"I will never serve the traitor Saurfang!" Really?..

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
04/11/2018 10:34Posted by Xakura
"The old orc is not the type to stab people in the back" Malf wanna talk with you.

That was an impulse reaction at seeing Sylvanas almost dead. He defended her. Killing somebody that is already at the ground is something different. His honor dictated him to defend his warchief that was in danger and it was the same honour that prevented him from striking an enemy already on the ground, after also realizing what he had just done.

First was an instinctive reaction.
Second was a rational one.

04/11/2018 10:37Posted by Leymaiden
He didn't seem to mind when it was Draenei kiddos back in Draenor.

When he, and all the other orcs were driven by fel magic and Guldan? Yeah, orcs did that, then they redeemed themselves. Every race has done abominable acts under the influence of an evil being or another. There are no innocents.
03/11/2018 07:00Posted by Murdash
But you gladly serve Sylvanas who doesn't care about the Horde at all

This here is the major flaw of your post. You clearly haven't played Horde to see that that enforcing the Horde's will is her driving force. The azerite mining, recruiting Allies, it's all to ensure the Horde's power and dominance, to crush the Alliance.

What she has done until now shows that she expects loyalty and that wouldn't be the case if she didn't supposedly care about the faction...again...the faction, not individual lives. If someone like Saurfang wants to commit suicide, which he does, Sylvanas won't stop him, simple as that.
I think a lot don't understand horde honor ( even the writers that screw up again)

Orcs have honor , but the honor is among themselves ( the most respected , bad !@# , etc is the leader of the clan ... or horde. That why thrall lost the respect , he cheated and that why Garrosh was a great leader for them .
They don't view honor for others as a "knight" way ... for example is clear that even saurfang considers goblins scums and low level beings.

From the beginning of time horde came thru the portal and went "oh look , people , gonna pillage and burn :) ..... there was 0 (zero) diplomatic approach like "can we put a tent here " .....

The orcs don't consider that above a lack of honor , is a survival status . The stronger survives. ( it what drove them to drink the blood ) . They mostly respect power .

Implicit the horde allies as they are now are all fighting (or fought) for a home
(taurens, blood elves and forsaken )

The whole Saurfang story is just bad writing , orcs have allied with humans and others only when there was a greater threat ( World tree stuff ) and even then half of them did not wanted .

So yeah Saurfang is a traitor in the eyes of most of the orcs ...

It makes sense for the horde (all of them ) to rally at Sylvanas "For the horde!" when a anemic Saurfang as general sits behind a barricade dodging arrows . ...
03/11/2018 07:08Posted by Kilean
She sacrificed her city for the horde. She obviously cares for the horde.

For the horde, or for some reason we yet have to discover?
04/11/2018 10:34Posted by Xakura
It could also be that she simple expected him to follow the orders from his warchief?
Then shes a idiot, not long ago he didn't follow Garrosh a Orc and his new Horde did he?

If she is to stupid not to know that he is a man of honor and wont just blindly follow orders then she is a even worse tactician than i imagined.
04/11/2018 23:59Posted by Koradan
Then shes a idiot, not long ago he didn't follow Garrosh a Orc and his new Horde did he?

If she is to stupid not to know that he is a man of honor and wont just blindly follow orders then she is a even worse tactician than i imagined.

Except he blindly followed Sylvanas' orders and led the assault to Ashenvale and Darkshore not too long ago.

That's because a senile old orc who isn't backed up by any troops doesn't pose a threat, so she simply didn't even bother with him.
03/11/2018 07:19Posted by Karila
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Or she sacrificed her city for another (still unknown, possibly Old God related) plot.

a bloody shame she cannot listen or be mind control by the void. the void are afraid of undead since they cannot control them. so your little own canon is a bit out of touch with the lore

"related to "and "mind controlled by" are 2 different things.
for example she might want to kill the whole population of azeroth and raise it as undead in order to defeat the old gods.
her motivations would be related to the old gods, but does not imply she is mind controlled by them, and it is not for the benefit of the horde, as there would be no more horde, there would just be a scourge 2.0
The forums is full of comments like this and it's ridiculous.

"I will never serve a traitor like Saurfang, if he becomes warchief the game is dead to me"

But you gladly serve Sylvanas who doesn't care about the Horde at all, who would sell you all for a bit more power without a second thought. Who only joined the Horde because she wanted to be kept safe from the Alliance. Who started a war just to get more power, not caring about sacrificing the Horde forces at all, even bombing them from behind.

