stop letting people que dung. as tank while dps spec

General
Like the title says. Lvling an alt atm people que as tank fury warriors/ret palas. Got 5 times in a row this morning. Yes it is doable but it's pain for healer especially with the current scaling... Either remove that 2 min timer for being able to kick those or just don't let them join as dps. I rather heal 3 dps without a tank than 4 dps with 1 qued as a tank. Same goes for dps who ques as a healer. Just fix this
What? It goes way faster than if you have a tank and 3 dps and there's little chance of wiping while lvling unless they go full retard and pulls like 4-5 packs.
20/10/2018 10:08Posted by Mindbox
What? It goes way faster than if you have a tank and 3 dps and there's little chance of wiping while lvling unless they go full retard and pulls like 4-5 packs.

Do you know until lvl 50 tanks do more damage than dps? If you don't believe me just create an alt and try it yourself. That is not the point of my post tho. I don't want to heal 4 dps or tank 4dps if you want to do that way just que 5 man with your friends. I don't want to force myself just because someone wants to get 20 sec que timer as dps.
i agree, ive encountered this and it is incredibly frustrating having to deal with spilling agro because they not tanks + a ret absolutely cannot heal effectively or tank - with Righteous Fury removed it isn't possible, ret is too slow and clunky and get 4 or 5 Flash of Light before they OOM
Did The Headless Horseman dungeon, and 3 times had both tank AND healer as DPS. Nearly wiped because no one was healing. But, they don't care about others, they only care for themselves. That's the state of the game sadly.
20/10/2018 10:20Posted by Shortbolts
Did The Headless Horseman dungeon, and 3 times had both tank AND healer as DPS. Nearly wiped because no one was healing. But, they don't care about others, they only care for themselves. That's the state of the game sadly.

I always go DPS as healer against HH, and never had any issue. Just a few heals every now and then before going back to hitting.
When I'm tank, I'm the one who asks the healer to go dps because I need no heal. Again never had any issue.
I would be ok if they just remove that 2 min restriction which allows them not be able to get kicked
20/10/2018 10:23Posted by Henoriel

I always go DPS as healer against HH, and never had any issue. Just a few heals every now and then before going back to hitting.
When I'm tank, I'm the one who asks the healer to go dps because I need no heal. Again never had any issue.

You might be perfectly ok with that but i'm not. Like i said just que as 5 man stop stealing others time. No one had to overdo it just because someone needs slow que time
20/10/2018 10:26Posted by Sateass

You might be perfectly ok with that but i'm not. Like i said just que as 5 man stop stealing others time. No one had to overdo it just because someone needs slow que time

You do realize it's more of a gain of time, right ? Else why would anyone do it in the first place.
there no consequences in wow to affecting another player negatively.

i used to care about being the nice guy but you get nothing from it.

The social aspect is dead, so soon as you accept that things like lfr trolls wont bother you anymore, it's a part of the game baby.

Yeah, but when both go DPS and me, as a level 111 rogue, was taking Aggro, I have this bad habit of DYING because I shouldn't be tanking the boss. But hey, that's a "me" problem, right? Not the problem of the tank who isn't tanking, or the healer who isn't healing (Both of which did half my damage lmao).

I'd understand if you were OP OP, pulling 10-15k DPS and destroying the boss. But, when you're a level 60 tank/healer, barely doing any damage, and struggling to keep aggro off a ROGUE, then MAYBE you should stay as tank..

i used to care about being the nice guy but you get nothing from it.

you're not a nice guy then?
20/10/2018 10:30Posted by Henoriel
20/10/2018 10:26Posted by Sateass

You do realize it's more of a gain of time, right ? Else why would anyone do it in the first place.

It's more of a gain time for them not the other 4 who qued normally. Why would anyone do it it's simple tanks have 10-20 sec que time but for some reason they don't want to play that role too. Like i said before some of the tank specs do more damage than their dps specs till some lvl. Prot warrior is the perfect example for it. Why would i want a fury warrior in my 30lvl dungeon who does half of the prots dps as my tank. There is no gain from it. I don't want to force myself cuz some braindead dude wants to play dps but doesn't want 8 min que time.
Just saw dps shaman queuing as healer and went afk right away when boss was aggroed.

Abusing the kick protection
20/10/2018 10:36Posted by Sateass
20/10/2018 10:30Posted by Henoriel

It's more of a gain time for them not the other 4 who qued normally. Why would anyone do it it's simple tanks have 10-20 sec que time but for some reason they don't want to play that role too. Like i said before some of the tank specs do more damage than their dps specs till some lvl. Prot warrior is the perfect example for it. Why would i want a fury warrior in my 30lvl dungeon who does half of the prots dps as my tank. There is no gain from it. I don't want to force myself cuz some braindead dude wants to play dps but doesn't want 8 min que time.

I mean it's a grain of time in the dungeon because running it with 4 DPS means more damage, faster killing.
The system to enforce a spec is already in place and is used on random battlegrounds. This should also be used in LFR and random dungeon group finder.
Two days ago I needed to complete Vol'Jin quest so i went and took this character and did a normal dungeon, as tank. instant admission.
I warned the group I wasn't experienced since it was my first time tanking.

Players loved it because i hardly needed to be healed, since I overgeared the content.
We could had played as 1 tank and 4 dps.
But you can't always expect to have that all the time.
Thinking you will always get a team to carry you as a dps tank or a dps healer.

Everyone has his role.
As a tank you are expected to take heavy punishment, keep aggro and survive it's not the healer's job to keep you alive all the time if you don't have the proper setting for the job (Ilv/spec/experience).

As a Healer you are expected to keep everyone alive no matter how dire is the situation, you need to have enouth mana and resources (right spec) for that.

It's selfish to queue as tank/healer when you want to play dps, you are ruining the time for the rest of the community.
Those 4 players were waiting maybe for 1 hour to get a group and they expect you to be a Tank or Healer in proper setting.

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers.
What the op is trying to say is that such runs become a huge strain on the healer who has to pick up the slack for people who want to skip the queue.

That's a gain alright, a gain of stress and annoyance. Most of the times they dare to blame the healer as well if someone dies.

But yeah, gratz on getting that faster queue for one run. You are now on the healer's ignore list. No wonder you had a long queue in the first place, not to mention those healers really don't bother queueing up again if this is what they get.

So is it faster? It clearly is not. If anything, it adds to the queuetime overall.
I did believe Group Finder force-swaps your spec - is that not case anymore or is it just shut-down for Headless Horseman?
20/10/2018 11:07Posted by Srolo
The system to enforce a spec is already in place and is used on random battlegrounds. This should also be used in LFR and random dungeon group finder.

Ehm... no ?
What if I'm running an RDF with my friends and we all want 4 dps in the group ?