What is wrong with you guys?

General
14/11/2018 14:24Posted by Tèsla
14/11/2018 11:46Posted by Saphiramoon
I tend to not post at all in "I quit" topics, because I think everybody is entitled to an opinion. Still, I get curious about this "I don't like the direction in which the game is going" thing. I mean, wow has changed very little over the years in fundamental ways - it's still more or less about leveling, doing quests, doing dungeons, doing raids. It's the same pattern every expansion, with different looks and names.

I think this is the MAIN problem

You think people expect the game to change to something else, when it has not changed in over 10 years and a lot of people loved it the way it is?
This is warcraft, the game where you level, do dungeons, raid. It's got its own looks, storyline and gameplay. If you want to play another game, just....play another game?

Sure, I'm not ecstatic about the lore of BFA, being horde and all - but let's be serious, if I want story, I go read a book. I'm not rooting for Sylvanas much more than I did for Garosh, I still greatly enjoyed MoP.

Let's say my class changed and I don't like it that much? Well, blizzard still didn't manage to ever mess up my priest badly enough that I hate it, but if it did, there's lots of other classes I could play. If none really fits your cup of tea, then yeah, maybe it's time to look for another game.

What else? RNG? It's always been here. Sure, now there's layers of RNG on top of layers of RNG, but you know something? I never really cared about gear. It eventually drops. I've never found gear limiting me more than my own personal skill.

World quests are repeatable and boring! Yeah. But I didn't do any for weeks, because they are really not mandatory. There is nothing in those reputations that require me to have it NOW.

Bottom line: I log on in the evening, I can do some keys, I can play my alt, I can farm some herbs for my own flasks, I can raid, I can do some random bgs for lulz, I can help friends with m+. I can even do a couple of wq if I want to get a particular rep up. It really is enough for the 2-3 hours max I have for gaming daily.
This is the game I fel in love with, why would I want it changed?
14/11/2018 13:56Posted by Finnbarr
But almost all of the threads revolve around. 'i HAVE CANCELLED MY SUB AND HERE IS A GIANT LIST OF REASONS i HATE THE GAME AND WHY I'M LEAVING' (caps my bad xd). If they have clearly made up their mind why even bother trying to convince them otherwise when there is no discussion in it.

For the posts that bother to offer a discussion along the lines of 'i'm not enjoying the game, here's why, what can I do about it?', there is actually a discussion, there is likely to be more input from people, and will generally receive a more positive response.

As mentioned the majority of people end up not leaving at all, or just come back the next month to continue complaining that nothing has changed since they 'quit'. No-one likes to listen to whiners who are so steadfast in their views that anyone who disagrees is wrong and/or whiteknighting Blizz

14/11/2018 13:43Posted by Tullemusa
At least when they post their frustration actvison-blizzard at least know why so many have unsub and they might beable to fix before its to late (LOL sure).

Are you sure...don't forget the EU forums don't exist in the eyes of Blizzard.
In the Eu forums no-one can hear you scream

I have had the same complaints pretty much since day one i found out the true nature of wow. The grindy nature of the game when there is no need. The appaling RNG that exists in the game when just about every other game out there gives you what you came for, at the end.

I would still sub, blizzard, even if i was done with Loremaster - i could PvP. I like healing in dungeons. That is fun for me even if i dont need any gear. I like healing. But get rid of the grindy nature. Sticking your head in the sand like ostriches saying i cant hear you wont help. Subs are dropping.....

But complaints about time gating and rep gating and the horrible RNG falls on deaf ears. They are a corporation and their business model is firstly, making money for their shareholders - not to make a game. Secondly, keeping you subscribed no matter the cost to your mental health or how long it takes to finally get an item. Cos its RNG. Get it. The longer you get denied the more of a sucker you are and pay up. Month after month.

Not me. I last at the most 2-3 months after every expansion as i get sick of the time gating and rep gating. I spend a large portion of any new xpac clearing old content with far less headache.

But as of now i am unsubbed and will remain so prolly till the next sub. It only took less than two weeks to come to that conclusion. This time around the gating is even more pronounced and has shifted into my realm. Quests. Thats a no no!. A big no no.