These are the facts, told by Sylvanas, written in the books you in your ignorance never read.

Stop pretending, you don't give a flying duck about "traitors" etc, you just like an edgy "let's destroy all hope" cliche antagonist.

Still crying for the tree?

I LOL in the casual alliance memes calling us the 14 years horde players edgys or Sylvanas fanboys , you really sound like a meme .
Saurfang is the brother of the most badass orc that ever lived.
A brother of Broxigar, is a brother of mine, forever and ever.

It's time to give Saurfang the Axe of Cenarius and end sylvanas once and for all.
And that dirty stinking nathanos too!
05/11/2018 02:42Posted by Necata

Still crying for the tree?

I LOL in the casual alliance memes calling us the 14 years horde players edgys or Sylvanas fanboys , you really sound like a meme .

They are a meme. Calling other people "edgy cliches" while acting like the most stereotypical, common and unimaginative lawful good stereotypes.

They can't even envision how a society like the horde works, let alone comprehend the relativity of terms like "good" and "honor".
05/11/2018 00:08Posted by Savoren
04/11/2018 23:59Posted by Koradan

Except he blindly followed Sylvanas' orders and led the assault to Ashenvale and Darkshore not too long ago.

That's because a senile old orc who isn't backed up by any troops doesn't pose a threat, so she simply didn't even bother with him.

See this is where the bad writing start....
Saurfang had no voice before the war started . He even help plan it ..... he got cold feet when the killing started ? ( like was this his first war ? )

" * what have we done , omg , Sylv i though we gonna ask them nice to relocate "
He took a part of the army and went around the mountains to ambush civilians.

Again , is not a matter of honor to follow her or not . As a Orc he does not have support as long as she does good in the war . In fact he "shoot himself in the foot" when he bail out with the humans . ( There is mention that within the horde are other voices that want him dead for treason )
Hey I'm undead, I follow Sylvie baby anywhere she goes with fire in my eyes and venom in my bite.

It's nice to see she's stirring things up, she wants us to live forever, she has reasons for the attack and proving a point.

I like her tone, she's cool and she gets things done.
03/11/2018 07:03Posted by Grodor
Sylvanas fanbois. Enough said.
05/11/2018 05:08Posted by Jakali
03/11/2018 07:03Posted by Grodor
Sylvanas fanbois. Enough said.

let me guess , you just like trolling others
Epic wall of text almost a book chapter Srry

I think people are reading to much into everything. First of the basic “horde” is split into 3 camps

Camp 1 re-rollers/playing both factions players who have nothing to say on the matter, or know both sides of the story and use 20/20 hind sight vision to explain bad decisions.

Camp 2 I’ll Say the pre-fell horde mind set. The shamanistic, honorable warrior type army. These people are not wrong its very feudal era type style and understandable to be wanting to be a part off. Big part of the horde leadership falls into that corner because that’s the way thrall was. The Tauren, the Pandaren, mag’har orcs.

Camp 3 is the post-fell horde mind set. The “evil army” the Army that wants to Take over Azeroth as a home that they can live in. and these people know horde and alliance will never see eye tot eye. And we need to win the war at all costs. Troll, Goblin, undead leadership stand on this side of the coin.
With that said, I think

Q: do we want a nice love & honor type horde? That gets along with the alliance? That would be the end of the war on Azeroth and the real Dual faction and rely the end of World of warcraft unless it would drop the dual war faction style of play.
A: No we all love the fact that the war is ongoing its part of the warcraft game.

Q: Was the act on tendrasil Good?/Evil?gray?
A: it was dark hart core rotting Evil! Ofc, but lets take a look at those events. We players only see a small part, like a 20-45 min game time. But lets say it was weeks/months/years of war to get rid of the elven blight on our side of the world. Who are actively attacking our people in Ashenvail. Silvanas takes the rain as war chief and Stomps out this problem “cant fight a war on two side’s” then wiped out the land mass of the elves. We have been at war with the alliance fore what 14ish years? We have never gotten that far. Lets look at the events. She was going to route the alliance from our land. And Let Sourfang murder Malfurian, what would Tiranda leader of the elves do to some one who murdered her husband? Take vengeance. So here lies the match that sparked the fuse “literally”.

