What is wrong with you guys?

General
Reading all these "i quit" and "anyone else bored" threads, and all I see are these players almost celebrating or mocking them for doing so. what is wrong with you? why are you attacking your fellow community members? Because they can see fundamental flaws in a game that is catering to an audience that don't have the time to play it?

We all who play wow, we don't hate the game. If you think others do, then you as blizzard is clearly disconnected with the community. We all want to love the game, we try everyday. People give up because of people like you. They stop playing the game, stop making posts because you're all bashing them down instead of uplifting/upvoting them.

If we see posts, day after day of people quitting, shouldn't we all ask ourselves why? Yeah, maybe you're having a blast playing the game, and enjoy constant online gambling, but this gambling is only possible because of these players, who one by one, are quitting the game.

If you truly have no idea of why people unsub, then ask them. Don't be a dick about it, just ask them why. Ask one, then ask another, and you'll see that most of them will generally give you the same answer. Something is wrong with the game, and you're ruining it by bashing those who give up on your game.

Start a dialogue, so that those ignorant devs, can come into the forums and actually find out why people quit. In all those threads. Give something back to the community that is WoW
Because most of these posts are attention wh*ring from people who wont even cancle their sub or just do so for a month to feel super rebelious.
because i come to the forums looking for guides and tips or opinions about certain class etc not people and their life stories
Gotta agree with the goblin.

Occasionally you get a good, well written post that is constructive in its criticism of the game and is a genuine goodbye to the game and the community or at least a farewell for now but most are just whingy whine posts and people are fed up of seeing them when they don't actually say much more than "this game sux am out" with a foot stomp.

Sorry just my opinion :)

Edit: also this topic has been done before and turned into a huge argument so be warned lol
Because many people believe that by saying they quit Blizzard will take note and change the direction of the game?
At this point it is pretty much yelling into the wind. If Blizzard haven't taken note of the numerous, well-articulated and well explained posts detailing exactly what these people feel is wrong and missing from the game, then they never will. Plus, it's well known that Blue Devs just don't bother to post on the EU forums so the chance of real, verified interaction is pretty much null. One can only hope that someone, somewhere is taking note and feeding back to the relevant teams. But I doubt it.
14/11/2018 10:56Posted by Laürefindel
Reading all these "i quit" and "anyone else bored" threads, and all I see are these players almost celebrating or mocking them for doing so. what is wrong with you? why are you attacking your fellow community members? Because they can see fundamental flaws in a game that is catering to an audience that don't have the time to play it?

because many people on the forums are whiteknights and raise their shield the second Blizzard is about to take a hit, some of them still believe that WoW did not bleed any subs over the past months/weeks which should give an general idea of what type of person we are talking about here.

maybe they are delusional or they actually believe the stuff they are saying, its probably 50/50 on that.

also this
14/11/2018 11:06Posted by Grodor
Because many people believe that by saying they quit Blizzard will take note and change the direction of the game?

Every single person that's quitting has a reason for doing so, maybe its Personal stuff that has nothing to do with the game but in most cases they are not happy with the direction the game has heading for the past X weeks/months/years.

and most of those people who aren't happy with the game actually want the game to be enjoyable again because they care about it.

all those people who say "just leave" or "no one cares" etc. under a well written post that points out the concerns the players has with the game are the real toxicity spreaders in my opinion,
they are in blind blizzard defense mode and don't even realize that people would love to enjoy the game again.

Obviously its impossible to make everyone happy but when you see something like " I don't like my class anymore" or " I don't like the excessive RNG " being mentioned in 90% of the "I quit" posts you maybe you can get an idea what'S wrong with the game and what has priority.
Its mostly newer people with low achies who gets mad at quiters.

Well good for them, because these people will be the only one left soon on the game.
14/11/2018 11:13Posted by Ghazpeshi
Its mostly newer people with low achies who gets mad at quiters.

Well good for them, because these people will be the only one left soon on the game.

yes the burnout effect with them is 0
14/11/2018 11:01Posted by Xemeron
Because most of these posts are attention wh*ring

And most of the cynical response posts are not?

Someone makes a quitting post, which they have every right to do, and which Blizzard actively encourages when you unsub (or at least they used to). This is reasonable. If I actually finally leave, I probably will. It's natural to want to say goodbye to something that has been a big part of your life for years.

All of us regular barflies here have seen fifty shades of quitting posts. There are some that feel very genuine, and provide a useful insight into another player's perceptions, and there are some QQ ragequit we could do without.

The post is there. Now, what is a rational response to it? Respond to the content, ask questions, say farewell, send a positive message. These are all rational responses.

Another rational response is to ignore it. You don't have to respond to everything, especially if you suspect it's just a drama post.

Or you could try to stir up some edginess and drama yourself by casting yourself as the Internet badass, exercising call-out culture on phonies. That's allowed too. But if you spend your time doing that, I think you overestimate how much attention people are paying to you, and underestimate how much you're bumping and calling attention to the post you claim to disrespect.

P.S.
14/11/2018 11:03Posted by Galmyr
because i come to the forums looking for guides and tips or opinions about certain class not people and their life stories

You're in the wrong place. :P

For Information, go down that hall, take a left at the end, up two flights of stairs. Icy-Veins.com is first on your left, and you can get to the class Discord by going through there. The AV Tutorial facility is third on your right, labelled YouTube.
Any post about how bad the game is or anything remotely bad about blizzard gets automatically upvoted.

People say things like this because all of the threads are the same, same reasons, same arguments and it has been for years.

There’s no need to write a completely new thread about how someone is quitting, just post on another thread already made as there are thousands.