Dont believe me? Check my Quest achievements. You will see that i only stick around long enough to get loremaster in the xpac and then i take a hike till the next one comes around. I dont feed the troll.
14/11/2018 11:13Posted by Ghazpeshi
Its mostly newer people with low achies who gets mad at quiters.

And that matters because ?

Also people bring up time and rep gsting like its a new thing. Which is hilarious.
14/11/2018 11:01Posted by Xemeron
Because most of these posts are attention wh*ring from people who wont even cancle their sub or just do so for a month to feel super rebelious.

I got to agree with the goblin aswell and that is the reason i dont take most of the i quit posts seriously cause they all might be just attention seeking individuals without any real per say effort to show fundamental flows with the game,dont get me wrong some do and i agree with them but ones that post short posts of i hate only 3 things in the game and say*i quit who is with me*
sound stupid to me.
14/11/2018 15:00Posted by Kâî
14/11/2018 11:13Posted by Ghazpeshi
Its mostly newer people with low achies who gets mad at quiters.

And that matters because ?

Yep i agree that matters because??
legitimately i think hes trolling.
The game has to cater to a wide range of people, whatever is changed in the game will make some people happy and make others want to unsub, its impossible to please everyone, all they can do is try and get a balance. If you read the forums after every single expansion and even in vanilla they were filled with the same posts of people saying they hated certain aspects of the game and were unsubbing. A few players post constructive “this is the reason i`m leaving threads” , most are just pointless blurbs of text which are not constructive to the Devs.

Also just because player A is unsubbing doesn’t mean Blizz are instantly going to change the game to suit them and bring them back, there might be for every 10 players that unsub , another 100 players that love that same thing they hate. Players that are happy with the game generally don`t come on forums to say how great it is.
Protip:- If you see a thread title like 'IM SOOO BORED BFA SUX' then don't read it if these threads make you vexed.
Complaining about these kinds of threads just shows how stupid you are to open them up in the first place.

Stop hurting yourselves people, take care .. be happy :)
Blizzard deserves the salt, anger and wrath of the community. I was playing Blizzard games since Lost Vikings and I am not saying this to justify the folloing. I am saying this, because I get used to the VERY high quality standard of Blizzard games. I understand, that every company can have their highs and lows, I was very tolerant to more or less popular changes in the game. I loved the game as a whole.

With WoD, Legion and BfA, the usually high standard creeps as low as it gets. Endgame "content" is minimal, shallow, unrewarding and stupid. WoD and Legion story progression was locked behind the awesome followers, like do 5 times the 8 12 hours mission. End of Legion and BfA even ignored the follower system and just timegated the content. And even the timegated content had quests like "report to Sylvannas", next one was "report to Saurfang", next "Tell Sylvannas, you reported to Saurfang" and you just keep flying between to points in Ashenvale like a heroic courier.
There is no fun in this game, no feeling of accomplishment. I enjoyed farming Arcane Tomes more than today`s engame. Because:
- I can rush mythics with angry teenagers (I hated dungeon rushing since QuelDanas Isle was out)
- I can raid with angry teenagers (I do not raid, I do not have time to)

Me, as a solo-small group player, who does not want to play pvp, I have nothing to do in this game. Reputations are at exalted (without rewards). Should I pay 12 euro/month to collect cosmetics? Because cosmetics stuff are the majority of the content added. I have a feeling, that Blizzard fired most of the content writers and only graphic designers are left.

So, this is the reason I am done with WoW. Because it is a shallow,boring, overpriced game which sold its soul.
Because Blizzard forgot who are their gamers, who kept WoW alive. Not teenagers, that will go angrily to the next game the very minute, something is implemented, they do not like. But the stable players who were with them in their ups and highs. And you chased them away for a couple of bucks on top.
Bye! Send me your money :D
totally honest here; i don't want to !@#$ing hear it

i get enough dour %^-*ty behaviour around me in real life

nmy advice to anyone wanting to quit; just !@#$ing leave - don't feel the need to tell us all that, you, this completley irrelevant person are leaving and are totally huffed about whatever

most of us don't care, don't want to hear it, - so react accordingly
14/11/2018 11:01Posted by Xemeron
Because most of these posts are attention wh*ring from people who wont even cancle their sub or just do so for a month to feel super rebelious.

