To anyone that wants to set their r.io to private.

General
You are free to do as you please, but It's complete and utter suicide.

You know very well deep down there that you're just making an excuse for you not having minimum skillset to do a few runs and not wanting to put the time in -- FOR NOW, you can always decide to stop whining, git gud and actually start playing seriously. You know what's fun and enjoyable? Timed runs. You know what's the worst and it makes people go insane and talk to each other like trash? Yea, not timed runs. So if you can manage to get to a decent score (~1.3k as of now), you'll have a lot of fun.

But if you set your r.io to private, it's over - the small chance you had before, poof, gone. No one will invite you to anything / people in your groups still inspect you and if they see you have no score, they'll leave.

The bigger problem is that even if there'll be a new season, serious people will always ask for "season 1 XX score" to get into the keys.

Think very, very, very, very hard before you do this. Like, very hard, because it'll affect your game's outcome for the whole expansion and it's really hard to come back from.

Almost every run I see above +6-7 requires score. Let that sink in.

People below 1.3k are bad and I've done the count and it's a 70/30 in favor of failing a key after 10 mins into it. Think about how much it'll take you to get to a level where, out of 10 keys, 7 aren't a "everyone leaves after a wipe". Let that sink in x2.

Good people will never queue for anything below +13-14 as of now and even if they do, if they see you're low score, they leave instantly, just like I do (or someone in your team), so you'll be forced to run with bad people, like yourself, up until ~1.3k. Just think how much time you need to put in to reach that level of skill and to be able to gang up with others at the same level. Let that sink in x3.

So, all of these 3 points, they become impossible if you go private.
There is no need to start a new thread when this fits perfectly as a reply in the previous one.

You calculations and secret data bank are false.

Let people do what they want.
I’m not a raider so it don’t really matter to me - but I’m almost certain blizzard will ‘break’ this addon soon....or if it’s not an add on, bresk the ability for it (the relevant data) to be used.
23/10/2018 05:07Posted by Hínáta
There is no need to start a new thread when this fits perfectly as a reply in the previous one.

People can do what they want. I just wanted to make sure this will get more views so that some people aren't completely going to have to unsub due to their own emotions and a situation that they could've avoided.

100% the people who want to do this are emotionally affected by not getting into groups and humans are made to do stupid mistakes when put under pressure unless helped from the outside. Yea, the r.io drama is fun and I like to put oil on the fire for fun, but this is serious.

23/10/2018 05:09Posted by Iggwilv
I’m not a raider so it don’t really matter to me - but I’m almost certain blizzard will ‘break’ this addon soon....or if it’s not an add on, bresk the ability for it (the relevant data) to be used.

It's been here for years. Like WoWProgress or wlogs.

They're not, the addon is amazing, legal and no one serious about M+ would even attempt to pug M+ without it, so, no.
23/10/2018 05:09Posted by Iggwilv
11/10/2018 11:59Posted by Lightglass
The only change Blizzard has made that has affected raider.io is increase leaderboard size, and that was a positive change ;)

You know very well deep down there that you're just making an excuse for you not having minimum skillset to do a few runs and not wanting to put the time in -- FOR NOW, you can always decide to stop whining, git gud and actually start playing seriously. .

Lol!!
It now come to play seriously instead of having fun from a hard day at work.

My suggestion is that those who don't want raider.i.o plague to spread then tell the devs to not support it or play another game that is fun and not work.
23/10/2018 05:51Posted by Vurru

You know very well deep down there that you're just making an excuse for you not having minimum skillset to do a few runs and not wanting to put the time in -- FOR NOW, you can always decide to stop whining, git gud and actually start playing seriously. .

Lol!!
It now come to play seriously instead of having fun from a hard day at work.

My suggestion is that those who don't want raider.i.o plague to spread then tell the devs to not support it or play another game that is fun and not work.

Well, people who are crying as of now are people who can't do a +7-8 or so. In my opinion, but it's also the truth, they're just seriously not caring about the game at all, regardless of fun. But they want to be invited (to destroy it) to +10 keys or so, so, yea, you actually have to play seriously to get invited to a +10 / time it for most people.

Sorry, but for everyone that I know that's decent, not timing a key is the exact opposite of fun.
You know sooner or later devs are gonna find a way to make all those stats private unless user decides otherwise, they already allow this in Overwatch its only matter of time in wow, you're not special if you want my stats just become my friend.

R.io is just convience or lazyness to check if some one is worthy it does't proof anything you know that.
23/10/2018 05:54Posted by Trophee

Sorry, but for everyone that I know that's decent, not timing a key is the exact opposite of fun.

Depends on each person's requirements and expectations. My personal impression that you are a very competitive in M+s so timing is very crucial for you.

For me who just wants the weekly chore done. Timing - a nice extra challenge but won't be heartbroken if I fail it.
Let's be honest. If raider io.. raider po.. raider h20 or whatever the hell it's called gets "broken", the people who sadly (for them) place far too much importance on a difficulty mode in a video game will just find another way to rub their genitals at the screen while yelling "ha haaah you scrub!! IM BETTER THAN YOU!! You will make me slow down on a video game so NO!! You may NOT play with me!!"...

"Git gud."

Oh bless your little cotton socks.
I do have a question to op. Why the hell do you care?
23/10/2018 09:05Posted by Lenira
He probably has a "good" score and doesn't want the addon that maintains his ego to die :)
How are people supposed to improve their key level... if they are required a highlevel key to join?
At this point, i think you're the only one who really cares about r.io. 3/4 of the threads about it are started by you.

Its time to move onto the next provocative topic, you've rinsed this one.
Why should i even let addon decide who i group with? You can’t judge by yourself but have to trust addons? :p

Never used it and never will.

When i wanted to do m+, i always found likeminded people.

People who just want clean and fast runs is nothing for me. I couldn’t care less if i wipe 20times as long as i am and others having laugh dying to simple things.

Also, how can you generalise and say people lack skills? Just because their Rio score is low?

I don’t enjoy current WoW, why should i even push or play something i don’t enjoy? Just so my Rio score gets higher so you can think high about me?

I don’t care about you, stop caring about me or anyone else what they do in their freetime.

Get off your highhorse and start making decisions on your own.

Or are you not “skilled enough” for it so you have to rely on addons?

Stop spamming and advocating about Rio...
23/10/2018 09:13Posted by Aurissa
23/10/2018 09:05Posted by Lenira
He probably has a "good" score and doesn't want the addon that maintains his ego to die :)

But... But we don't give a flying duck already anyways? I mean it's a world where everyone can reach every information ever so you can't impress us if you are not a mdi winner or method no matter what your rating is. Like can you name 2nd team that landed on moon without googling? Not unless its your hobby or sth. If you are not a real winner i mean like world 1st or sth you are insignificant. Im insignificant. 1.3 k raider io score wont make me adore you because you are not the best and i can go check armory of the best or subscribe to his stream and not yours because you are... insignificant.
Is this Zim's World of Warcraft account?
23/10/2018 09:36Posted by Kumo
23/10/2018 05:07Posted by Hínáta

As someone who doesn't play a game, do you enjoy telling others what to do in said game?

LFR
0/8
NORMAL
7/8
HEROIC
1/8
MYTHIC
0/8

You are not even 120 so with your logic can you please get the hell outta here?

In all seriousness tho there is more than 1 way of playing wow.