It’s called sheepoligy.. people can’t think for themselves, watch a YouTuber or streamer and just come here and literally quote word for word what he/she said.
Personally I think people bash quitting threads because...

1) they know that less people makes the game worse, and they resent a reduction in the playerbase

2) it's hard to convince yourself to stay when lots of other people are leaving

That a quitting thread, well written and thoughtful could be useful doesn't occur to many folks. You'd hope that devs pay attention to the long lists of "these bits ruined the game" and consider making changes...

14/11/2018 11:03Posted by Galmyr
because i come to the forums looking for guides and tips or opinions about certain class not people and their life stories

That's what the class forums are for, good sir.
14/11/2018 11:22Posted by Dappysham
People say things like this because all of the threads are the same, same reasons, same arguments and it has been for years.

if the reasons why people quit aren't being addressed by Blizzard why should the reasons change why people leave ?

this makes no sense.
Forums have always been like that, it's a basic rule I guess.

They do write a lot to tell why they leave, so it does leave the asking part out a lot.

If you write "I like the game" you are a white knight, a fanboi or a hidden gm - the mocking comes from both sides, not just a one-sided attack.

I am not asking myself why they quit, because I quit and return to different games all the time - it's a habit I have.
And sometimes I leave for good, but I don't have any needs to bash those who keep playing it, or makes it.
14/11/2018 11:26Posted by Hypxbruh

if the reasons why people quit aren't being addressed by Blizzard why should the reasons change why people leave ?

this makes no sense.

It does. The amount of people that have said they’re quitting due to not getting a drop they wanted or for getting killed in PVP is astonishing.

No matter how good the game is, people will find a way of saying how they’re quitting because they don’t want to play anymore.

Reality is. People don’t actually quit. They come back a few months down the line so in theory... they talk rubbish.
I dont quit because I have phone!!!!! Which means I´m apparently Blizzards Target audience.
Next WoWexpansion will pretty sure be on Mobile, they have their best people working on it....
because many people on the forums are whiteknights and raise their shield the second Blizzard is about to take a hit, some of them still believe that WoW did not bleed any subs over the past months/weeks which should give an general idea of what type of person we are talking about here.

maybe they are delusional or they actually believe the stuff they are saying, its probably 50/50 on that.

I love how I always hear this yet rarely ever see it.

If people want to unsub then go for it. You don't need to tell everyone of the forums about it and you have a better chance getting heard with the surveys they do than just the same o'l posts about Azerite and Ability pruning etc..

We get it, you don't like the game as it is currently.
14/11/2018 11:30Posted by Frozenshadow

I love how I always hear this yet rarely ever see it.

If people want to unsub then go for it. You don't need to tell everyone of the forums about it and you have a better chance getting heard with the surveys they do than just the same o'l posts about Azerite and Ability pruning etc..

We get it, you don't like the game as it is currently.

Lol you aren't allowed to still find any enjoyment in the game at all or not believe a piece of information that was published anonymously on a dubious website and then disappeared and discredited or you are a white knight fanboy shill secret employee of blizzard....
14/11/2018 10:56Posted by Laürefindel

We all who play wow, we don't hate the game. If you think others do, then you as blizzard is clearly disconnected with the community. We all want to love the game, we try everyday. People give up because of people like you. They stop playing the game, stop making posts because you're all bashing them down instead of uplifting/upvoting them.

If we see posts, day after day of people quitting, shouldn't we all ask ourselves why? Yeah, maybe you're having a blast playing the game, and enjoy constant online gambling, but this gambling is only possible because of these players, who one by one, are quitting the game.

If you truly have no idea of why people unsub, then ask them. Don't be a dick about it, just ask them why. Ask one, then ask another, and you'll see that most of them will generally give you the same answer. Something is wrong with the game, and you're ruining it by bashing those who give up on your game.

Start a dialogue, so that those ignorant devs, can come into the forums and actually find out why people quit. In all those threads. Give something back to the community that is WoW

pretty sure you can watchy mongrels doing exactly what you complained about.

Some of them like pewpewsham dress it with nice words and pseudo reasoning, but in the end it's the same thing: the core sentence can be isolated and made fun of like here:

14/11/2018 11:26Posted by Hypxbruh

this makes no sense.

If people who like the game makes post about what they like, what they want to share, it should, according the idea that "so many people enjoy the game" totally submerge the i quit and bye threads.
But instead we have an ocean of negativity. I don't recall it being so bad. Even in wod things were better.

And this time, I don't see the posters coming back, I see guilds diing, an empty friend list and outcry on the internet.

The reality is that for years while the game was sitll okay people complaiend for too many times silly things; idiots got used to them complaining. But the idiots can't seem to realize that this time things are going on for real.
14/11/2018 11:01Posted by Xemeron
Because most of these posts are attention wh*ring from people who wont even cancle their sub or just do so for a month to feel super rebelious.

Look at my quest achievements and the dates if that eases your mind. I am a quester. I quest and follow the story. This xpac is all over the place and is just bad story telling.

This is the only game where i have shed tears. And most of you will say that i am crazy for having shed a tear during Warlords of Drano. But that was superb story telling. Unsurpassed as of yet in my opinion. WoD was not as bad as people think. Even now i have to admit i was a bit too harsh in its criticism in the light of having seen what followed it.

Legion's story was a better told story with the climax of the Suramar story than the constant disconnects and interuptions that are present in BoA. I stopped feeling anything and stopped caring once i reached 120 and the true grind began.

BoA as far as story telling is a mess and all over the place with far too many interuptions that stop people from connecting to characters. Its not just a game but a story.

THis xpac is just an exercise of kill this, gain rep and grind rep to even advance the story. One of the main story arcs' ending is hidden behind a mythic dungeon for crying out loud.