How social was the demo?

Classic Discussion
For those that played the demo, how social were other players? Was it like back then (for those that played Vanilla) or still pretty much the same as BfA?

With being social, I mean did people talk to you, did they offer help when you were in trouble, were there a lot of groups forming, etc. How was the experience in general?

I'm fairly curious about this. It's obviously not a perfect representation of the eventual product, but the demo does offer the first actual clues about whether Classic will foster a different gaming experience compared to current WoW.
It was almost like back than.

With the exception of retail monkeys coming in chat and saying dumb things.
10/11/2018 15:18Posted by Recollector

you know there was a price to pay to get access .. there wont be such a steep price when its released .. it will be free roam for anyone who has a subscription chances are what was experienced in the demo wont be the same atmosphere as in the actual launch.

there will be more people in classic which don't care about classic when it eventually releases, believe it or not, not everyone bought blizzcon tickets.
10/11/2018 15:27Posted by Pixelbear

you know there was a price to pay to get access .. there wont be such a steep price when its released .. it will be free roam for anyone who has a subscription chances are what was experienced in the demo wont be the same atmosphere as in the actual launch.

there will be more people in classic which don't care about classic when it eventually releases, believe it or not, not everyone bought blizzcon tickets.

The real price of admission in classic will the the effort of lvling to a higher lvl not paying rl money.

This will probably also be the case during the initial phases of Classic. I hope it'll go down to an acceptable level after a while.
10/11/2018 15:30Posted by Bumkin

The real price of admission in classic will the the effort of lvling to a higher lvl not paying rl money.

if it stay roughly 30% faster (so i was told) like it was in the demo leveling will not be no were near as big of a deal as people think.. i hope they revert it back to true vanilla levels . and that the increased leveling speed was just a demo thing.

You're right, and probably during the initial couple of weeks this will be the case, but after a while, when the hype of the launch goes over, it'll go back to a more normal experience. I hope.

10/11/2018 15:30Posted by Bumkin

This.
How social was other players? What other players? I ran into maybe one person every hour due to all the sharding crap. It's not exactly good breeding grounds for social interactions.
Same here, saw very few other players...
Sharding was aggressively getting in the way of socialization. Worth watching below. Only 20 seconds long. The player in question is trying to attend a $500 dollar PVP event but sharding is stopping them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx9cSwgsbKQ&feature=youtu.be
10/11/2018 17:33Posted by Meibhín
Sharding was aggressively getting in the way of socialization. Worth watching below. Only 20 seconds long. The player in question is trying to attend a $500 dollar PVP event but sharding is stopping them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx9cSwgsbKQ&feature=youtu.be

Wow, that is insane. I did not know it was used that much. Yeah I can see how that kills any chance of getting to know people.

I remember running into the same people over and over again in a particular zone while questing, so that you eventually grouped up when you reached the last part of the quest chain that you needed to do in group. Then you added that person to your friend list and voila, you're starting to fill your very own dungeon finder.

How is that an exception, i'm quite sure that in the original vanilla there were players as well that didnt play it before. just see those players as newbies as they havent experienced vanilla before either