(I think as a smart leader she is she already excepted the next things before the attack on Dark shore)

If I attack dark shore, Darnassus will retaliate with all there might. And this means the alliance will retaliate. So I’ll try to bait out Malfurian kill him, at worst I’ll kill one of the, if not the most powerful druid backing the alliance. At best send the leader of the elves into a depression fore killing her bazillion year old soul m8. Then after the last city falls and she has won this commander states “you can not kill our hope” and she is right. The elves have always been very high and mighty about them being better than everyone else, then there she is, an army at hand no ships by sea or by air protecting the home of the elves. This is the best and only chance she will have. She (attempted to) murder Malfurian killed many elves and wisps and razed the elven city’s. the backlash was coming anyway. So why not? As a Evil villain and wanting to protect your continent why not destroy the main base of your enemy?

(during strategy games you have played, did you play honorable? O do you try to just win?)

So now we know the counterattack is coming. Like Silvanas, the alliance laid waste to all the undead city’s (same thing we did) and attacked a place we knew the where coming, so here Silvanas Shows how crazy smart/scary she is, she made a plan to wipe out the entire alliance first with the help of the azirite tank… that the boy king 1 shots (wtf?) but in case the azurite tank failed she hade a Plan B, at the key moment after drawing in the main army she attacked with blight to kill almost the entire army (yes this is evil but she is not here to win the most sweet wars chief she wants to win the war) plan worked perfectly, a big part of the alliance army dead some friendly fire was taken (a calculated loss) but the alliance took a big hit and was retreating we “doubled?” our army and where about to charge and kill the boy king end of the Warr we win!. Then Jaina rolls in ruins the win! At a Epic level destroys the blight, takes out all the towers and the gate. (WTF?) But… Silvanas hade a plan C if the attack on the main gate failed. She split the Alliance army with blight and was going to kill both sides with overpowering numbers. Jana…Again saves the day ..Teleport reinforcements. But Silvanas Hade a plan D if the City would Fall she would lure in the alliance leadership and may have failed to beat the army but she would kill There leaders and win the war anyway…

That’s the Warchief we want. Key Part “WAR” chief the horde is at war and we have been fore 14ish years. She is only leader in times of war.

We “the players/hero” after 14 years want the war to end. Think of it WW2 lasted 6 years. This war has lasted 14 years not counting RTS Warcraft series’

So yes I prefer A WAR chief that can end this war one way or another.
05/11/2018 00:08Posted by Savoren

First off he gives you a quest to save the civilians which he says will be set free after the battle, did sylvannis tell him to do that, i doubt it.

Following your leader isn't being blind, she is the one who must not realize what honor means to him, a trusted general in her army and she doesn't know how he would react or think. She is supposed to be a great general hell in before the storm she is supposed to tell that if she steps out of line Saurfang will challenge her yet she isn't smart enough to realize he would not kill Malfurion
03/11/2018 15:01Posted by Lothamir
03/11/2018 07:08Posted by Kilean
She sacrificed her city for the horde. She obviously cares for the horde.

Hahaha she didn't sacrifice her city, she lost her city. She is like a little child, if i can't have it no one will. And she destroyed her city. Not for the Horde not for the forsaken she even killed her own man while they defended the city. She cares about power. I love how the story is going i always knew sylvanas was evil and it is great saurfang and others are standing up against her

Ever heard of scorched earth tactic? It was what happend at undercity she lost the City but dint make make Alliance stronger its a valid military tactic which was used alot in middle Ages.
But you gladly serve Sylvanas who doesn't care about the Horde at all, who would sell you all for a bit more power without a second thought

Sylvanas would Sell us out for a bit of power?....where is Saurfang right now and what exactly is he doing?

Who only joined the Horde because she wanted to be kept safe from the Alliance. Who started a war just to get more power

I'll add to that, she's also Sinisterly Smart, Connivingly Calculated and always has her eyes on the bigger Picture, All of which were the reasons why she was chosen as Warchief.

Silly you for thinking those were negatives.

Stop pretending, you don't give a flying duck about "traitors"

If you're trying to make a case for the Traitor, you don't go about it by calling us traitors, which you did when you accused us of pretending.

you just like an edgy "let's destroy all hope" cliche antagonist.

Over a flip flopper, yeah.
Always follow the fool no the leader.
I would rather follow Saurfant "traitor" Varok than Sylvie "the frostmourne powerslide" Windrunner