What is wrong with you guys?

General
I tend to not post at all in "I quit" topics, because I think everybody is entitled to an opinion. Still, I get curious about this "I don't like the direction in which the game is going" thing. I mean, wow has changed very little over the years in fundamental ways - it's still more or less about leveling, doing quests, doing dungeons, doing raids. It's the same pattern every expansion, with different looks and names.

Then you get one side yelling "blizzard is catering to casuals too much" and the other side yelling "blizzard is catering to hardcore too much" - and the truth is there is content (and has always been) tailored for everybody, so where is this catering happening?

And then the most common thing "I'm not having fun!" - without any explanation of what fun actually is. "My class is boring because I have half of my old abilities!" Ok, which one of them do you really miss? Actual constructive feedback is really rare.
14/11/2018 11:30Posted by Frozenshadow
because many people on the forums are whiteknights and raise their shield the second Blizzard is about to take a hit, some of them still believe that WoW did not bleed any subs over the past months/weeks which should give an general idea of what type of person we are talking about here.

maybe they are delusional or they actually believe the stuff they are saying, its probably 50/50 on that.

I love how I always hear this yet rarely ever see it.

If people want to unsub then go for it. You don't need to tell everyone of the forums about it and you have a better chance getting heard with the surveys they do than just the same o'l posts about Azerite and Ability pruning etc..

We get it, you don't like the game as it is currently.

Blizzard had no quarrels boasting about its sub numbers back in the day ten million were playing. Where are the sub numbers now? They stopped releasing them since its dropping off of the cliff for a variety of reasons. People do not have the time that they used to. People move on to other games. Real life takes precedence. Tons of reasons why people quit.

But when i quit i voice my reasons why, here, and stay gone till the next Xpac. But ultimately the sheer grind and RNG nature that is WoW will be is its own undoing.

And then you have the no-lifer addicts that do nothing but play this. All day. They are the ones that complain about the "simplification" of the game to keep hold of their perceived status and bragging rights.
14/11/2018 11:30Posted by Dappysham
It does. The amount of people that have said they’re quitting due to not getting a drop they wanted or for getting killed in PVP is astonishing.

If you cant differentiate between people who have real reasons and people who quit because they have bad luck on drops or have been killed once in PvP I don't know what to say anymore.

Reality is. People don’t actually quit. They come back a few months down the line so in theory... they talk rubbish.

your reality is something I would consider highly delusional, sure there are always some people who play the game on and off and never really unsubscribe forever but I think even you can't deny that the amount of players has gone down since BfA launch and most of them won't come back until next expansion.
14/11/2018 11:09Posted by Aesgar
Plus, it's well known that Blue Devs just don't bother to post on the EU forums so the chance of real, verified interaction is pretty much null.

No it's not true... They're reading everytime... and if you notice they usually reply to posts which have never to do with criticism. Remember they are PAYED to follow a schedule dictated by marketing, strategy and higher figures. They DON'T have control over it. How would you feel if I'd tell you everytime, constantly, repeatedly that the job you did is crap and you're an idiot and you need to do what I want, you're a mediocre player, and every other spits they receive everyday, everytime, every post... but they... the blue... are people like me and you... Blue in the forum aren't even developers... they are people in front a monitor to offer assistance and get blamed for something... :D
Remember developers program the game... who you want to address are the screenwriters and managers... lol
14/11/2018 13:07Posted by Aundra
Plus, it's well known that Blue Devs just don't bother to post on the EU forums so the chance of real, verified interaction is pretty much null.

No it's not true... They're reading everytime... and if you notice they usually reply to posts which have never to do with criticism. Remember they are PAYED to follow a schedule dictated by marketing, strategy and higher figures. They DON'T have control over it. How would you feel if I'd tell you everytime, constantly, repeatedly that the job you did is crap and you're an idiot and you need to do what I want, you're a mediocre player, and every other spits they receive everyday, everytime, every post... but they... the blue... are people like me and you... Blue in the forum aren't even developers... they are people in front a monitor to offer assistance and get blamed for something... :D
Remember developers program the game... who you want to address are the screenwriters and managers... lol

Well said!
14/11/2018 13:07Posted by Aundra

The Blues you see commenting on EU posts are not Devs - they are 'community managers' and there is a whole world of difference between the two.

Edit:

And there is also a whole world of difference between bile and vitriol and genuine, constructive criticism. There has been plenty of the former but also lots of the latter recently. In any sphere of business, the second you stop listening to your customers is the second you start to fail.
14/11/2018 11:01Posted by Xemeron
Because most of these posts are attention wh*ring from people who wont even cancle their sub or just do so for a month to feel super rebelious.

You cleary want to them quit quietly.
At least when they post their frustration actvison-blizzard at least know why so many have unsub and they might beable to fix before its to late (LOL sure).
I'm guessing because people aren't happy with the state of the game? Seriously, it ain't good. Remember in the last 6 months since BfA has come out we've paid a minimum of £100 to play it so far.

That's the same price as cod and read dead 2 put together. Do you honestly think there's as much content, and quality as those games put together? If you say yes, you're delusional.

BfA was rushed, and out 6 months too earlier. And we've paid premium price for it AND 6 months of subs. That's why people are annoyed and leaving. The game in the state it is should of been free to play. Cold, hard truth.

