Is this Ninja Looting? I need your help.

General
Today at 3 PM i entered PUG with some people to kill Zek'Voz. We killed him and 380 ilvl another DK dropped Ring of the Infinite Void but he already got better one than that and he asked us (people who need it) to roll for it. I rolled 90 and won that roll but one Monk asked to his friends to roll for him. One of his friends (Druid) rolled 93... I said that DK "That Druid rolled for his Monk friend, please dont gave it to him" but he did.. After that i asked Druid about why he did that because that happened to me 5th times in a row... Suddenly that Monk sent me link of that ring and when i looked to his inspect i saw that he wores that ring. They start to made jokes about me and kicked me from group after it. Is that ninja looting? If its, what's gonna happen to players who play alone this game? I need your help with it. Please tell me because idk how to play this game alone, people always rolling items that they don't need for their friends and players like me got nothing. Specially, sorry for my bad English.
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.

Me and my SO regularly catch people doing this when we pug (usually same guild or same server but the 2nd roller has much higher items and doesn't really need it), we just don't give them the item and instead inspect someone else who rolled and give it to them.
Today at 3 PM i entered PUG with some people to kill Zek'Voz. We killed him and 380 ilvl another DK dropped Ring of the Infinite Void but he already got better one than that and he asked us (people who need it) to roll for it. I rolled 90 and won that roll but one Monk asked to his friends to roll for him. One of his friends (Druid) rolled 93... I said that DK "That Druid rolled for his Monk friend, please dont gave it to him" but he did.. After that i asked Druid about why he did that because that happened to me 5th times in a row... Suddenly that Monk sent me link of that ring and when i looked to his inspect i saw that he wores that ring. They start to made jokes about me and kicked me from group after it. Is that ninja looting? If its, what's gonna happen to players who play alone this game? I need your help with it. Please tell me because idk how to play this game alone, people always rolling items that they don't need for their friends and players like me got nothing. Specially, sorry for my bad English.

You could always, ya know, not play alone in an MMO?
He can give it to whoever he wants to and whoever wins it can give it to whoever they want to as well.
Nothing is ninja looting with PL in place. Rolling or not, the person who got the item could just disenchant it if he wanted.
17/10/2018 15:10Posted by Ishanku

You could always, ya know, not play alone in an MMO?

Mmmmmm, no.
As the above posters have stated, it is unfortunately something that cannot be done.

We're expected to use the system and find what is best when it comes to loot distribution amongst us as players. If they rolled higher then they could do what they want with it.

Personally if someone said "I am rolling for my friend" I'd straight up not give it to them, especially if the friend rolled and didn't get it. Or if the one rolling had equal or better already. But again that comes down to our own use of the system.

Sorry you didn't get your ring Otseola. I wish you all the best with getting it next time.
17/10/2018 15:14Posted by Shumensko
Nothing is ninja looting with PL in place. Rolling or not, the person who got the item could just disenchant it if he wanted.

But they are rolling for their friends? That's not normal imo because they are rolling items that they don't need it and they are doing this to gave this item to their friends? So people who are playing with their friends got 2x 3x 4x 5x more chance to get item with roll? Omg. And i got so many screenshots how they made jokes when u asked them why they acted like that.
17/10/2018 15:09Posted by Winterchillz
Me and my SO regularly catch people doing this when we pug

What's SO?
17/10/2018 15:22Posted by Shumensko

What's SO?

Sophisticated Organism

What's SO?

Slippery Orcs~

What's SO?

Sorry, sometimes I forget it's just in my imagination.
17/10/2018 15:22Posted by Deadlyredeye
17/10/2018 15:14Posted by Shumensko

But they are rolling for their friends? That's not normal imo because they are rolling items that they don't need it and they are doing this to gave this item to their friends? So people who are playing with their friends got 2x 3x 4x 5x more chance to get item with roll? Omg. And i got so many screenshots how they made jokes when u asked them why they acted like that.

That's beside the point. If I loot an item, it's mine and I can do with it whatever I want - give it to the sexiest looking goblin in the raid, to the person who rolled highest, or lowest, make people /dance for it, or just disenchant it.
1. no its not ninja-looting
2. he won roll so he gets the item, you could just not give item to anyone and disenchant too
3. enjoy personal loot

What's SO?

It's Senior Officer. Must be some military rp

People even roll just to get the veiled crystal op :( Just like in real, most people suck.
17/10/2018 15:36Posted by Espanca

Thanks, then it literally translates as "cowboy" :D
17/10/2018 15:38Posted by Shumensko
17/10/2018 15:36Posted by Espanca

Thanks, then it literally translates as "cowboy" :D

LOOOL
the loot belongs to the person that got it dropped and he can do with it whatever he wants, he can even disenchant it right infront of you and then /lol at you.
No its not ninja looting its favoritised looting. Groups with guildies or friends are always going to prioritize their guildies or friends over strangers, I personally dont if they dont need it but I can't speak for everyone. It'ss the way of things and not restricted to wow. You'll just have to say oh well and move on I'm afraid.
I don't see the issue.
The druid won the roll and gave it to someone else.

As a member of the group, the druid had every right to roll for the ring, the dk was kind enough to give it away in the first place. The monk and druid shouldn't have laughed at you but I would guess it was in response to comments you made in raid chat after the roll. If that's true, theres nothing more annoying than a crying loot baby .. so im fine with them kicking you (bear in mind 2 people cant kick).

No, this is not ninja looting and no theres nothing wrong here .. youre just salty because you didn't get the ring and whinged about it and got what you probably deserved