"I will never serve the traitor Saurfang!" Really?..

General
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
03/11/2018 07:00Posted by Murdash
The forums is full of comments like this and it's ridiculous.

"I will never serve a traitor like Saurfang, if he becomes warchief the game is dead to me"

But you gladly serve Sylvanas who doesn't care about the Horde at all, who would sell you all for a bit more power without a second thought. Who only joined the Horde because she wanted to be kept safe from the Alliance. Who started a war just to get more power, not caring about sacrificing the Horde forces at all, even bombing them from behind.

Stop pretending, you don't give a flying duck about "traitors" etc, you just like an edgy "let's destroy all hope" cliche antagonist.

Sourfang The Traitor, The Deserter, The Coward, The Alliance ... sucker (Suckfang)
Edge Lord I believe there are other ways of solving Sylvanas "problem" she i effective and i'm happy that she actually kills something this is war not fairy tail also look at real world she e is flower in that fictional war. People tend to follow strong and effective lieders not suicidal cowards and traitors. I was ok with sourfang before his betrayal (the quest in Stomwind), now this character is dead for me also if Blizzard try to push that idea of him being warchief I quit the game this time forever and I hope many others with real horde also do this.

Follow your current warchief if he/she sais die you die. Sacraficing few for many is best choice or did you miss the rest of the quest.
03/11/2018 09:39Posted by Aratron
now this character is dead for me also if Blizzard try to push that idea of him being warchief I quit the game this time forever and I hope many others with real horde also do this.

You were never "real horde" in the first place, because you don't share its ideals.
03/11/2018 09:44Posted by Naeya
03/11/2018 09:39Posted by Aratron
now this character is dead for me also if Blizzard try to push that idea of him being warchief I quit the game this time forever and I hope many others with real horde also do this.

You were never "real horde" in the first place, because you don't share its ideals.

I don't listen Alliance i never played that fraction never will so go suck to Sourfang the traitor, the deserter, the boyfriend of lady Anduin...
03/11/2018 09:50Posted by Aratron
I don't listen Alliance

yeah yeah yeah, real edgy, blablaba, mom and dad are very proud of you.

I mean we already established Blizzard caters to the lowest possible common denominator. It's no surprise the terrible storywriting actually sucks you in.
03/11/2018 09:51Posted by Naeya
03/11/2018 09:50Posted by Aratron
I don't listen Alliance

yeah yeah yeah, real edgy, blablaba, mom and dad are very proud of you.

I mean we already established Blizzard caters to the lowest possible common denominator. It's no surprise the terrible storywriting actually sucks you in.

This terrible story telling will kill the game for good, I hate traitors and cowards and they build up such character who go suck the enemy well no.. Also going personal is not very smart move people play this game until this day because they are involved in the story also we are not sourfang to quit we will try to fix things first
03/11/2018 09:00Posted by Savoren
In their case, yes, theirs is pretty much an informed consent.

Which goes to prove that Sylvanas being undead counts for a grand amount of nuffin'. If some Old God/Xal'atath makes her a good enough offer, it doesn't make a lick of difference whether or not she's vulnerable to corruption. She can knowingly make that deal regardless. Making this:

03/11/2018 07:19Posted by Karila
a bloody shame she cannot listen or be mind control by the void. the void are afraid of undead since they cannot control them. so your little own canon is a bit out of touch with the lore

A fairly pointless argument.
03/11/2018 07:13Posted by Grodor
03/11/2018 07:08Posted by Kilean
She sacrificed her city for the horde

Or she sacrificed her city for another (still unknown, possibly Old God related) plot.

She also sacrificed her own soldiers by throwing blight on them.

I loved the BfA cinematic, but I hoped there would be a better reason for the alliance wanting to conquer UC. Or well, I suppose the alliance reason was good, it just sucked for the horde to lose a main city over their warleader starting something she can't really control.
I love it when people don't even read a simple book and then pretend they know a character.

She literally says she doesn't care about the Horde. That's it, there is no "oh but she sacrificed her city!" coming back. She lost her city while also bombing her own defenders with blight to kill some humans.

Also, if by "most successful warchief" you mean that she destroyed a city just before losing another while also uniting the whole Alliance against the Horde AND also igniting rebellion in the Horde itself then yes, she is the most successful warchief.. at wrecking the Horde's chance for survival.

As expected, not a single valid point, just the usual "I don't care about facts or research, she is edgy so she is the best!" mentality.

