Leveling up as Arms war?

General
Anyone actually tried it? Fury feels like just worse demon hunter (my main) and arms feels like i miss an arm. It's not like i want to play this character, but i like warrior in general (played before legion, DH is become better fury, so it's my main since) and having 110 forum account doesn't feel good
I'm actually doing it.
It's ok.
I prefer arms, I suppose I've gotten used to it.
I went from 1-120 as arms and had a easy time doing it. Also had no real problems doing 2-3 man group wq's on my own. So yeah, i can recommend it for sure.
Its crud till u get gear then u do double the dps
I did 1-110 in Arms and 110-120 in Fury, even though my experience is far better with Arms, I recommend Fury more. Just because you will be able to power through quests and rares (especially at higher levels) as your cleave damage is better and therefore you can just pull larger packs more often. Not to mention far more self healing so sustain against bosses or rares is easy and doesn't need too much thinking to get through it. It's also more fun overall from the play style. Once you ding 120 though it's smarter to go for Arms until you have solid gear and can compete in terms of damage
I went 110-120 as arms, just use second wind talent and questing is easy peasy. And with the reduce CD on Bladestorm (pvp talent) you can annihilate huge packs of mobs every minute with Warbreaker (talent) + Bladestorm.

This char was boosted with the free BFA lvl 110 aswell so didn't have any gear from legion. Yet I never had any downtime between pulls
30/10/2018 06:30Posted by Tzorn
I did 1-110 in Arms and 110-120 in Fury, even though my experience is far better with Arms, I recommend Fury more. Just because you will be able to power through quests and rares (especially at higher levels) as your cleave damage is better and therefore you can just pull larger packs more often. Not to mention far more self healing so sustain against bosses or rares is easy and doesn't need too much thinking to get through it. It's also more fun overall from the play style. Once you ding 120 though it's smarter to go for Arms until you have solid gear and can compete in terms of damage

100% agree with that. I'd also be curious to know how you can say fury war is same as DH. I play both and it's completely different mechanisms :|

@Flace : Love your mog ♥
I'm leveling has arms at the moment, arms war is not playing like Fury, both don't play the same.
After playing arms for a long time and then switching to fury its like a new world. Arms is super boring to me, fury feels a lot better to play it is just a lot more fluid.

Fury feels like a motorbike its dynamic and fast but you won't see massive numbers on a single hit, while arms feels like a steamroller, it hits hard but do not expect it to be fast or exciting.

That is my personal take at least.
Everything is viable, just matter of preference.

Fury is like a button masher, you always have something to use and you have a lot of selfheal.

Arms is bit more calculative, everything costs rage in your rotation except bladestorm and warbreaker, so you can't just spam buttons. You can however aggro lots of mobs and aoe them with bladestorm while leveling.

I think arms has greater potential for improvement if we're talking about max level, if you plan your rotation well you might even outdps 20-30 ilvl higher players.
i did level up an Orc Warrior very fast. You have insane aoe burst and you heal every time you kill a target. Try to use traits that effect your leveling like absorb shiled and heals/speed.

Take care when you dont have your cds available and dont pull more than you can handle.
Leveled my warrior 1-120 on fury spec, switching to arms from time to time. Couldn't get use to arms tho: although the single target damage was nice, the AOE outside Warbreaker+Bladestorm was... none. Very inconsistent damage, topping damage charts on 1st pack, being last on the 2nd one and so on (dungeon wise). Self sustain is also way worse than fury has.

Fury on the other hand feels very balanced. Single target and AOE damage is consistent most of the time, you know what to expect. It also feels way more fluid than arms. I was outperforming arms warriors on my fury during boss encounters.

Both specs are cool, but I prefer fury atm.
Fury warr is better for low levels and when you get to the endgame and get some decent gear switch to Arms.
I think prot would be faster for leveling because of instant dungeon pops.
before bfa and changes to leveling i got my alt war to 110
now im leveling a maghar arms war lvl 50 atm

if below 110 which heirloom weapon would you prefer for arms the sword or the axe+which enchant
30/10/2018 08:51Posted by Bagerah
30/10/2018 06:30Posted by Tzorn

100% agree with that. I'd also be curious to know how you can say fury war is same as DH. I play both and it's completely different mechanisms :|

@Flace : Love your mog ♥
When they say it's similar to DH I don't think they refer to the mechanism of the class, but mostly to the fact that they are spammable classes with a fast rotation and you always have something to click (as opposed to Arms where you need to control your rage). Also the AoE cleave I suppose is similar in PvE situations (the fury has Whirlwind + Rampage + Dragon Roar/ Bladestorm and DH has strong AoE potential). Other than that it's true that they play differently
There is one true warrior spec... Arms, nothing feels better than one big MS crit. I love the feel of spec, setting up my target for this big deadly hit.