I think there's a deeper reason why, for those that are truly quitting, I really believe that they would be content with just telling their Friends in game that they're quitting, problem is, my guess is that they don't have any.

And that's not a knock against them, what is, is them thinking that the forums cares.
OP whilst I do get you point the irony is that these so called "leavers" and "quitters" have yet to leave because they are still actively subbed to the game they are only truly gone when the sub expires and they no longer have forum access.

Brings me to my second point those who are leaving or supposedly leaving who keep making threads and complaining you don't seem to to leave at all you continue to pay for access to the forums to bleat on and on about your reasons for going in the hopes of ether putting new blood into the game off or just wanting to saturate the forums so no one sees anything positive and then thus anyone who is interested in trying the game is put right off by your negative views. I understand you have the right to voice dissatisfaction at the game but when there is thread after thread on the same topic it really is off putting the more potent and in my eyes way to get the message home is to leave a civil post with your views then let your sub run out and go with some dignity intact.

But by that same token respect the people who still enjoy the game with all the flaws it has. As well. Not that hard is it.
14/11/2018 16:52Posted by Áranaría
OP whilst I do get you point the irony is that these so called "leavers" and "quitters"

I think, between now and when their game time expires, they constantly sh!t post on the forums until their very last hour, to make a point that WoW isn't a great game for them and we should all follow suit.

I've put my account on hold, and my game time expires next month, but I have 0 intention on spamming crap all over the forums because I somehow think my opinion on BfA should be everybody's opinion.
14/11/2018 16:21Posted by Putridius
Me, as a solo-small group player, who does not want to play pvp, I have nothing to do in this game.

What did you have to do in TBC or WotLK or Cata or MoP?
I simply dont care xy is hating on the game im playing. They could just quit. Tell their friends about it. Say bye to them. No reason to do so to random strangers on the internet.
Sure if you have something constructive to say, say it.

But to OP aswell, dont tell me what to think of the game. If 10 random person quits and whines about it on the forums here, that wont change my enjoyement of the game and i wont start thinking about it. Omg, someone left the game, maybe i should consider all my life decisions now.

Im playing couple hours a day max. I raid heroic with my guildies. Do weekly key with friends. Im enjoying myself being part of my guild and spending time with them. I enjoy that im appreciated.
Im also very much enjoying playing my MW monk.

Now if all my best friends would quit the game, then maybe i would consider stopping. But why would i do it now? Because you said so?

I think that bashing each other should be stopped. I understand some ppl dont enjoy the game anymore.
Some do.

If you dont enjoy it anymore, then just leave.
Atleast leave something constructive behind, if you really have to post.
But dont expect better answers to posts about how bad the game is than "Ok, bye" when you are just spitting angry words how the game gone bad since vanilla and how its more RNG than it was 14 years ago.
14/11/2018 17:22Posted by Hinamori
Atleast leave something constructive behind, if you really have to post.
Should she/he write omg i enjoy this game...so gonna stop.

Most of those post people write the reason why they are quiting .
Most of those those threads are duplicates post same reason to quit.

Well example people love mop and cata system of upgrade and reforge system... they hate tf... still despite the insane amount of posts no answer...
14/11/2018 17:44Posted by Bandicoot
Well example people love mop and cata system of upgrade and reforge system... they hate tf... still despite the insane amount of posts no answer...

Do a "titanforge" search on the forums and you will see there's equal amounts of people defending the system and being against it.
Yeah man LOL

These people that are saying ''I quit'' ''I Leave'' They maybe dont play WOW anymore
but they still pay the Sub fee so they can cry on the forum aahh

imagine..
14/11/2018 18:18Posted by Raiden
These people that are saying ''I quit'' ''I Leave'' They maybe dont play WOW anymorebut they still pay the Sub fee so they can cry on the forum

To be fair, it's not like they said the Forums were bad.
Do a "titanforge" search on the forums and you will see there's equal amounts of people defending the system and being against it.

What about an upgrade system with tf/reforge and upgrade system...everyone would be happy...but why would everyone would enjoy the game ???