I agree, Saurfang would not be a good Warchief. He is weak, easily manipulated and dumb and clearly unable to hold up the standards of the original Horde. But he and Baine are the only ones who at least sometimes stand for the original ideals of it.

Blizzard story writing is punishing the real Horde players. Not the edgy "let's kill all hope" fans, but those who choose the Horde years ago for what it was for a decade.
too much alliance kids here trying to make us hate sylvanas.
it doesn't make a lick of difference whether or not she's vulnerable to corruption.

It actually does. Being invulnerable to their whispers and mind control means that she won't lose her own will or control. If she accepts old gods offer, that'll be her own choice and not a result of corruption or mind control. That means if things won't go as planned she can always bail out of her deal with them, which isn't something possible for someone who is vulnerable to the influence of old gods.

Accepting an old gods offer is questionable at best and downright evil at worst, but that's hardly the news since we're talking about Sylvanas.
It is ironic how in the same post in which you accuse other posters of this

03/11/2018 10:33Posted by Murdash
just the usual "I don't care about facts or research, she is edgy so she is the best!" mentality.

You go on stating this

03/11/2018 10:33Posted by Murdash
She lost her city while also bombing her own defenders with blight to kill some humans

Surely having done the intro quests and watched the cinematics you must have noticed that she did not merely "kill some humans"

The blight completed turned the tide in favour of the Horde. Anduin's main army was in full retreat at that point. If not for Jaina's rather convenient intervention, the Alliance would have lost right there.
03/11/2018 07:08Posted by Kilean
She sacrificed her city for the horde. She obviously cares for the horde.

Or she sacrificed her city (and a lot of Horde soldiers) to save her own hide from paying for something SHE did?
Yeah, but she is hot so..
03/11/2018 10:46Posted by Savoren
It actually does.

True, I'll concede that it does give her an out if she should change her mind - an option unavailable to by far most people in service to Old Gods.

My point was rather that, in response to Karila's argument, undeath doesn't remove the risk of her being played by N'zoth. We know these ancient fellas have orchestrated events without ever getting directly involved in the past, and we know they can recruit undead members just fine - presumably by making them some mighty tempting offers or manipulating events around them.

So while it's absolutely true that she won't be made a drone without free will, and it's absolutely true that she will have the choice to go back on her part of a deal struck with an Old God, the possibility of her heading down that path is real. And if N'zoth plays the manipulation game well, she might not want to backtrack despite having the option.
03/11/2018 07:00Posted by Murdash
But you gladly serve Sylvanas who doesn't care about the Horde at all, who would sell you all for a bit more power without a second thought. Who only joined the Horde because she wanted to be kept safe from the Alliance. Who started a war just to get more power, not caring about sacrificing the Horde forces at all, even bombing them from behind.

Stop pretending, you don't give a flying duck about "traitors" etc, you just like an edgy "let's destroy all hope" cliche antagonist.

I guess some people just want to embrace the chaotic/evil side. I don't. I was so pissed I had no other choice but to serve her, I even skipped the "spread the blight" WQs, I am glad we finally get our horde back, but I fear it is a bit too late.

Developement pace makes me sad. I honestly do not have the patience to wait for such a long time between content. I'm the kind of guy who waits until theres like 4-5 seasons to a TV show before I start watching it, because I want that immersion. And same applies to video games. I am starting to dislike the way Blizzard handles their business.
Oh I'm sorry, were we supposed to roll over Anduin's boot instead?
Well Sylvanas is not in cahoots with the enemy boyduin so I don't see why any Hordes would like to be ruled by the turncoat instead of her
03/11/2018 11:13Posted by Leymaiden
Oh I'm sorry, were we supposed to roll over Anduin's boot instead?

Isn't that obvious by now? Also refusal to comply autmatically makes you an,
"an edgy "let's destroy all hope" cliche antagonist."
Arguements of the pro Sylvanas party:

• She is the true warchief
  • She is a much better tactician
  • Honor means nothing to the dead
  • Old gods cannot control her
  • We don't want a Garrosh 2.0
  • Saurfang is a literall traitor

Arguements of the pro Saurfang party:

• He is the warchief that we deserve, a war hero (and cuz orcs are the OC horde)
  • People support Sylvanas only because she's their dream waifu
  • Sylvanas is evil, she kills civilians (there is no other character in Warcraft history who did that)
  • Sylvanas has no honor!!!11
  • Feminism invades WoW, and that's why the plot is centered around her!