BFA isn't THAT bad tbh

Story
story, gameplay etc all fine but the thing is when you compare it to the previous expansion this one seems like peanuts. we went from fighting sargeras, meeting titans, going to argus with legendary weapons and stuff to going to kul tiras and zandalar. it was always going to be underwhelming.
Yeah, just burn down a world three, where lived the majority of the night elves, for no reason. All other still support here for no reason. All are okay with the methods of the scourge for some reason?

Nah, the main story was never that stupid. Okay, except of WoD.
14/11/2018 06:34Posted by Shandyra
Nah, the main story was never that stupid.

"There must always be a lich king."
"We dragon aspects have fulfilled our great purpose and our ancient power... is expended."
I actually hated Legion more, in every way except story.

Unlike BfA the story was just boring as hell rather infuriatingly bad. Although there were a few moments that were cringe, like Sargeras stabbing the world and everything involving Malfurion and Tyrande.

BfA is still pretty bad.
14/11/2018 02:01Posted by Jorginhó
it was always going to be underwhelming

We started Legion off by helping some mana-addicts and helping a few Tauren because a mongrel decided to steal a very special hammer. In terms of early storytelling, BfA is comparable with Legion.

I must admit that I think the BfA's storylines are fine, both Zandalar and Kul Tiras are fun although a bit mediocre. The real problem is the pre-patch, probably the lowest level of storywriting I have ever seen. I dare to argue that even Just Cause 2 had a more interesting story than the BfA pre-patch.
14/11/2018 02:01Posted by Jorginhó
story, gameplay etc all fine but the thing is when you compare it to the previous expansion this one seems like peanuts. we went from fighting sargeras, meeting titans, going to argus with legendary weapons and stuff to going to kul tiras and zandalar. it was always going to be underwhelming.

I disagree

The setting of BfA is way better than the Legion setting IMO.
I will always prefer being an Adventurer over being a Superhero and Kul'Tiras absolutely felt like an Adventure.

BfA is worse, mainly because of Gameplay reasons and the severe lack of enjoyable content. The problem with the story is that Blizzard seems to have trouble writing a new and exciting faction war. It has become repetitive, predictable and boring...

1. Horde gets extremist Warchief
2. Warchief goes mental and attacks the Alliance
3. Alliance loses hard in the war
4. Some Horde dude is not happy with the Warchief and turns on them
5. united Alliance pushes back against the divided Horde
6. Neither Alliance nor Horde players are happy about the outcome
I also found Legion much worse. BfA would be very decent if the faction conflict would've been handled better. The world expanding lore is very good.
All other still support here for no reason. All are okay with the methods of the scourge for some reason?

What exactly is the issue here? Which horde leader spoke up when the degenerate zombies performed human experiments for decades? Which horde leader spoke up after Southshore or Gilneas? Completely in character, spineless little grubs the lot of them.
Eh. Legion wrecked the cosmic stuff (again), BfA wrecks the concept of factions (again). And WoD overestimated my power to suspend my disbelief from the very premise...

I enjoyed Legion's story more, because I care less about it. Yup, that's how it works by now.
Bfa is a fine expansion in on it self the Story is not as terrible as some Claim either.
There are just certain elements of repetition that are interesting to discuss and throw Some Valid Criticism at.

Such as the Horde Being aggressor because of a war happy warchief.

Lack of proper faction War.

Then we've elements of a different Nature such as terrible motivations for war.
The lack of anything to feel remotely happy about your Faction if you are Horde.

The sudden personality switches of certain Alliance Characters just to fit more in line with Anduins peace nature.

Finally we've stuff like Jaina's flying ship, Tyrandes Wrath transformation and so on.

It does not mean for me that I am not enjoying the Expansion at all nor the Story.
There are just Certain things I think deserve some Criticism Like Lady Pan.
And the means upon Which Malfurion survives what should had been his absolute Death.

To be Fair though.
Nathanos gets the same free card from death so, I can't be completely mad at that anymore.

And I can let Tyrandes god mod entrance pass if we get a Saurfang Cleave moment.

I want too him cut down ten enemies at once now that Zekhan has teased with it.
14/11/2018 10:38Posted by Zakkaru
I also found Legion much worse. BfA would be very decent if the faction conflict would've been handled better. The world expanding lore is very good.

World expanding lore is always good with Blizzard. Even WoD lore was nice.
Story on the other side ... is outrageous. Actually is no story. It is like a sitcom where everybody acts like last episode didn't happen.
[quote]
14/11/2018 10:38Posted by Zakkaru

Good point. WoD had very good story for each zones - where Spires of Arak was imo the best. But the main plot was tidicukous with enormous plothole at the very start.

Legion's lore broke me. Vol'Jin's ridiculous death, stupid Order Halls that were dominated by Alliance representatives - even the shaman one.
I didn't enjoy the artifact lore and the stories of it's aquisition.
But overall I am not really into WoW demons, never was- and that is saying someone who was frowing up with Diablo.
DHs are total cringe to me. Some zones had nice story but overall for such a massive invasion much more should've been done and factions shouldn't be entierly skipped.

World expanding lore is always good with Blizzard. Even WoD lore was nice.
Story on the other side ... is outrageous. Actually is no story. It is like a sitcom where everybody acts like last episode didn't happen.
Yeah, just burn down a world three, where lived the majority of the night elves, for no reason. All other still support here for no reason. All are okay with the methods of the scourge for some reason?

Nah, the main story was never that stupid. Okay, except of WoD.

Stop making every topic into a "nightelfs QQ bucket"... enough were hijacked

And I enjoy the xpac really fully.

Are there silly moments? yes there are, but it doesnt bother me. As long as it stiers emotions, they are doing it right because emotion can only be stiered if it reaches the players. The moment that a "Teldrassil" is a "meh" moment its where the story is failing.

But even as hardcore horde player, that scene trying to rescue the nightelves and seeing how it was futile gave me desperations. The atmosphere was so hard that it really hit me. That is good. After reading the book and seeing how elune gave them a painless death, was when my heart was "thank you. thank you." and I had tears. The story cant be that silly if it creates strong emotions like that.
I really dont understand why people hate on the story that much. Yes it has its strange moments but it has its strong moments too. Only a moment in Legion hit me as hard. The death of Ysera.
15/11/2018 15:18Posted by Xiaopaw
enough were hijacked

Yeah! Say NO to the hijackerforged!

GIVE BACK SHIP.
15/11/2018 15:33Posted by Halasibel
15/11/2018 15:18Posted by Xiaopaw
enough were hijacked

Yeah! Say NO to the hijackerforged!

GIVE BACK SHIP.

What is the current status of the ship lorewise?? Other than belonging to the Lightforged now