If people want to vent there anger you can't blame them. Blizz are so ignorant it's absolutely shocking, threads like that need making. In the hope they eventually give a damn, and stop thinking purely about figures.
But almost all of the threads revolve around. 'i HAVE CANCELLED MY SUB AND HERE IS A GIANT LIST OF REASONS i HATE THE GAME AND WHY I'M LEAVING' (caps my bad xd). If they have clearly made up their mind why even bother trying to convince them otherwise when there is no discussion in it.

For the posts that bother to offer a discussion along the lines of 'i'm not enjoying the game, here's why, what can I do about it?', there is actually a discussion, there is likely to be more input from people, and will generally receive a more positive response.

As mentioned the majority of people end up not leaving at all, or just come back the next month to continue complaining that nothing has changed since they 'quit'. No-one likes to listen to whiners who are so steadfast in their views that anyone who disagrees is wrong and/or whiteknighting Blizz

14/11/2018 13:43Posted by Tullemusa
At least when they post their frustration actvison-blizzard at least know why so many have unsub and they might beable to fix before its to late (LOL sure).

Are you sure...don't forget the EU forums don't exist in the eyes of Blizzard.
In the Eu forums no-one can hear you scream
double post my bad
Wow is a game not community. I see rest of you as npc's. Makes memfeel better.
14/11/2018 11:51Posted by Hypxbruh
It does. The amount of people that have said they’re quitting due to not getting a drop they wanted or for getting killed in PVP is astonishing.

If you cant differentiate between people who have real reasons and people who quit because they have bad luck on drops or have been killed once in PvP I don't know what to say anymore.

Reality is. People don’t actually quit. They come back a few months down the line so in theory... they talk rubbish.

your reality is something I would consider highly delusional, sure there are always some people who play the game on and off and never really unsubscribe forever but I think even you can't deny that the amount of players has gone down since BfA launch and most of them won't come back until next expansion.
I’m not denying anything BUT.. BFA was the fastest selling expansion to date. How many of those who “quit” came back to play it?

You can’t say you quit when you quite clearly know you’re coming back.

Majority of the posts say “I quit, I will see how 8.1 goes before coming back”

Then you HAVE NOT QUIT! You’re taking a break.

Call me delusional yet you clearly are in such denial you can’t see the sheer amount of these threads saying the same thing.

Ironic.
People say they're going to quit, then log on to an alt and start a thread saying they're going to quit, then log on with another alt and say they're going to quit.

It's obvious and a bit tragic.

I just think it's weird that people can't just be like "oh, this xpac isn't for me, I'll check out the next one" without raging about it. It's just a game, your characters will all be there whenever you're ready to give it another shot.

I quit towards the end of Mists. I loved that expansion but - as I didn't raid - I'd ran out of stuff to do. I started from scratch with BfA and it's been amazing. Not even bothered to recover my old account.

In short: people just take the game and themselves too seriously - it's tedious for everyone who's trying to use the forum to talk about the game their enjoying.
14/11/2018 13:54Posted by Chockø
I'm guessing because people aren't happy with the state of the game? Seriously, it ain't good. Remember in the last 6 months since BfA has come out we've paid a minimum of £100 to play it so far.

That's the same price as cod and read dead 2 put together. Do you honestly think there's as much content, and quality as those games put together? If you say yes, you're delusional.

BfA was rushed, and out 6 months too earlier. And we've paid premium price for it AND 6 months of subs. That's why people are annoyed and leaving. The game in the state it is should of been free to play. Cold, hard truth.

If people want to vent there anger you can't blame them. Blizz are so ignorant it's absolutely shocking, threads like that need making. In the hope they eventually give a damn, and stop thinking purely about figures.

Bfa has been out 3 months not 6....

3 monthly subs = £30 (less if you buy a sub block)

Bfa purchase = £40

So that's £70 altogether so far.

Yeah the game isn't great but don't exaggerate.

I mean, if you’re going to vent, at least know what you’re venting about... BFA was released in August , it’s now mid November...

6 months? And you wonder why people get annoyed at these kinds of threads????...

use brain before posting.
14/11/2018 13:54Posted by Chockø
Remember in the last 6 months since BfA has come out

You seem smart.
14/11/2018 11:46Posted by Saphiramoon
I tend to not post at all in "I quit" topics, because I think everybody is entitled to an opinion. Still, I get curious about this "I don't like the direction in which the game is going" thing. I mean, wow has changed very little over the years in fundamental ways - it's still more or less about leveling, doing quests, doing dungeons, doing raids. It's the same pattern every expansion, with different looks and names.

I think this is the MAIN problem
I've never understood why people have to be so mean about it.

Especially considering how many say the ability to give feedback when you leave has been removed. So they have no alternative but to put it on the forums if they feel the need to share.

I can totally understand why people are quitting and much of my friends list never comes online other than 'on mobile'. It's sad and I tend to wish those who are leaving well.
I have an excuse to be mean. Im a Maghar Orc i lost my "reality".
14/11/2018 11:13Posted by Ghazpeshi
Its mostly newer people with low achies who gets mad at quiters.

Well good for them, because these people will be the only one left soon on the game.