of the Alliance military, although he should tone down his affection for Void Elves.
Mathias Shaw also is quite well written, as the face of the more pragmatic side of the Alliance, if only he was treated as such more often.
Derek Proudmoore. I know that he's almost certainly going to die, but I'd like to see him adapt to his condition (without his conditioning) at some point, perhaps so he might act as a bridge between living and unliving, to be accepted by his family once more once Sylvanas is out of the picture.
Thomas Zelling, Amalia Stone and others. I want to see this new generation of Forsaken stick around and have some impact on the direction of the Forsaken, hopefully dragging it away from the inlfuence of Sylvanas at some point.
Rokhan is doing a good job as the face of the Darkspear Trolls. Hopefully that race isn't left forgotten and he's given a decent role as something of a leader of them. Zekhan can bugger off.

I agree with the last part! The Forsaken need a breath of fresh air in their ranks! Prefferable ones who aren't simple Sylvanas-drones.

Rokhan is awesome, and would be an awesome replacement for Vol'jin once he gets a proper character arc! I hope they don't let Talanji overshadow him, though!

And honestly, we need more Tauren heroes beside Baine to! Not that I personally find anything wrong with Baine, except for his questionable decision of exileing those Taurens who wanted revenge, but we all make mistakes when we're leading. Especially if that is suddenly thrust upon your shoulders. (See Talanji teaming up with the Lich-Queen)...
10/11/2018 11:31Posted by Moridunum

He is a honourable pirate, though... Like Captain Jack Sparrow!

Or Han Solo... :P

There are no honorable pirates. They are all filthy thieves who make a living by murdering and threatening innocents. I want to watch Freehold, that wretched hive of scum and villainy, burn to ashes around me. I want to kill every last pirate worm that plagues the Proudmoores. This is what Kul Tiran Law demands, and I serve the Law.
10/11/2018 14:45Posted by Arctur
There are no honorable pirates. They are all filthy thieves who make a living by killing and threatening innocents. I want to watch Freehold, that wretched hive of scum and villainy, burn to ashes around me. I want to kill every last pirate worm in Kul Tiras. This is what Kul Tiran Law demands, and I serve the Law.

Would you describe yourself as Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral?
10/11/2018 14:47Posted by Taxania
Would you describe yourself as Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral?

Arctur is the Lawful Evil of these forums, I claim it and sign it.
10/11/2018 14:50Posted by Araphant
Arctur is the Lawful Evil of these forums, I claim it and sign it.

Now now, let the man speak for himself.
How can the Proudmoores strike fear into the black hearts of their pathetic enemies if they cannot even uphold Kul Tiran law?

If it were up to me, I'd just send the full might of the legendary Kul Tiran Fleet to Freehold. Let nothing remain of that corrupted nest of vipers. That would certainly send a clear message to all enemies of Proudmoore.

Piracy is a sickness that festers at the very core of our noble people, and we have already suffered a major civil war that almost resulted in the destruction of our glorious House Proudmoore. We cannot risk another one, nor can we let the Irontide scum prevail.

There is no honorable pirate. They are all thieves.
10/11/2018 14:53Posted by Taxania
Now now, let the man speak for himself.

You asked for it.
There are no honorable pirates. They are all filthy thieves who make a living by murdering and threatening innocents. I want to watch Freehold, that wretched hive of scum and villainy, burn to ashes around me. I want to kill every last pirate worm in Kul Tiras. This is what Kul Tiran Law demands, and I serve the Law.
Lol, Mathias Shaw is a rogue, which trained rogues :P
10/11/2018 15:17Posted by Shandyra
There are no honorable pirates. They are all filthy thieves who make a living by murdering and threatening innocents. I want to watch Freehold, that wretched hive of scum and villainy, burn to ashes around me. I want to kill every last pirate worm in Kul Tiras. This is what Kul Tiran Law demands, and I serve the Law.
Lol, Mathias Shaw is a rogue, which trained rogues :P

Shaw is the leader of the most elite spy organization on the planet, dutifully loyal to House Wrynn. He is not some outlaw who blackmails innocents.
10/11/2018 15:24Posted by Arctur
Shaw is the leader of the most elite spy organization on the planet, dutifully loyal to the House of Wrynn. He is not some outlaw who blackmails innocents.
But he gives the people the ability to do it. Edwin VanCleef was his student.
10/11/2018 15:29Posted by Shandyra
10/11/2018 15:24Posted by Arctur
Shaw is the leader of the most elite spy organization on the planet, dutifully loyal to the House of Wrynn. He is not some outlaw who blackmails innocents.
But he gives the people the ability to do it. Edwin VanCleef was his student.

Rogues are not necessarily thieves.

Shaw never stole from innocents like worthless pirates do. Furthermore, he couldn't have imagined that VanCleef would end up going mad and become one of the worst war criminals that Azeroth has ever seen.